Funky Sisters

Patto

Just Bought The Funky Sisters  Do It To It.Its a great little dancer but unusual and not typically Northern.Who ever was the first DJ to introduce this tune to the scene he must have had an ear for something different.

Was told it was a well known tune pre Wigan at the Cats,Torch era.Anyone out there remember who the DJs were to first play it

Also who were the Funky Sisters did they contain any well known names

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Hiya,  I know it was popular at the torch etc and was booted on ootp. As for the singers, they were known under another guise but can't  remember at the moment, Johnson sisters ?  Someone will give you better details. Cheers

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Pga1 said:

Hiya,  I know it was popular at the torch etc and was booted on ootp. As for the singers, they were known under another guise but can't  remember at the moment, Johnson sisters ?  Someone will give you better details. Cheers

deffo a torch discovery,

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Played extensively throughout 1972 at places such as The Torch, Cats, and Pendulum. Still seemingly popular enough in 73 for CB to boot it on his OOTP label. Can't rightly say I heard it played very much after mid 73, and definitely cannot recall it ever being played in the main room at Wigan during the first year, 9/73-9/74.

Neither can I recall it being played much, if at all, at the Mecca, so perhaps NOT one of Levines discoveries? If not, then maybe Pep?

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!