Joe Jama - Phases of time - Optimum - OP 103

Mace

So, I've seen the 2 copies that sold way back in 2012, but have no further idea on how rare or indemand this 45 by Joe Jama is....nice tune, even for a clotheared blues lover like myself....aware that this sort of stuff is very popular at moment, so hit me with good news folk ! :D

jama.jpg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

14 minutes ago, Mace said:

Yeah, I know the big one......this actually seems far more obscure, but prices are usually dictated by DJ demand rather than actual rarity and quality.....:wink::lol:

I've just added 103 to the Optimum catalogue on 45cat as it wasn't on there so that speaks for its elusive pedigree!

https://www.45cat.com/record/nc709220us&rc=751286#751286

BTW: I collect the label and have 3 by the Royal Jesters.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Mace said:

Quite nice i could see some lowrider / sweet soul collector interest in it.

first time i've come across it but i'm not looking particulary hard anymore.

in a similar way sweet memories by robert tanner became a huge record when his other equally good record on same label remained largely untalked about or played.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Andrew.  Trust you are well mate :hatsoff2:£1.50 and a packet of oat cakes should seal it mate.:g:

Steve 

Now if you'd got it right with 'Oatcakes' instead of 'Oat cakes' we might have had a deal....however, your apparent lack of respect for our local delicacy has left me feeling rather bitter and incredibly disappointed.........so geddafuckouttahere!!!! :D

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 minute ago, dylan said:

You did.. :wink:

not sure how many sweet soul collectors follow activity on here to see this ?

Yeah, I put it on FB rare soul valuations as well, but had more replies on here.....had a few nice offers, but been advised to send it to Jason @ Carolinasoul and let him work his magic with it.......which may well be the way forward to be honest.

Social source share

7 minutes ago, Mace said:

Incidentally, and quite interestingly, I found this at Nottingham Record Fair (Belgrave Rooms) last Saturday for less than the cost of 2 cheap hookers, a bottle of Thunderbird and a greasy kebab in Crewe town centre (apparently :D).......which kinda proves that things do still pop up at the better UK Record fairs, so worth dragging your arses out of bed, leaving ebay alone for a few hours and getting stuck into piles of dusty 45s.....old school stylee.......:yes:

Thats even worse then i live in nottingham and didnt even go....

Social source share

17 minutes ago, Sigs 79 said:

I would've bought it from you but I understand the want of Carolina's magic.😁

Feel free to PM me an offer in private......I obviously have no idea of true value but a handsome offer is always worth chancing!
Won't be offended either way, skin of a Rhino me......:D

Social source share

23 hours ago, Mace said:

Now if you'd got it right with 'Oatcakes' instead of 'Oat cakes' we might have had a deal....however, your apparent lack of respect for our local delicacy has left me feeling rather bitter and incredibly disappointed.........so geddafuckouttahere!!!! :D

what you need with that oatcake is a milkshake

Social source share

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, nicoocho said:

Hello Mace,

Any news from that one ?

Did you finally get a decent offer or was there another case of Carolina's magic ?

Forgot all about it if I'm honest......stacked in a pile somewhere.... was hoping Carolinasoul would source and auction a copy sometime in the near future so I can establish some kind of current value......

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!