soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 51
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

price now -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------215

dont wait too long for it to drop ,as at a certain point,will cost me money

then it will be taken off

You cant bottle it now ranting_1.gif its not right.

Social source share

I'm amazed a record can come down in price by £145, does this mean it was overpriced in the first place or that Keith's making a loss on it?

Simon :unsure:

Social source share

No offence to Keith but it's not a £300 record. Three have gone through eBay in the last few months at around (or below!) the £100 mark. Take a look:

https://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php...p;x=15&y=13

I was the seller of the two copies in June. One went for £110 and was never sent for, I relisted it and it went for £83. I lost £42 on it :unsure:

Social source share

I was the seller of the two copies in June. One went for £110 and was never sent for, I relisted it and it went for £83. I lost £42 on it :unsure:

I always thought it was a £150-£200 record but maybe the demand for it has just dried up?

Social source share

I'm amazed a record can come down in price by £145, does this mean it was overpriced in the first place or that Keith's making a loss on it?

Simon :unsure:

both

300 in the price guide is possibly high

but it i dont sell

i cant pay my way

so have to get some money back,even at a loss

this amount is better than zero

always willing to take offers for stuff,

www.soulsearcherrecords.co.uk

Social source share

I always thought it was a £150-£200 record but maybe the demand for it has just dried up?
bought mine from a well known record dealer

for 150-00 in money

+ gave him record worth 50-00-------which cost me 20-00

it was selling regularly @ 200 quid

but if no ones gonna pay 145-00 for it

then it doesnt matter

i shall just have to keep it

Social source share

If you can get £80 on it, expecially with the dollar where it is and the time of year it is, I'd say take it. :unsure:

Just my opinion of course.

its a dificult situation

far as i know its 300 in jms book

dont know about tim browns

so when i bought it,total cost 170

thought might get 260 on it...............

so are we saying jm.s price is out of date already

supose it was prepared about 12 months ago

Social source share

Keith we all know including you that Manship is well overpriced in most cases its a guide not gospel..GUIDE can be either way more or less and its not a typical in demander there are loads of them around and in collections mate and like everything else its supply and demand..so if no demand then no top price on it

try getting the book price off Manship for it

he will tell you to f off haha

the gasher

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

its a dificult situation

far as i know its 300 in jms book

dont know about tim browns

so when i bought it,total cost 170

thought might get 260 on it...............

so are we saying jm.s price is out of date already

supose it was prepared about 12 months ago

Stick it on ebay and stop bumping is my advise. You'll be lucky to get £80 though, as the pound is so strong. Oh, and perhaps best not to put a sound file on there either :unsure:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Stick it on ebay and stop bumping is my advise. You'll be lucky to get £80 though, as the pound is so strong. Oh, and perhaps best not to put a sound file on there either :yes:

ok what about ernestene eady---------------------100 anyone

scepter issue-----------nice condition

its 150 in book :D

trades /part cash ?

pahaps i should just buy all my records from Pete Smith

hes cheap as chips :unsure:

Edited by keithw
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

ok what about ernestene eady---------------------100 anyone

scepter issue-----------nice condition

its 150 in book :yes:

trades /part cash ?

pahaps i should just buy all my records from Pete Smith

hes cheap as chips :unsure:

Last copy I remember went for about £90 on ebay, I think. But that was when pound was alot weaker, and not at xmas either. £75 these days I'd guess.

Perhaps you should do a nice scan and sound file and not use big ugly font. Successful sellers usually present their record in a nice way. Even type the full name of the track might help it sell?

Just an idea?

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Last copy I remember went for about £90 on ebay, I think. But that was when pound was alot weaker, and not at xmas either. £75 these days I'd guess.

Perhaps you should do a nice scan and sound file and not use big ugly font. Successful sellers usually present their record in a nice way. Even type the full name of the track might help it sell?

Just an idea?

anyone want to buy a fence off me? £50 and its yours :unsure:

shane

Social source share

Just an idea?

Think that was mine on eBay, pretty sure I sold one on there a couple of months ago and took a 'Best Offer' of £90 on it.....my memory is poor!

I do agree on the font point made as well, I very rarely look in any depth at your lists if the font is full of unfinished HTML Keith as it just hurts my eyes trying to go through it. Guess I'm not the only one so maybe you could try your next list in normal font and see if that helps?

Adam.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Think that was mine on eBay, pretty sure I sold one on there a couple of months ago and took a 'Best Offer' of £90 on it.....my memory is poor!

I do agree on the font point made as well, I very rarely look in any depth at your lists if the font is full of unfinished HTML Keith as it just hurts my eyes trying to go through it. Guess I'm not the only one so maybe you could try your next list in normal font and see if that helps?

Adam.

point taken,its nice and tidy on my screen

but when i cut and paste it goes haywire

or it misses half off and the like

Social source share

point taken,its nice and tidy on my screen

but when i cut and paste it goes haywire

or it misses half off and the like

Yep, I've never been able to understand HTML or get it to work like I want it to. Thats why I married a computer programmer so if I need any techy help it's always around :unsure:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Keith, if you had a couple of bids "near" 235, why have you had to drop the price so far?

I'd be very embarrassed about your antics if I was you.

People like to buy records off people they trust, not liars. You have lied to try and trick people into buying the record? Or not?

Just my opinion of course. :unsure:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Keith, if you had a couple of bids "near" 235, why have you had to drop the price so far?

I'd be very embarrassed about your antics if I was you.

People like to buy records off people they trust, not liars. You have lied to try and trick people into buying the record? Or not?

Just my opinion of course. :unsure:

its the usual story.peaple want the record

until you ask them to pay up

Social source share

Dunno if people think this funny or not, but the copy I sold for £83 was via ebay but to someone who posts on here, and before I had even posted the record to him, he had it on his sales list with a full description! :yes:

Wouldn't be the only person though would he? I've sold quite a few things on the bay that turn up on sales list on here the next week :D

Mind you I've also bought bits off eBay and then put them up here myself :unsure:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Wouldn't be the only person though would he? I've sold quite a few things on the bay that turn up on sales list on here the next week :D

Mind you I've also bought bits off eBay and then put them up here myself :yes:

never put anything on here before ive paid and recieved it

but did buy the PHd,s from Adam (Yourself)

with the intension of keeping it,only to buy the new yorkers

so had to keep one or the other :unsure:

Social source share

never put anything on here before ive paid and recieved it

but did buy the PHd,s from Adam (Yourself)

with the intension of keeping it,only to buy the new yorkers

so had to keep one or the other :unsure:

True would never put something on a list unless I had it in my hand first. Nice record that PHDs :yes:

Adam.

Social source share

Dunno if people think this funny or not, but the copy I sold for £83 was via ebay but to someone who posts on here, and before I had even posted the record to him, he had it on his sales list with a full description! :unsure:

Classic! :yes:

Social source share

Dunno if people think this funny or not, but the copy I sold for £83 was via ebay but to someone who posts on here, and before I had even posted the record to him, he had it on his sales list with a full description! :P

PETE

IF I SELL RECORDS ON HERE I TRY TO PRICE THEM SO I MAYBE MAKE A COUPLE OF QUID OR JUST BREAK EVEN ,JUST SO I CAN PURCHASE SOMETHING NEW.POINT IS I GET SOME GOOD DEALS ON HERE AND TRY TO RETURN THE SAME.BUT RECENTLY I SOLD A RECORD WHICH WAS BOUGHT BY A DEALER ON HERE AND SOLD FOR A LOT MORE (SAME WEEK). I DON'T BEGRUDGE ANYONE BUYING OFF ME ,IT JUST BAFFLES ME HOW SOME PEOPLE PASS UP A CHEAP SALE ON HERE, THEN PAY DOUBLE FROM A DEALER ON HERE :lol:

Social source share

YOU THINK YOUR HAVING A CRAP DAY

told my lists are unreadable

Only said that to try and help you out....I hope thats the way it came across?

As to selling records, it's Christmas...a lot of people are spending money on other things :lol:

Social source share

PETE

IF I SELL RECORDS ON HERE I TRY TO PRICE THEM SO I MAYBE MAKE A COUPLE OF QUID OR JUST BREAK EVEN ,JUST SO I CAN PURCHASE SOMETHING NEW.POINT IS I GET SOME GOOD DEALS ON HERE AND TRY TO RETURN THE SAME.BUT RECENTLY I SOLD A RECORD WHICH WAS BOUGHT BY A DEALER ON HERE AND SOLD FOR A LOT MORE (SAME WEEK). I DON'T BEGRUDGE ANYONE BUYING OFF ME ,IT JUST BAFFLES ME HOW SOME PEOPLE PASS UP A CHEAP SALE ON HERE, THEN PAY DOUBLE FROM A DEALER ON HERE :lol:

No I don't understand that either mate. Happens all the time, especially in auctions.

Social source share

Wouldn't be the only person though would he? I've sold quite a few things on the bay that turn up on sales list on here the next week :P

Mind you I've also bought bits off eBay and then put them up here myself :lol:

No, we all do it - but I hadn't even posted the record and he was going on like he'd got it in his hands

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert