Most inappropriate request to a DJ....

My mate Gaz Simon was DJing at a place in Gateshead back in the early 80,s, there were some skinheads in, Gaz said the atmosphere was a bit iffy, while doing his set one of the skins came up on the stage and asked if he would play "there's a hole in my shoe" by Neil, Gaz, by now shitting himself tried explaining he didn't have it and it was a Northern Soul do.At that, the skinhead walked off the stage, along the front of the decks and pulled Gaz from underneath the decks by his legs, there was fooking hell on 😂 

Priceless 👍 

Kev 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Spain pete
8 minutes ago, Modularman said:

As Keb Darge used to respond "you don't know anything!" and if they asked for something we can dance to...."you can't f**king dance!!"

Or fk off it's been fk. Ing played to death for fk. Ing  years so fk. Off 

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

I was once asked to get some cocaine and when I shook my head he punched me in the chest.  Wasn't a scene do but I was playing soul. 

His mate then came over (coked up) and wanted to have a go on the decks. My laughter caused me to get a punch. The punch got them ejected. I never DJd there again. 

Edited by JNixon
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

4 hours ago, Baz Coops said:

Modern room last Saturday, 'Can you play the snake'

Brilliant!!!!...the snake is always the one!!....my 3x double decking ( that's my dj career ever! ) at pure soul a rare under played night I got asked by a girl who had a learning disability (she was having a great time ) for the snake...obviously I didn't have it or was going to play it so apologised and said ask my decking partner Boff (what a bail out but didn't want to upset her ), it was a no from him as well but also a polite response....I then had a 10 minute chat to her about the Fred Perry I was wearing and she was going to buy one for her boyfriend....yeah totally a wrong request but strangely it was a lovely moment and Boff never forgets it..good times always....kind regards....Rob

Edited by Lionelonthevinyl
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!