Phillippe Wynne & BootsyCollins -Which Pacesetters?

Guest Polyvelts

Guest Polyvelts

I read that the Spinners Phillippe Wynne & Bootsy Collins were in a group  together in the sixties called The Pacesetters. It seems to be a fairly common band name, and I can see there are releases by groups on Minit, Mica, Boola Boola, etc. Does anyone know which one they were in ? That's if they ever put out any records at all....

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Polyvelts
13 hours ago, still diggin said:

I am not sure where the book is now, but I remember seeing a member listing for the group on Kent, I believe one side was ' Freedom is justice' or something like that. Pretty sure he was in that group, not the Fantasy or Minit outfits. I will  have a look over the weekend.

Andy

Thanks for reply, yes the group that did ‘push on Jesse Jackson’, just read a comment on YouTube that says it’s Bootsy !

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

can you believe Phillips Wynne used to come out at the end of a Parliament show in a tux and sing ‘Sadie’ that must have been something to behold !! What a legend !

after 3 hours of pfunk madness it must have just destroyed everybody  !! 

Edited by Polyvelts
Social source share

9 hours ago, polyvelts said:

can you believe Phillips Wynne used to come out at the end of a Parliament show in a tux and sing ‘Sadie’ that must have been something to behold !! What a legend !

after 3 hours of pfunk madness it must have just destroyed everybody  !! 

Not seen that before,nice little clip. Allways loved Wynne's voice, but as you say must of been real chalk and cheese after a Parliment show.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!