gogs

Best invention ever

Just heard on the news that they have built a robot that can assemble Ikea flat-packs, this gets my vote. What would you vote for?

31 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

...and stop using emojis, it's destroying our language.

I do like a e mojie 😱🔆🍻🎭👍 bacon sandwich anyone ? 🍴🍳

3 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

I would vote for a floor polish that explodes on impact with talcum powder.  Does that make me a bad person?

I've formed the company and come up with a catchy name.  All I need to do now is find a mad scientist to help me develop "Chunter & Grumble's Nogotalc".

11 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

For me the best inventions are in no particular order.

Women. 

Amphetamines. 

7" soul records.  

You can keep your emoji to yourself thank you  :rofl:

Steve

Sex and Drugs and Northern Soul?

4 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

I would vote for a floor polish that explodes on impact with talcum powder.  Does that make me a bad person?

Swapping out someone's talc with a little batch of Nitrogen triiodide would be a way of livening up a quiet nighter , a tad naughty but great fun in small doses ... :wicked:

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, WoodButcher said:

If the world has finally dumbed-down to the level that robots are needed to perform such mind-blowingly simple tasks such as throwing together cheap bookcases then I believe it's time to have a serious rethink about the way humanity is headed ........ :facepalm:

Put down those bloody "SmartPhones" , start looking forward not down , grab a screwdriver and get on with the simple tasks before total vegitation sets in permanently ... :rolleyes:

After 40 in construction I'd think we're going to need Robots who can build houses as well, unless some can work out how to teach the next generation to construct the homes of the future with just their thumbs.

Edited by Zed1

Easy, Radio Stations, Radios,Record Players,Records, All Types of Music Tape Players (Reel To Reel Cassette Etc.) The Juke Box Where would we be as MUSIC FANS without them ?

Axles  wheels would be fooked without em .

Mad headlong rush by tech companys to get rid of workers .

Just because they can do something does not mean that they should .

The generation that inherits all this rubbish will probably be the most unfulfilled ever its quite sad really .

2 hours ago, Mark S said:

Mad headlong rush by tech companys to get rid of workers

I watched the programme about building the sea barriers to stop Venice from flooding where it showed them welding the barriers in a shipyard in Croatia, robots did most of the welding but they still needed good old humans to do part of the welding as the bloke said they'll never be able to build a robot that can reach in there, I thought if there enough money to be saved they will.

Those Teflon tweezer things for getting small stuff out of toasters though I do miss poking about with a fork and she who must be listened to shouting "at least unplug the toaster". This from the man who at seventeen took the old Dansette in the bathroom with predictable results, 24 hours unconscious in hospital and two scars a perfect match for the arm on the Dansette, Doh!

8 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

For me the best inventions are in no particular order.

Women. 

Amphetamines. 

7" soul records.  

You can keep your emoji to yourself thank you  :rofl:

Steve

never done the amps thing, but can't argue with the other two/three

Ikea flatpacks are a piece of pi$$ when compared to the MFI crap in the seventies. That bloody stuff fell down if you sneezed anywhere within 100ft of it. Spent all of my 21st b-day money from my parents on an MFI wall unit for me and the (1st) missus Navy married quarter. Fell down when she slammed the front door, and was so forked it couldn't be rescued. Just one more thing I've never forgiven her for.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Twoshoes said:

Those Teflon tweezer things for getting small stuff out of toasters though I do miss poking about with a fork and she who must be listened to shouting "at least unplug the toaster". This from the man who at seventeen took the old Dansette in the bathroom with predictable results, 24 hours unconscious in hospital and two scars a perfect match for the arm on the Dansette, Doh!

You could always use the two Dansette arm scars as a template for a tattoo, Could look quite fetching :thumbsup: 

Edited by RICK SCOTT

17 minutes ago, RICK SCOTT said:
14 hours ago, Twoshoes said:

You could always use the two Dansette arm scares as a template for a tattoo, Could look quite fetching :thumbsup: 

I was extremely lucky Rick, the scars are on the underside of my finger and just about visible now, it was only two weeks later my mum read in the paper a lad in Liverpool had unfortunately lost his life doing the same thing.

8 minutes ago, Twoshoes said:

I was extremely lucky Rick, the scars are on the underside of my finger and just about visible now, it was only two weeks later my mum read in the paper a lad in Liverpool had unfortunately lost his life doing the same thing.

Sorry my friend, was intended to raise a smile, not to offend, true it could have been quite a different outcome so again i am sorry, i should have thought about it before i posted, Rick

33 minutes ago, RICK SCOTT said:

Sorry my friend, was intended to raise a smile, not to offend, true it could have been quite a different outcome so again i am sorry, i should have thought about it before i posted, Rick

Not offended in the least Rick, I was amused by your reply, I can laugh about it now and often do, one of my after a few pints stories how I woke up in a cot, you got me thinking what kind of tattoo I could make from the scars though as I say they are now quite faint. I tend not to take life too seriously so really no problem.

Cheers for that, feel better about it now, though it did remind me of a stupid thing I did as a child when the bulb blew in my bedroom and i got a replacement out of the cupboard and decided to replace it myself, i stood on my bed to take the bulb out, and tried to put the new one in, wouldn't go in so stuck my fingers up the fitting to see what was stopping it going in and yes you can guess the rest, Never went near anything like that again for a long time, this was back in the 60s, when you plugged your iron into the light socket, i like you was very lucky, could very easy have been a different outcome, Rick

On 4/21/2018 at 12:32, RICK SCOTT said:

Cheers for that, feel better about it now, though it did remind me of a stupid thing I did as a child when the bulb blew in my bedroom and i got a replacement out of the cupboard and decided to replace it myself, i stood on my bed to take the bulb out, and tried to put the new one in, wouldn't go in so stuck my fingers up the fitting to see what was stopping it going in and yes you can guess the rest, Never went near anything like that again for a long time, this was back in the 60s, when you plugged your iron into the light socket, i like you was very lucky, could very easy have been a different outcome, Rick

I tried to fix my own boiler about fifteen years ago, opened up the electrics, fiddled a bit and was promptly thrown to the floor, luckily the wife was there to administer the necessary tellings off - never attempted a single job involving electrics ever again  - lucky escape

16 hours ago, shufflin said:

I tried to fix my own boiler about fifteen years ago, opened up the electrics, fiddled a bit and was promptly thrown to the floor, luckily the wife was there to administer the necessary tellings off - never attempted a single job involving electrics ever again  - lucky escape

We used to have a high level gas grill. As a independant youngster i wanted to make my own toast.  Turned gas on , got chair to reach the grill with matches, no matches in matchbox, climbed down went looking for matches in living room returned triumphantly with matches, climbed up onto chair, struck match reached over to grill and bang. Woke up on floor on the other side of the room  with a blackened face and black mark's on wall. Mum was at the bottom of the garden.  I wasn't home alone. 

Ste

9 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

We used to have a high level gas grill. As a independant youngster i wanted to make my own toast.  Turned gas on , got chair to reach the grill with matches, no matches in matchbox, climbed down went looking for matches in living room returned triumphantly with matches, climbed up onto chair, struck match reached over to grill and bang. Woke up on floor on the other side of the room  with a blackened face and black mark's on wall. Mum was at the bottom of the garden.  I wasn't home alone. 

Ste

So you're saying the piezoelectric igniter is the best invention ever?

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, shufflin said:

I tried to fix my own boiler about fifteen years ago, opened up the electrics

Good to know I'm not on my own when it comes to messing with electricity

Edited by Twoshoes

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

• 84 posts
    • 2621 reads
    • Roburt
    • 28 Apr 2018
  1. Talking pies- your best

• 80 posts
    • 1864 reads
    • JulianB
    • 23 Apr 2018
    • 30 posts
    • 1319 reads
    • dylan
    • 23 Mar 2018
    • 7 posts
    • 272 reads
    • carty
    • 23 Mar 2018
    • 5 posts
    • 516 reads
    • Fishdockroad
    • 23 Feb 2018
    • 331 posts
    • 24404 reads
    • RICK SCOTT
    • 22 Feb 2018

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.