Any northern records

Guest northernsoul62

• Replies 41
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

2 hours ago, douglaschip said:

James Brown - Lost someone - from the Hell album got plays.

Great track!!

Adam.

Surely not? There is one superb album only northern track on an otherwise mundane album but for the life of me can't dredge it up.

Social source share

9 hours ago, Tom Bois said:

Surely not? There is one superb album only northern track on an otherwise mundane album but for the life of me can't dredge it up.

Not sure what you mean but it certainly did get plays!!  Also a great version of 'These foolish things remind me of you' on the Hell album.

Social source share

2 hours ago, douglaschip said:

Not sure what you mean but it certainly did get plays!!  Also a great version of 'These foolish things remind me of you' on the Hell album.

Can't imagine either of those tracks at a northern venue other than to get people out the door. Where were they played?

Social source share

3 minutes ago, Tom Bois said:

Can't imagine either of those tracks at a northern venue other than to get people out the door. Where were they played?

These foolish things  - not suggesting this was played at Northern venues - Just great soul!! Lost Someone (70's) has had plenty of plays at a variety of venues - certainly not going to fall out with you over it!

Best Adam

Social source share

46 minutes ago, douglaschip said:

These foolish things  - not suggesting this was played at Northern venues - Just great soul!! Lost Someone (70's) has had plenty of plays at a variety of venues - certainly not going to fall out with you over it!

Best Adam

Yeh I was sticking to the OP question, everyone to his own mate, ktf Tom.

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts
1 hour ago, Andy Mac said:

Here's the LP version from Dee Dee....I'll leave to personal taste to choose the 45 or LP:thumbsup:

Never heard LP version ! Equally as good in its own way 

Social source share

Another soul singer who was hugely influential in the 60's (the Stones took much from him, as did other UK acts) and who had numerous biggies in 60's UK soul clubs was Don Covay. Don't think his stuff was ever played on the NS scene in the 70's.

Other UK outfits he influenced & who did his stuff included Spencer Davis Group, Geno Washington, Georgie Fame, Alan Price Set and these guys ...

Edited by Roburt
  • Listening now 1
Social source share

7 minutes ago, Roburt said:

Another soul singer who was hugely influential in the 60's (the Stones took much from him) and who had numerous biggies in 60's UK soul clubs was Don Covay. Don't think his stuff was ever played on the NS scene in the 70's.

"It's Better To Have" certainly got played during the 70's.

Social source share

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 14:43, RICK SCOTT said:

Yea, I used to play this to Death and still Do :yes:

Had this for a number of years, the cough at 1.04 always cracks me up,  he must have thought "no ones noticed and I cant be arsed doing another take"

Social source share

Guest northernsoul62
14 hours ago, Andy Mac said:

I know that. Just read my comment above in response to Tobytyke. 

As I pointed out its her sister, many get them mixed up, but thought you might actually like the record from one of the Warwick family.

Used to a few of dee dees records great singer

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!