Carol & Gerri

This is the unreleased version of "How Can I Ever Find A Way" from the Fifth Estate CD. Someone just made it look like it was a Red Bird promo.

It is slightly different from the released version- definitely not the same from 0:09- 0:15 when you compare the 2 versions side by side. 

Edited by the yank
Social source share

To the best of my knowledge and reading as much as possible about this record........no one knows who they are....one of my favourite double sided tunes....fantastic,, and I doubt anyone can say for definite who these ladies are....kind regards and have a great weekend......Rob

Edited by Lionelonthevinyl
Social source share

11 hours ago, the yank said:

This is the unreleased version of "How Can I Ever Find A Way" from the Fifth Estate CD. Someone just made it look like it was a Red Bird promo.

It is a  slightly different from the released version- definitely not the same from 0:09- 0:15 when you compare the 2 versions side by side. 

There's far more instrumentation on the MGM version too - I think the Fifth Estate was a work in progress, more of a basic recording, albeit 99% finished.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I always felt the inclusion of the track on the CD was just a mistake, as Fifth estate were an all male group. Maybe the tape was found along with the other Wadlams / Askew compositions / recordings and it was just presumed to be them. Just my impression. and I may be wrong.

Cheers
Mick

Edited by Mick Holdsworth
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!