why in the hell would you buy this?

Bitchdj

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Northern-Soul-45-CONSTELLATIONS-I-Dont-Know-About-You-GEMINI-HEAR/352331352997?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I seriously cannot believe people would actually pay money for something in such bad condition...I know it went for silly money on JM's but really?...are people prepared to have the record in any condition...more or less unplayable in this instance...it started at $8...

Social source share

Why buy this ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Northern-Soul-45-LUTHER-INGRAM-If-Its-All-The-Same-To-You-Babe-HIB-HEAR-/232736206415?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

G condition !

I spent a couple of hours last night trawling through US Ebay. Mostly two well-known sellers with what I call junk. Lucky if I came across a VG+ yet attracting bids as if M-. Same every time I look at their stuff. 

I don't get it at all. Non-UK buyers ? 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

22 minutes ago, martyn pitt said:

Thankfully when it comes to bidding on ebay I didn't know how to Steve 

Both sides of that Constellations was totally unplayable, still at least it would look the part on those big screens they have on the stage these days.

.....while it plays off CD.

Social source share

5 minutes ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

When you really think about it, what sort of seller puts a record like this up for auction? Personally, I would just throw it away rather than offer it for sale.

He`s a dealer, very honest with his sales and let`s face it, they`re not buying blind, it`s his livelihood so good luck to him.

Social source share

4 minutes ago, Steve Lane said:

He`s a dealer, very honest with his sales and let`s face it, they`re not buying blind, it`s his livelihood so good luck to him.

Sure, he’s a highly regarded dealer and often sells records on consignment for others. My point was that any dealer with high standards would not offer such rubbish to the public. So, it sold for over $300 but look at the negative publicity it is generating. The bidding also looks suspicious. There is no prestige in selling records like this - most reputable dealers would be embarrassed to be associated with this Constellations record in such condition.

Social source share

3 minutes ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

Sure, he’s a highly regarded dealer and often sells records on consignment for others. My point was that any dealer with high standards would not offer such rubbish to the public. So, it sold for over $300 but look at the negative publicity it is generating. The bidding also looks suspicious. There is no prestige in selling records like this - most reputable dealers would be embarrassed to be associated with this Constellations record in such condition.

So let`s just bin anything less than mint minus and then moan about the high prices that are being asked!:rofl:

Social source share

21 hours ago, bitchdj said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Northern-Soul-45-CONSTELLATIONS-I-Dont-Know-About-You-GEMINI-HEAR/352331352997?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I seriously cannot believe people would actually pay money for something in such bad condition...I know it went for silly money on JM's but really?...are people prepared to have the record in any condition...more or less unplayable in this instance...it started at $8...

I think the thread title should have been "Why would anyone pay over £200 for a record in this crap condition, in fact, even in mint condition because it`s not that rare and there`s a raft of them out there!"

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest Spain pete
38 minutes ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

No, just bin the totally unplayable, absolutely knackered records that are not fit to put in a picture frame. Mould them into ashtrays or nail them on the record shop wall.

To bloody right , but make sure they are recorded on what ever format , so the music lovers of the world can still listen to them 👍🎶🎶 you know it makes sense .✌

Social source share

2 hours ago, Steve Lane said:

So let`s just bin anything less than mint minus and then moan about the high prices that are being asked!:rofl:

John Anderson had a bin back in the day, it was full of scratched 45's he would not even think about listing, with many titles fifty times rarer than the Constellations 45 being talked about, with many in considerably better shape as well. He sold mint copies of that for £15 to every man and his dog when I was going up there, so I have no idear who thinks it's a grade A rarity. I was looking on discogs the other night and was shocked at just how many different titles there were of 45's that were once easy to find, but only have one seller listing it at a crazy price. Given the number of US sellers on there, maybe we should think again at how cynical we should get with regards to how much others are prepared to pay for records only fit for framing on the wall. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest woolie mark

It's not that rare this is it?  There's loads of copies about aren't there?  Why are people paying so much for such easy to find records?

Social source share

8 hours ago, woolie mark said:

It's not that rare this is it?  There's loads of copies about aren't there?  Why are people paying so much for such easy to find records?

No, yes, It`s a mystery!

Social source share

16 hours ago, still diggin said:

John Anderson had a bin back in the day, it was full of scratched 45's he would not even think about listing, with many titles fifty times rarer than the Constellations 45 being talked about, with many in considerably better shape as well. He sold mint copies of that for £15 to every man and his dog when I was going up there, so I have no idear who thinks it's a grade A rarity. I was looking on discogs the other night and was shocked at just how many different titles there were of 45's that were once easy to find, but only have one seller listing it at a crazy price. Given the number of US sellers on there, maybe we should think again at how cynical we should get with regards to how much others are prepared to pay for records only fit for framing on the wall. 

I will bet you anything if he came across the same scratched records worth a good few £100 or £1`000 nowadays he wouldn`t be binning them!:shhh:

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!