woolie mark

Sickening violence at Anfield last night

Posted (edited)

A 53 year old man is in hospital in Liverpool tonight in critical condition after being attacked by a large group of Roma fans using weapons.

A few years ago a group including Roma fans attacked drunk middle aged Spurs fans in a bar in Rome wearing motorcycle helmets and carrying iron bars, knives, and other weapons.

In Marseille during the Euro 2016 competition Russian supporters attacked outnumbered old men too pissed to defend themselves.

Are these all time low examples of cowardice, or am I just getting old and it's always been like this?

Liverpool police have arrested some Roma fans on suspicion of attempted murder.  The only consolation is that if any of the persons arrested still have their belts in their possession and they've got the victims DNA on the buckles they are going to go behind the door for a very long time.

Edited by woolie mark

Posted (edited)

Italian newspapers are reporting that Liverpool fans initiated the fighting by throwing bottles at the Roma fans.  I haven't seen any evidence to support this allegation.

Edited by woolie mark

Posted (edited)

I spoke with a mate last night who was in the Albert pub where the violence happened . 

He said it was an unprovoked attack by about 50 odd mostly young Roma fans that broke away from their main group in Anfield Road and used my old street Venmore , to access the Kop end . 

Very sad that this sort of thing still manages to hit the headlines and my thoughts are with the Irish Liverpool supporter who is in a critical condition . Hope he recovers .

Takes away from what was a truly memroble night.

They should give Mo Salah the “ballon dor” now ... what a player . 

Fingers crossed Roma don’t do a Barcelona job on us next week , but I don’t think they will stop us scoring away.

Champions League win number 6 !! 

E611C70D-EB24-41F6-8678-535A2298666C.jpeg

Edited by stevegods

Posted (edited)

I did my own little investigation into this on the basis of what evidence is available to the public.  There is consistency between video evidence and witness accounts.  In my opinion this could have been prevented.

First of all, if the Liverpool police had obtained thorough intelligence reports from the Italian police and the Italian counter-terrorist authorities they should have known that Roma have several "hooligan" firms, at least one of which is closely connected with organised international fascism/neo-naziism.  The identity of members of these groups will be well known to the Italian authorities, and they should have been "spotted" entering the UK and travelling to the ground.  It is normal practice to have police spotters who know the faces of the significant away fans at a match like this, and they should have been watching who was coming into local airports, train stations, etc.  It's also normal practice to have a helicopter up during high risk matches to immediately identify unusual crowd movements.

When the Spurs fans were attacked in Rome witnesses stated the Italians were shouting "Jews" during the incident.  During the match in Rome the next day, Lazio supporters were holding up banners which included the word "Juden", and I think it's pretty obvious why Italians would be using this German word.  Club officials from Lazio stated afterwards that the group that attacked the Spurs fans did not consist solely of Lazio supporters and included non-Italian nationals.  Roma supporters were in this group.  This is like Spurs and Arsenal joining up, it simply wouldn't happen unless there was something above their club support which linked them together. 

In Liverpool yesterday a group of 20 to 80 Italians managed to form up unnoticed in a side street.  Most of them were wearing black jackets....a bit of an obvious clue there as to who they might be!  They weren't traditional "ultras", they wore no colours and from videos it can be clearly seen that they are tightly organised and coordinated in their actions.  They then unexpectedly charged out of this side street and attacked anyone in their path right outside the ground.  Witnesses state about 20 of them beat the 53 year old person in hospital to the ground using weapons (mainly belt buckles).  Witnesses report that they attacked with weapons people trying to give this victim first aid.  They then ran away (like the cowardly little bitches that they are) after Liverpool supporters managed to get enough people together to drive them back.

Very poor performance by Liverpool police, to put it mildly.

I am unaware of anyone being charged with any serious offences to date.  If the police had firm identification of the persons arrested being involved in attacking the person in hospital you would expect that by now.  I hope the arrests made weren't another example of the police trying to save face, and the real perpetrators have been allowed to leave the UK.

Edited by woolie mark

9 hours ago, woolie mark said:

This is like Spurs and Arsenal joining up, it simply wouldn't happen unless there was something above their club support which linked them together. 

In Liverpool yesterday a group of 20 to 80 Italians managed to form up unnoticed in a side street.  Most of them were wearing back jackets....a bit of an obvious clue there as to who they might be!  They weren't traditional "ultras", they wore no colours and from videos it can be clearly seen that they are tightly organised and coordinated in their actions.

Paid mercenaries ?

Roma ultras, 100% cowards, as so many of these European ultras, Russian firms as in Marseille attacking England fans out drinking, but not a proper firm, and as a football fan, and once a member of a hooligan firm back in the 70s 80s as so many of us we’re, no way in this world would we ever dreamed of beating up innocent fans, we would look for the oppositions firm and get into a fight with them and vice versa, weapons didn’t exist, or were frowned upon, once somebody got knocked down that was that, and they were left alone, as I noticed on the video it takes 10 or so of them to beat up a 50 something year old, these so called ultras are an absolute disgrace, shame on them, and let’s hope and pray that this guy makes a full recovery, and soon.

11 minutes ago, pottsy said:

Paid mercenaries ?

No, just thugs who take their bullying seriously, they do what they intend to, then skulk back into the shadows, a bit like the basement dwelling "antifa".  I, for one, would love to see the so called "ultras" bitch slapping a bunch of "antifa" and getting the same back, it would be a truly comical spectacle, instead they do a smash and grab raid on middle aged football supporters.  Totally cowardly.

6 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

No, just thugs who take their bullying seriously, they do what they intend to, then skulk back into the shadows, a bit like the basement dwelling "antifa".  I, for one, would love to see the so called "ultras" bitch slapping a bunch of "antifa" and getting the same back, it would be a truly comical spectacle, instead they do a smash and grab raid on middle aged football supporters.  Totally cowardly.

I don't know anything about football violence, or football comes to that, but I'm finding Marks thread interesting.

Just wondering who finances "antifa" thugs ? There's usually someone behind these horrible groups with an agenda & poor innocent members of the public pay the price.

46 minutes ago, pottsy said:

I don't know anything about football violence, or football comes to that, but I'm finding Marks thread interesting.

Just wondering who finances "antifa" thugs ? There's usually someone behind these horrible groups with an agenda & poor innocent members of the public pay the price.

George Soros according to the media

Don't you think it's interesting to see and hear all these Scousers going on about the innocent fan getting beaten up when all they did was film it on there mobile phones and upload it to whatever social media platforms they use. Obviously got there priorities right. Then moan instead of getting stuck in to the shithouses causing it.  Just saying like

Ste 

1 minute ago, Winsford Soul said:

Don't you think it's interesting to see and hear all these Scousers going on about the innocent fan getting beaten up when all they did was film it on there mobile phones and upload it to whatever social media platforms they use. Obviously got there priorities right. Then moan instead of getting stuck in to the shithouses causing it.  Just saying like

Ste 

Times have changed Ste, years ago when cameras weren't everywhere they'd have had a go, but it's a huge risk now unless you happen to be wearing similar black hooded jackets to the rest of the shithouses, the world is supposedly a safer place, but punch someone who has some money behind them too hard and you could end up being prosecuted.  

13 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

Times have changed Ste, years ago when cameras weren't everywhere they'd have had a go, but it's a huge risk now unless you happen to be wearing similar black hooded jackets to the rest of the shithouses, the world is supposedly a safer place, but punch someone who has some money behind them too hard and you could end up being prosecuted.  

Like my brother who had been glassed by some prick . So our kid knocked fcuk out of him and got done for ABH.  Excessive force they said. Wankers

Ste

7 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Like my brother who had been glassed by some prick . So our kid knocked fcuk out of him and got done for ABH.  Excessive force they said. Wankers

Ste

Been there, done that, burned the tee shirt

2 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Ste 

Don’t you think these people were maybe not that way inclined ( ie getting stuck in)and filming it for evidence , and not all of us would just stand by you know . I don’t see anything ‘ interesting ‘ as you say , just saying like ..

57 minutes ago, Colnago said:

Don’t you think these people were maybe not that way inclined ( ie getting stuck in)and filming it for evidence , and not all of us would just stand by you know . I don’t see anything ‘ interesting ‘ as you say , just saying like ..

Filming it for evidence ? Yeah right. They must all be bobbies working undercover. The interesting thing as far as the phone users are concerned is to get it uploaded on line. They wasn't interested in the facts the some poor sod got the crap kicked out of him or to help him. Just film it and upload it. 

Ste

There is one video on YouTube just  in the last second a hand comes into view carrying a claw hammer.

thats not going to end well if it gets used....

Posted (edited)

How you can assume everyone filming was doing so just to upload on fb or whatever is a bit assuming , yeah some of them , but not everyone filming. Like somebody has already stated, you can’t get stuck in nowadays without being filmed , anyroad ,same thing would have happened anywhere regarding people filming , in any other situation. My thoughts are with the poor chap who was not looking for any trouble but to enjoy himself at a football match . 

Edited by Colnago

8 minutes ago, dylan said:

There is one video on YouTube just  in the last second a hand comes into view carrying a claw hammer.

thats not going to end well if it gets used....

Seen it on sky news Dylan.. Fortunately it didn't get used in the footage I saw. . The shithouse who had it runs back into the mob.

Ste

On 26/04/2018 at 11:29, TattooDave said:

Do you even know what "antifa" stands for? From what I understand what you say is just bullshit. Far from the truth. Sorry to be that harsh.

18 hours ago, Benji said:

Do you even know what "antifa" stands for? From what I understand what you say is just bullshit. Far from the truth. Sorry to be that harsh.

Yes, I know what it stands for, unlike a lot of it's members, they seem to think that all football fans are fascist or at least the lot that crossed my path did, I'm nearly old enough to be their grandfather and they were throwing rocks at me for following Peterborough United.  I think they are misguided on the whole, and being nurtured by the liberal leftists, but then again they could just be little shits.

Posted (edited)

This is an update on the welfare of the victim Sean Cox and the prosecution of his cowardly attackers, for anyone who’s interested.

Recent reports confirm Italian police spotters were present.  It seems appalling to me that only one person has been identified as one of the people who assaulted Mr Cox.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/sean-cox-update-liverpool-fan-13134145

Edited by woolie mark

On 25/08/2018 at 13:20, woolie mark said:

This is an update on the welfare of the victim Sean Cox and the prosecution of his cowardly attackers, for anyone who’s interested.

Recent reports confirm Italian police spotters were present.  It seems appalling to me that only one person has been identified as one of the people who assaulted Mr Cox.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/sean-cox-update-liverpool-fan-13134145

Really do hope I’m wrong, but it sounds like Sean is a long way from recovery, indeed a full recovery looks optimistic but here’s hoping for him . Get well soon red man . 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Colnago said:

Really do hope I’m wrong, but it sounds like Sean is a long way from recovery, indeed a full recovery looks optimistic but here’s hoping for him . Get well soon red man . 

I just think it’s so sad that this man came to England with his friends/family to enjoy a sporting event of a lifetime and he ended up in hospital fighting for his life.  

Wish the best for him.

Edited by woolie mark

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.