Four Seasons 'The Night' USA 45 release?

This has been listed in discographies going back to the Stak O Wax books. AFAIK it's never been proved to exist, in some other reference book (the Reg Bartlette Motown one maybe?) it was listed as assigned a number but never pressed.

Interesting how these old discographies got these listings for never released 45s. From company logs? Old trade mags? Of course there's always the chance one could surface, like the Jimmy Hart on Blue Rock. However, since Frankie was well known artist on which any record would have got attention, gotta be certain by now that there were none made.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

i always thought that the only 7" inch copy was issued in the UK. Mowest 3002 original, 3024 re-issue. 1972 and 1975 respectively.

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
18 hours ago, gogs said:

i always thought that the only 7" inch copy was issued in the UK. Mowest 3002 original, 3024 re-issue. 1972 and 1975 respectively.

that had been my view too - interestingly the copy shown in the Kev R NS Top 500 'bible' is the re-issue, 3024, ranked at number 181, 'a darkly compelling...oddity'

if the chart was re-done nowadays it would be a lot higher up probably

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!