RIP Dave Forrest - Peterborough

At 5:15 today Dave passed away peacefully in his sleep at home with Carol his wife at his side - my thoughts and prayers are with the family.

I am sure there will be many more posts to follow but I thought I would throw my bit in:

I first met Dave around 1980 / 81 he use to hang around with a guy from Peterborough called Soulie - they were like Soul twins wherever one was, the other one was close behind. - Dave use to help out in the early days set up the decks / speakers at the Wirrina all nighters by Peterborough Soul Club 1981, he was also involved in helping out at the East of England Sixties all nighters in the 80ts and the Dedicated Soul Club and Scooter club allnighters being a regular dj during the 80t's at The Fleet and Wirrina.

Dave was also one of the co founding promoters who started the Soul Hole at the Post Office Club, and a regular DJ at the various Soul events in and around the Peterborough area.

Dave was a major influence on the Peterborough Soul scene from the 1980ts through to the present day will he be missed YES - but certainly not forgotten.

Dave on stage at The Fleet 2012 - Pint glass in hand

PS - Dave's wife Carol, gave me permission to notify all.

Fleet may 2012 013 DF.jpg

OLD STUFF DUMP DEC 2010 705 fleet df.jpg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Yes very sad news I also had known dave since they early 80  I met him on a train going from Grantham to Notts he was going to robs records were I worked back then and I was returning from Dave Raistrick.s with a demo copy of Alfie Davidson  

Dave said excuse me mate you selling that at all I'll give you £ 80  for it lowe struck up a conversation and remained friends since  r.i.p mate condolences to your family

Social source share

I would imagine that I've crossed paths with Dave Forrest in the past, though having left the Peterborough area in the late 70's and only been to the Fleet and a couple of other venues since the turn of the millennium I doubt if I could say I know him, however, it's a sad loss losing anyone from an area that I still hold dear.  RIP Dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!