Essington, Broadlane Wolverhampton

Guest Phil Richards

Guest Phil Richards

Having decided to go to Swancote,Had a last minute call from Max who wanted me to do a DJ spot at Essington, So we went off to Essington for the night and we were not dissappointed, although numbers where slightly down due to the fact that there was four other events on the night there was still a good turn out, turned up to find John Weston, Hitsville Chalky, Craig Westwood who are members of Soulsource already there, Must say Chalky played a very nice spot and got the crowd on their feet dancing, Essington is a lovely venue with a 350 capacity with wall to wall dance floor so you can always find somewhere to shuffle your feet.

With across the board music policy there was something for everyone, It was nice to see John Pugh there who we had not seen for a while and hopefully John will be DJing at Studio 1 in the New Year all being well, he is actually one of those DJ's that I would travel to hear, after having a really good night Mr Westwood decided that we were all going for a curry that was- Craig, Dawn, Chalky, Sue, myself and my Sue, Well what can I say........Chalky had the hotest meal on the menu of which my Sue was brave enough to try after chocking for 5 minutes she recovered to ask Chalky what the hell he was eating, but with a cast iron stomach Chalky proceeded to eat the lot of which we did'nt think he would, he even ate Craigs chillies off his plate, If you ever bump in to Chalky The day after he has eaten one of these currys dont stand to close :D Thanks to Craig, Dawn, Chalky and Sue for their company it rounded the night off really well, Look out for something special that's happening to Essington next year but I will leave that for Chalky to announce.

Thanks to Craig for the drinks, and to Max for inviting me and Sue over we really enjoyed ourselves. :thumbsup:

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Having decided to go to Swancote,Had a last minute call from Max who wanted me to do a DJ spot at Essington, So we went off to Essington for the night and we were not dissappointed, although numbers where slightly down due to the fact that there was four other events on the night there was still a good turn out, turned up to find John Weston, Hitsville Chalky, Craig Westwood who are members of Soulsource already there, Must say Chalky played a very nice spot and got the crowd on their feet dancing, Essington is a lovely venue with a 350 capacity with wall to wall dance floor so you can always find somewhere to shuffle your feet.

With across the board music policy there was something for everyone, It was nice to see John Pugh there who we had not seen for a while and hopefully John will be DJing at Studio 1 in the New Year all being well, he is actually one of those DJ's that I would travel to hear, after having a really good night Mr Westwood decided that we were all going for a curry that was- Craig, Dawn, Chalky, Sue, myself and my Sue, Well what can I say........Chalky had the hotest meal on the menu of which my Sue was brave enough to try after chocking for 5 minutes she recovered to ask Chalky what the hell he was eating, but with a cast iron stomach Chalky proceeded to eat the lot of which we did'nt think he would, he even ate Craigs chillies off his plate, If you ever bump in to Chalky The day after he has eaten one of these currys dont stand to close :D Thanks to Craig, Dawn, Chalky and Sue for their company it rounded the night off really well, Look out for something special that's happening to Essington next year but I will leave that for Chalky to announce.

Thanks to Craig for the drinks, and to Max for inviting me and Sue over we really enjoyed ourselves. :lol:

Yes phil have to agree with you. Essinghton for me top venue with the best dance floor in the west mids. cracking night last night with across the board soul music from all djs. glad you enjoyed my set... just waiting for my call up for the stables :yes: .

yes i do love hot curries hotter the better.... but you will never guess how many times ive been to the bog today.

although when i get to 45 at least i wont look older :lol: so get the hot curries down you craig :lol:

we will all have to do it all again soon :yes:

Yes phil have to agree with you. Essinghton for me top venue with the best dance floor in the west mids. cracking night last night with across the board soul music from all djs. glad you enjoyed my set... just waiting for my call up for the stables :yes: .

yes i do love hot curries hotter the better.... but you will never guess how many times ive been to the bog today.

although when i get to 45 at least i wont look older :lol: so get the hot curries down you craig :lol:

we will all have to do it all again soon :lol:

Guest Phil Richards

Yes phil have to agree with you. Essinghton for me top venue with the best dance floor in the west mids. cracking night last night with across the board soul music from all djs. glad you enjoyed my set... just waiting for my call up for the stables :lol: .

although when i get to 45 at least i wont look older :D so get the hot curries down you craig :)

we will all have to do it all again soon :huh:

Chalky, if Craig eats as many hot curry's as you do his hair will turn white :D then he will have grey lowlights, with blonde highlights and white sideburns :(:lol:

Sue

after having a really good night Mr Westwood decided that we were all going for a curry that was- Craig, Dawn, Chalky, Sue, myself and my Sue, Well what can I say........Chalky had the hotest meal on the menu of which my Sue was brave enough to try after chocking for 5 minutes she recovered to ask Chalky what the hell he was eating, but with a cast iron stomach Chalky proceeded to eat the lot of which we did'nt think he would, he even ate Craigs chillies off his plate, If you ever bump in to Chalky The day after he has eaten one of these currys dont stand to close :D

Well that was riveting, can you let me know what you have for tea tomorrow night?

Guest Phil Richards

yeah but nobody goes near you cos you stink of curry :D

And beer Pete :lol: wheres my records :thumbsup: Still in the garage i bet whistling.gif

Edited by Phil Richards