• The Sheppards
    • Ernest Mosley

This poll is closed to new votes

Time for a Bank Holiday weekend battle

On the beaches are...

The Sheppards - Stubborn Heart

lining up against

Ernest Mosley - Stubborn Heart

thanks to Roger aka @45cellar for the suggestion - any future suggestions please pm me them 

All you need to do is just select which version you prefer and as said before...

as always talk/comments/discussion on any aspect of this and other polls most welcome via the comments

the more that talk about the poll, the more that see the poll, the more that see the poll the more that vote on the poll  the more that vote on the poll the more that talk....

Social source share

Guest Spain pete

Neck and neck, sit on the fence , suppose l could do , but that would be disrespectful to a brilliant tune , the sheppards for me just , girlie background vocals on Ernest's not to my taste . 🎶🎶

Social source share

Two great versions.  Ernest, more urgent, whilst the Sheppards, more laid back.  Both oozing soul.  Happy to dance to either version but I'd have to catch my breath after the Ernest Mosley take.  I'll opt for the Sheppards simply because it's the first version I heard.

Social source share

27 minutes ago, tomangoes said:

Ernest puts in the work on the vocals and it's fantastic. The other version is second rate.

Ed

😱wouldn't go as far as second rate m8 👍 both class tunes imo .best baz

Social source share

Ernest Mosely  for me . The Female chorus  absolutely kills it .  Surprised the Sheppards goes for a few bob nowardays , used to be a throwaway disc , Tony Just in Manchesters underground market couldnt give em away for 40p  in the seventies , he had loads of them .

• Up vote 1
Social source share

End of the day that's what I love about NS - it's what you think or rather feel that counts....I simply can't tell you 1 track is better than another it's down to personal taste......loads of examples spring to mind and polling opinion doesn't change anything. Interesting though.

🤔

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

They are both great.  This is like comparing versions of "You need love" or "Look into my heart", they are all great.

Can we also have a "can't decide between them they are both great" button in future please?

Social source share

closing this tomorrow, so we are now talking  last chance to get your choice across

as always thanks to all who have took part so far, some interesting comments and takes

own take is Ernest for me, just that bit better

Social source share

My thanks as well to all who took part in this dilemma as both are fantastic records.

Purely on personal taste as obviously there's no right or wrong choice.

I absolutely love the Mirwood label and its output.

However torn and after much deliberation I finally chose Ernest Mosley.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Time to end this, no doubt in the members choice in with is battle

the winner with a  fairly large 66% share of the votes is....

now closed, next poll due up real soon

thanks to all those who took part 

thumbs up

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!