mike

this is america

I hear you. I suppose the question is has life got better or worse for Black people in the USA since then ? For some better, worse for a lot though when you look at early death, incarceration figures etc the music is just a mirror of the times I guess , but like a lot on this site I suppose musically  I’m more immersed in the past rather than the present but I’ve recently got into some new acts that are damn right joyful (tank & the bangers, Kota the friend, phony people) but theres a really broad range of black music out there since I recently started moving my mouse around 

18 hours ago, shufflin said:

any vinyl release of this?

Have had a cursory look, but looks like MP3 Download only. Would be nice on a 7" but I'm just a standard Nerd! 

For me, on a personal note, my music always has to be dark. The most inane love tune can always be darked up. My pal says 'not another wrist slasher Nick' or 'Jeez that's such a foot dragger it'll take you half an hour to get to the bar' 😁 For me the world is a dark and dangerous place. 

On 11/05/2018 at 12:50, solidsoul said:

It’s a shame if that’s America!

What am I supposed to getting from it?

The music isn’t any good and a lot of actors running about a warehouse being daft!

Yes, it is an awful shame.  The USA is a lot worse than the video implies.  It's a complete mess, and getting worse every day.  I'll be happy when my sister leaves, and I can be completely gone from there.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

• 1 posts
    • 403 reads
    • SoulfulSolutions
    • 28 Apr 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 496 reads
    • Windlesoul
    • 12 Oct 2017
    • 41 posts
    • 6102 reads
    • mike
    • 24 Aug 2017
    • 1 posts
    • 514 reads
    • Windlesoul
    • 15 Jan 2017
    • 2 posts
    • 296 reads
    • ThinkSmart
    • 25 Oct 2016
    • 1 posts
    • 610 reads
    • Dennisoul
    • 12 Aug 2016

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.