Gladys Knight and Lisa Stansfield .. + Proms in the Park

Ive just found out that the Empress of Soul herself , the legend that is Gladys Knight due to appear at this years Proms in the Park , Hyde Park ,London .. with a line up that includes Lisa Stansfield !! Oh my days.. !! Tickets £48 incl fees , and line up will also include  a Josh Groan (looks to be US Alfie Boe) Matt Goss , Joseph Calleja (Maltese Alfie Boe ?) with Radio 2 Michael Ball comparing. There are live video feeds from the Royal Albert Hall and around the UK for all the flag waving finale celebrations. Runs from about 5 - 10 pm .  Now my wife loves the last night of the proms , and a few years ago we went to this event and I admit with some trepidation on my part. Not really comfortable with a load of jingoistic throw back to the Empire days surrounded by Daily Mail readers. Well I admit to being really pleasantly suprised  ..it didn't;t have that vibe at all, more of  chilled out picnic for the over 40's .. a sort of Glastonbury for Radio 2 listeners and why not. That year included The Jacksons , (great show .. but very functional and milked MJ for all they could) and Los Lobos (loved them !) , Alfie Boe. Take your own picnic and tipple to avoid queues and London prices. This video clip sees Glady's keeping us guessing on her set .. but great tribute to UK Fans and I saw her in Leeds 2016 .. FANTASTIC . 

Cool Notes 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/erj5q9

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source