old north wales allnighter venue gone

Mike

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Yes I went to most of them, they were quite good and not a bad venue for an all-nighter. Soul Sam was on a couple of times in the 70's, Richard Searling and Keith Minshull in the 80's. I remember one night in the mid 80's when there was about 20 punters in and on one of the coldest nights of that winter no heating on inside, I only managed to last until about 2:30. I only live about 2 mins. walk from the pier and have been watching it slowly fall apart over the last 20 odd years. the beach looks a lot better now without it.

Social source share

Used 2 like the pomagne fuelled niters & the warm up @ the friendship  club , even got put up when the niter  was cancelled @ the last minute , be thanx 2 swirl , won’t mention the trouble with the red & clear caps 🤮

Edited by hornet
Social source share

Time Marches On... Saw KC and the Sunshine Band there in 1974 and went to just the one Allnighter in 1978. Not quite Cleethorpes Pier but neverthelesss a good venue for this part of the country. Big following of the music up there back in the day with plenty travelling from Holyhead, Llangefni and Bangor.

Edited by FRANKIE CROCKER
typo
Social source share

Nobody has said it so.

It's the end of the pier for this one. 

Sorry I know it was a really bad joke.  Went once but strangely don't remember the night at all so must have been good 

Edited by Greedy Mick
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!