timthemod

• Replies 89
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

That's an original but I'm suspicious of this seller, I think he's the bloke who sold that bootleg of Bobby Treetop using a new ID, presumably so he cam bid up his other records and vice versa like he did with Bobby Treetop. If he gets bids off 'pelokaad' or something like that, shop him

Social source share

can you get me a few at that price :thumbsup::lol:

Have i missed something Chalky or has the NS hype bandwagon gone into overdrive, always thought this has been a 20 quidder?

Simon :lol:

Social source share

Your more likely to see this for 50 quid plus these days, haven't seen it for 20/25 for some time. I've definately seen it at 50, 60 and 80 in recent times :lol:

Crikey Chalky... 50, 60 and 80.....that's just mental!

Where do you do your shopping, Harrods?

Must admit though, Record prices never cease to amaze me.

It's one thing to put a price like that on the cover in a Sales Box but would anyone actually 'buy' this 45 at that price?

Just Gobsmackin'

Good old tune though.... but not for me at that kinda' money mate.

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

Well frankly that's absolutely ridiculous mate.
Crikey Chalky... 50, 60 and 80.....that's just mental!

Where do you do your shopping, Harrods?

Must admit though, Record prices never cease to amaze me.

It's one thing to put a price like that on the cover in a Sales Box but would anyone actually 'buy' this 45 at that price?

Just Gobsmackin'

Good old tune though.... but not for me at that kinda' money mate.

:thumbsup:

Sean

I was just window shopping Sean :lol:

Can't disagree with your comment Pete but thats what I've seen it at and sold! JM guide has it at £75 issue and £100 demo.

Like I said if you can get me one for £20 i'll take it :lol:

Social source share

Well frankly that's absolutely ridiculous mate.

As i said Pete, the NS hype bandwagon!

Saw a £1 Connie Francis record on someones list on here yesterday for £25!!!

Simon :lol::thumbsup:

Social source share

As i said Pete, the NS hype bandwagon!

Saw a £1 Connie Francis record on someones list on here yesterday for £25!!!

Simon :lol::thumbsup:

where's the northern soul hype bandwagon over this record? I've seen little demand and no hype over it :lol: It's steadily creapt up in price with from what I've seen no hype. Class northern soul :lol:

Edited by chalky
Social source share

where's the northern soul hype bandwagon over this record? I've seen little demand and no hype over it :lol: It's steadily creapt up in price with from what I've seen no hype. Class northern soul :thumbsup:

Hi Chalky,

I wouldn't call £20 to £80 steadilly creeping up, i'm sure this was £20 very recently, i agree with you though class Northern Soul!

Simon

Social source share

Hi Chalky,

I wouldn't call £20 to £80 steadilly creeping up, i'm sure this was £20 very recently, i agree with you though class Northern Soul!

Simon

It hasn't gone 20 to 80 in one fell swoop. Seen at various prices in between, 30 then 40 and in recent times 50, 60 and 80.

Social source share

Hi Chalky,

Simon

Last time I had it - which was definitely this summer - it was on the list at £25.

Next time it'll be £30, cos that's all it's worth, records like this cannot possibly be worth any more than that because if they were, it makes the white demo worth over £100 and that's just rubbish. Who is hyping up these prices? And why?

Social source share

It hasn't gone 20 to 80 in one fell swoop. Seen at various prices in between, 30 then 40 and in recent times 50, 60 and 80.
think i paid £40 for mine when it was getting plays, have been playing the flipside

worth a listen, as chalky as said have seen it at £50+ on a few occasions

russ

Social source share

Who is hyping up these prices? And why?

Simple, people who want to make top dollar out of people & there's peeps out there silly enough & clueless enough to pay the prices.

Simon

Social source share

Who is hyping up these prices? And why?
Simple, people who want to make top dollar out of people & there's peeps out there silly enough & clueless enough to pay the prices.

Simon

Maybe hype means something different to us but I've seen no hype over this record, apart from hearing it played that is. Don't know of any real demand or talk of the record. Only thing I've noticed is the price rise in recent times. I've seen it sold at £40 and £50 in the summer Pete.....your obviously too cheap :D

Simon how many copies of this record have you seen for £20 in say the last year, I'd guess at not many.

Social source share

Last time I had it - which was definitely this summer - it was on the list at £25.

Next time it'll be £30, cos that's all it's worth, records like this cannot possibly be worth any more than that because if they were, it makes the white demo worth over £100 and that's just rubbish. Who is hyping up these prices? And why?

Sold 2 on eBay in the last year, all issues...£40 & £52. Saw a white demo go for £90 about 2 months ago. Price has been rising: https://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php...date&thumbs=

Adam.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

There goes an honest record dealer,i recently found my old Herb Johnson "carfare back"which i'd thought i'd sold lawson years ago,asked for info on price on here,told £400.iI bought off mr raistrick in 77 with 6 other arctic things for £4,i knew of loads of other copies floating around at the time £1 - £6 at wigan,its not rare or popular so why the price tag :D
Social source share

There goes an honest record dealer,i recently found my old Herb Johnson "carfare back"which i'd thought i'd sold lawson years ago,asked for info on price on here,told £400.iI bought off mr raistrick in 77 with 6 other arctic things for £4,i knew of loads of other copies floating around at the time £1 - £6 at wigan,its not rare or popular so why the price tag :D

so if a dealer sells for more than £30 then he or she is dishonest then :lol:

Social source share

Simon how many copies of this record have you seen for £20 in say the last year, I'd guess at not many.

Can't really recall to be honest but just assumed it was still £20, always has been in recent years from what i can remember.

Makes no odds to me if people are paying £80 unless i wanted to sell my copy & make a nice profit which i don't, as long as they're happy with the record at that price then that's fine.

Simon

Social source share

Seems like being greedy and ripping people off to me.

It's not worth £50.

Just checked my database on this title, sold 15 stock copies no less than £50 last 4 @ £75.

sold 3 white promo's @ £100 last copy was Carl Willinghams added to the site 20/12/05 sold 18/01/06.. when the mailshot was sent

the market dictates the price on all things collectable ...as Maggie Thatcher said you can't buck the market.

i'm totally out of stock of it.. if anyone can supply mint minus copies @ £50 i'll take 'em..

Social source share

Just checked my database on this title, sold 15 stock copies no less than £50 last 4 @ £75.

sold 3 white promo's @ £100 last copy was Carl Willinghams added to the site 20/12/05 sold 18/01/06.. when the mailshot was sent

the market dictates the price on all things collectable ...as Maggie Thatcher said you can't buck the market.

i'm totally out of stock of it.. if anyone can supply mint minus copies @ £50 i'll take 'em..

When did this go from being £25 to £50, overnight? And bear in mind it's not just me asking the question, nobody else apart from Adam seems to think it's worth that price.

Social source share

When did this go from being £25 to £50, overnight? And bear in mind it's not just me asking the question, nobody else apart from Adam seems to think it's worth that price.

Lots of people think it's worth that price because they are paying that price to buy it.

Adam.

Social source share

I think JM is right to a certain extent when quoting the old 'Witch', supply has a big influence on prices & it seems to me that there isn't that many around for sale anymore ?

It's the same with a lot of the popular titles, we seem to think they should be only xx price because there were a lot of copies around in the past but they are just not out there for sale anymore !.

Social source share

This sounded the business sat. night down Hitchin.

When you look at it in perspective, we're seeing some boots making more than fifty quid now.

Probberly rarer than the real thing,£20-25 issue should be bob on,anything else is just nonesense.

Social source share

Probberly rarer than the real thing,£20-25 issue should be bob on,anything else is just nonesense.

i'll happily stick to the world of nonsense Ken, like I said get me a copy for 25 and I'll buy it....or will you sell it to John for the £50 he says he will pay.

I know who's talking non sense on here :D regardless of what the record is supposedly worth.

Social source share

i'll happily stick to the world of nonsense Ken, like I said get me a copy for 25 and I'll buy it....or will you sell it to John for the £50 he says he will pay.

I know who's talking non sense on here :D regardless of what the record is supposedly worth.

Who :lol:

Social source share

The early 70's Boot / Pressing is Black on White.

This is Genes last Constellation 45 and the copy on ebay (172) is an original, however most copies of this bear the Constellation "Star" design.... such as the one below.

Just about a bargain I'd have said.

Sean

Now I allways thorght this was a boot

post-664-1165263503_thumb.jpg

Social source share

i'll leave that to your imagination :lol:

I've got to agree with Chalky on this. Some of the people who post on this site really need to get out more, and stop living in the 80's. You just can't pick up quality mint 45's at cheap prices anymore. Certain titles are always popular, and supply and demand will always determine the going rate for anything. I'm sick of people posting ridiculous statements that records aren't worth what they are fetching. Like Chalky says, unless you can actually supply a record at your estimated price, then you are talking crap. If Gene Chandler - Mr Big Shot can be purchased at £20 then I'll have your copy and, you will easily pick up another one won't you?

The same thing happened a while ago on here concerning John Wesley - Love Is Such A Funny Thing - Melic. People were quoting totally unrealistic prices. In fact one wag said he would sell his copy for around £650. My mate PM'd him and said he'd have it off him, never heard from him again. :D Strange that. :)

In defense of Pete Smith, he does have some records at reasonable prices, but they have normally gone before you ring up. It's the same in the sales section on here. Occasionally there are bargains to be had, but by heck you've got to be quick.

So, anyone who wants to sell Gene Chandler for £20 and John Wesley for £650 I have cash waiting.

Phil.

Social source share

I've got to agree with Chalky on this. Some of the people who post on this site really need to get out more, and stop living in the 80's. You just can't pick up quality mint 45's at cheap prices anymore. Certain titles are always popular, and supply and demand will always determine the going rate for anything. I'm sick of people posting ridiculous statements that records aren't worth what they are fetching. Like Chalky says, unless you can actually supply a record at your estimated price, then you are talking crap. If Gene Chandler - Mr Big Shot can be purchased at £20 then I'll have your copy and, you will easily pick up another one won't you?

The same thing happened a while ago on here concerning John Wesley - Love Is Such A Funny Thing - Melic. People were quoting totally unrealistic prices. In fact one wag said he would sell his copy for around £650. My mate PM'd him and said he'd have it off him, never heard from him again. :D Strange that. :lol:

In defense of Pete Smith, he does have some records at reasonable prices, but they have normally gone before you ring up. It's the same in the sales section on here. Occasionally there are bargains to be had, but by heck you've got to be quick.

So, anyone who wants to sell Gene Chandler for £20 and John Wesley for £650 I have cash waiting.

Phil.

I`ve just offered £25 for miffs boot,so why would anybody want to pay £20 for the real thing is beyond me :)

Edited by ken
Social source share

The same thing happened a while ago on here concerning John Wesley - Love Is Such A Funny Thing - Melic. People were quoting totally unrealistic prices. In fact one wag said he would sell his copy for around £650. My mate PM'd him and said he'd have it off him, never heard from him again. :D Strange that. :lol:

Phil.

That is so not true Phil. If you phone for a record off me you are more than likely to get it, it's when you email that you usually miss it. The person who got the Jimmy Conwell today was amazed that it was still here - that's because he rang and I hadn't been able to check any emails. Consequently there were 5 other people who missed it due to emailing. I can't be on the pc every second of the day.

Second point which you obviously I missed, I sold a Mr Big Shot for 20 or 25 when me and Mick Smith bought that collection in the summer. I haven't got one now but if I had, like I said, it would have been £25 but now due to the obviously massive demand for this record, it will be £30.

Social source share

Sorry mate no can do its rareer the the original, so its gotta be worthmore then the original :D Anyway mines engraved around the run out grove with the name and address of a well known DJ from the yorkshire area in the 70s or so ive been told,

PAUL ROWEN

SY??PS STREET

WAKEFIELD

Social source share

Sorry mate no can do its rareer the the original, so its gotta be worthmore then the original :D Anyway mines engraved around the run out grove with the name and address of a well known DJ from the yorkshire area in the 70s or so ive been told,

PAUL ROWEN

SY??PS STREET

WAKEFIELD

Would it make a difrence if i thought it was real :lol:

Social source share

Phil.

But Phil, we're not talking in the 8ts we're talking very recent times, maybe even a year ago things like 'Mr Big shot' were £20, it's a fact!

I don't even necessarily think it's supply & demand more people buying records without proper knowledge of what the record's worth or maybe not caring cause they've got money to burn.

Look at recent times 'Deep dark secret' a £10 record now going for £300 & literally tons of copies about, same goes for 'Because of you' & numerous other titles.

To me it's a false economy & some peeps are gonna be gutted when their records eventually go back down to the 'proper' prices & are left with hefty credit card bills that need paying.

All IMHO of course

Simon

Social source share

But Phil, we're not talking in the 8ts we're talking very recent times, maybe even a year ago things like 'Mr Big shot' were £20, it's a fact!

I don't even necessarily think it's supply & demand more people buying records without proper knowledge of what the record's worth or maybe not caring cause they've got money to burn.

Look at recent times 'Deep dark secret' a £10 record now going for £300 & literally tons of copies about, same goes for 'Because of you' & numerous other titles.

To me it's a false economy & some peeps are gonna be gutted when their records eventually go back down to the 'proper' prices & are left with hefty credit card bills that need paying.

All IMHO of course

Simon

Both Because of You and Deep Dark Secret fell back in price now haven't they, certainly seen Because of you for a more (yet still over priced) price and Deep Dark Secret for half what you quote.

I've seen some buy the Gene Chandler and they are neither clueless or lack the knowledge as you imply thumbsup.gif You should stop living in the fairy tale world of soul source.

Pete wasn't aware of the rise in price, so he sold his @ what he thought it was worth. The record has n't been £20 in the nonsense world of northern soul for some time. Christ even JM says sold last 15 (going back a year) at £50 and over, last 4 at £75....various others tell you what they've sold it for so the facts are it wasn't a £20 record even a year ago, what more do you need to convince you it is no longer a 20/25 record? or do you want to live happily ever after in a fairy tale world for ever and ever :thumbsup:

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!