Members Introductions - Welcome to Soul Source

2 hours ago, Boogaloodude said:

Hi , thanks for accepting me.

I started my soul travels at the Brazenose St , Twisted Wheel around 1964, then Whitworth St. but had many great time at the Plebs and Cellar 44 in Halifax and a few different soul venues including Burnley and Blackpool Meccas. anyone remember these spots from the 60s? 
Be good to hear.

Welcome to the site Mr Boooooogaloooooodude. 🙂

May the Soul Source be with you.

Peter

Social source share

13 hours ago, Boogaloodude said:

Hi , thanks for accepting me.

I started my soul travels at the Brazenose St , Twisted Wheel around 1964, then Whitworth St. but had many great time at the Plebs and Cellar 44 in Halifax and a few different soul venues including Burnley and Blackpool Meccas. anyone remember these spots from the 60s? 
Be good to hear.

My first all-nighter was at The Golden Disc in Keighley (aged 15 - my parents would have killed me if they'd known!) Also tried Blackpool Mecca, The Birdtrap, Lord Jim's, Plebs (Halifax) & String o' Beads (Bradford) but mostly it was The Wheel (Whitworth St) for me & then either The Blue Note or Top 20 on a Sunday morning - I was there pretty much every weekend without fail from 1966-1970. Fab times & I'd love to turn back the clock & do it all again!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Hi all! 
Thanks for having me as a part of Soul Souce.
I’m a soul fan, club-goer, DJ, and record collector 
I’m excited to get stompin’! 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Hi

I’m FDA and a big fan of music generally from Northern to Modern to Jazz Funk, Fusion, Latin,Funk, Broken Beats, Hip Hop and beyond, musically my taste is very broad!

I Look forward to discovering  more great music

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 22/03/2024 at 16:20, JLC said:

Thanks for having me as a part of Soul Souce.

5 hours ago, FDA said:

I Look forward to discovering  more great music

Welcome to you both, wishing you the best on your soul source journey, the breadth of knowledge across all genres of soul from not just the music but encompassing  past  events, venues and people etc is truly mind boggling at times, enjoy.

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

Wow, I’ve got so much to learn!!! 
My intro to NS reinvigorated my love of dance so I decided to open a venue in Ramsgate and go for it. 
The locals LOVE it! It’s surprising how many Northerners there are in the English Channel coastal towns. 
I’m keen to visit other venues as I’m able so will keep an eye on what’s coming up. 
My deepest thanks to all of you who have welcomed an Aussie into the fold. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Hi everyone, just signed up to Soul Source. I've been using the events guide for several years now to find soul nights in the North West of England. I've had lots of fantastic nights out at great venues. Long may it continue. ATB - Stuart

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Great to find a place for fellow soul travellers. I’m a musician and tv director based in Huddersfield and London. I play keys and sing in an 8 Piece 60’s Soul and Motown tribute band called The Soul Shebang covering songs from the likes of Al Green, Stevie Wonder, Tina Turner, Barbara Acklin, Erma Franklin, Frank Wilson etc.. check us out. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!