Source Team profile photo

Members Introductions - Welcome to Soul Source

Posted
On 30/11/2018 at 16:05, Spain pete said:

How's Leighton buzzard now a days Neal ? l use to love going to the unicorn club and buzzards hall many moons ago,  the towns got quite a bit of northern soul history l'm  sure there's many of Old odd folk on here that will share their memory's with you  welcome aboard

Hiya mate it’s not what it was that’s for sure the unicorn is gone and our night is the only one in town really? Plenty Soulies, mods and skins and I know a few people who went to the unicorn. This is why we were so hell bent in starting something. Here because of the history of this town for soul. Our next night is May 31st I’ve put up an event if you’re interested in commmg along.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Guest Spain pete profile photo
Posted

🎶

Thanks for the offer m8 but l'm stuck up a mountain in Spain , play one for me 🎶.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

That would explain the name 😂😂 any requests ?? 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Guest Spain pete profile photo
Posted
10 hours ago, SkinheadSoulBhoy said:

That would explain the name 😂😂 any requests ?? 

Forever in my heart   the temps , proper J/B spin 🎶🎶

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Hi all! 

I'm new to soul source but have lurked for years. The knowledge on here is unparalleled. Figured it was time to join.

I'm only 27 but I've been collecting soul records since I was 12. There is no better music in the world.

-Nicky

• Up vote 6

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
6 minutes ago, Nicky Stral said:

Hi all! 

I'm new to soul source but have lurked for years. The knowledge on here is unparalleled. Figured it was time to join.

I'm only 27 but I've been collecting soul records since I was 12. There is no better music in the world.

-Nicky

welcome aboard Soul Source Nicky

the link below may help you if you are not sure of anything

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/source-help/

or feel free to shout up here 👍

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/forum/41-site-stuff/

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 22/05/2018 at 11:15, source team said:

A new topic set up for new (or even longtime ) members to post up a Soul Source intro

Nothing major needed, just a quick heads up to all our members, letting them know that you are on here and ideally a brief bit about yourself.

It's a great way to break the ice!

Hello My name is Chris. I have loved Soul music all my life. Ex 80’s club DJ and still playing tunes  most weekends to people who want to dance. My partner is called Maz and we just love to dance and just want to meet up with like minded folk.👍👍😎

On 06/09/2018 at 11:06, mike said:

highlight kick of this topic

new members, here's a place to introduce yourself to all!

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 27/03/2019 at 11:40, Nicky Stral said:

Hi all! 

-Nicky

Welcome to soulsource nicky🚀 atb baz

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 05/06/2018 at 00:07, Debbie Massey MBE said:

Hi, my name is Debbie Massey

As a young Northern Soulie, my early years on the scene 74-81. Just a bit too young to have visited The Torch and Twisted Wheel (sadly) but lived the dream every weekend at amazing venues: Manchester Ritz, Blackpool Mecca, Wigan, Notts Palais, Birmingham Le-Carno, Matlock Pavilion and many more. Marvellous times.

Then adult work life Take-over followed by family Take-over.

Now beautiful teenage daughter moved on. It's back to the Northern way of life Take-over. And I'm hitting the scene and dance floor with mad crazy vengeance. Once again living the dream and loving every minute.

KTF

Hi Debbie! Your story sounds just like mine. Great to have another lady on board; there aren't enough of us contributing on here. My favourite areas are the events page, photos page, all about the soul forum and, in the Freebasing section, "Show us your great photos". The photos aren't necessarily soul related but we have some exceptionally talented photographers who post their amazing images on there.  🤗

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Hello! My name is Janet. I was a Motown staff songwriter in the 1980s. I’m currently researching a project inspired by the lesser-known stories of Motown. I would love to send a communication to Andy Rix.

And thank you for having such an informative, fascinating site!

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
8 hours ago, jvplanet said:

Hello! My name is Janet. I was a Motown staff songwriter in the 1980s. I’m currently researching a project inspired by the lesser-known stories of Motown. I would love to send a communication to Andy Rix.

And thank you for having such an informative, fascinating site!

Welcome to the site Janet .  I'll flag this up to Andy to make sure he sees it ... :hatsoff2:

@Andy Rix   

Share this forum post

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Memorable Song Introductions From Dj's
    All About the SOUL by Guest melodyvideo on Wed 10 Nov 2010
    • 47 / 3847
    • Ted Massey on 28 Nov 2010
  2. Source Introductions...
    Freebasing by Source Team on Mon 10 Jul 2017
    • 1 / 696
    • source team on 10 Jul 2017
  3. Members And Ex-members Crashing Site
    Events Archive by Mike on Thu 31 Aug 2006
    • 4 / 936
    • Guest on 31 Aug 2006
  4. Members Accounts Clean Up - Only Active Members
    Events Archive by Mike on Sun 17 Sep 2006
    • 1 / 753
    • mike on 17 Sep 2006
  5. Gallery - Members albums 2017 - Now Members albums Events
    Site Stuff by Mike on Thu 04 Jan 2018
    • 1 / 1018
    • mike on 04 Jan 2018
  6. Soul Sourcers Welcome
    Events Archive by Guest on Sun 24 Oct 2004
    • 1 / 642
    • on 24 Oct 2004

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.