Solar Radio's Sunday Soul Selection 10am - Midday

Guest soultempo

There is nothing there, or at least I can't get to it. :thumbsup:

Megaupload is lke a lot of free file sharing sites, a pain in the arse.

Click the link.

Enter the 3 digit code and click download.

Wait the 45 secs.

Click on the freedownload tab, when it says freedownload ,at the botom right where the seconds countdown.

Download should then start.

Its in rar format so you will need Winrar to extract it.

Cheers

Social source share

• Replies 823
  • Views 110.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Megaupload is lke a lot of free file sharing sites, a pain in the arse.

Click the link.

Enter the 3 digit code and click download.

Wait the 45 secs.

Click on the freedownload tab, when it says freedownload ,at the botom right where the seconds countdown.

Download should then start.

Its in rar format so you will need Winrar to extract it.

Cheers

Argh, I don't have winrar. :thumbsup: I'll just have to go for the russian brides that are advertised on the site instead I guess. :thumbsup:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest soultempo

Nordic Soul ...

Zane kindly records & offers the show for downloads ... :thumbsup:

Agree ... all these file sharing sites can be(come) temperamental, at times ... :thumbsup:

If you are struggling with Megaupload please PM Zane and he's usually able to offer an alternative ...

Definitely worth a try ... best, Shaun.

Social source share

Nordic Soul ...

Zane kindly records & offers the show for downloads ... :thumbsup:

Agree ... all these file sharing sites can be(come) temperamental, at times ... :yes:

If you are struggling with Megaupload please PM Zane and he's usually able to offer an alternative ...

Definitely worth a try ... best, Shaun.

I got it to work now, and it sounds very nice so far, will have to listen to the rest tomorrow. :thumbsup: I am just not very up to date with all new technical formats and systems they keep putting on the market every two weeks or so... :wicked:

Social source share

I got it to work now, and it sounds very nice so far, will have to listen to the rest tomorrow. :lol: I am just not very up to date with all new technical formats and systems they keep putting on the market every two weeks or so... :unsure:

Glad you got it to work mate - for what it's worth, winrar is freeware on their website, it's just a way of zipping files together as the file servers only allow you to upload one file at a time

All the best,

Zane

Social source share

Glad you got it to work mate - for what it's worth, winrar is freeware on their website, it's just a way of zipping files together as the file servers only allow you to upload one file at a time

All the best,

Zane

Cheers for the info. Great show, listened to it today.

Social source share

hi,shaun, eddie,

just listened to your show ,from sunday, as i missed it sunday ,as had to go out, gotta say one of the best i have heard, in all time , top marks to both of you, keep up the good work ,all the best to both of you, youres m r j.p. ps could you give a mention to my wonderfull wife vicky,on one of your future shows , tell her,all my love ,rom john.

Social source share

Guest soultempo

Thanks for your post John ... :D

If you're able to tune in, or listen back this Sunday ... then consider it done ... !

very best wishes, Shaun.

Social source share

Eddie's second appearance on the Sunday Soul Selection was as enjoyable as his debut ... always a pleasure to be in Eddie's company ... truely one of the gents on the scene ...

357295.gif357295.gif357295.gif

24th June 2007: Eddie Hubbard's Sunday Soul Selection

Dee Dee Warwick - We've Got Everything Going For Us (45)

Lee Jones & The Sounds Of Soul - This Heart Is Haunted (45)

Jimmy Ruffin - I've Got You Girl (LP track)

Arthur Alexander - Show Me The Road (45)

If you need any information regarding any particular track please do not hesitate to ask ... best, Shaun.

Another great show Shaun! some superb picks from Eddie, we really enjoyed it mate :ohmy:

Dee Dee, Masqueraders, and that blinder by Arthur Alexander (right up my street!) stood out for me, also wondered bout the Jimmy Ruffin, is it LP only? really nice track that!

Thanx for keeping our Sunday mornings Soulful! Can't recommend Shaun's show enough, :lol:

Steve

Social source share

hi,shaun, eddie,

just listened to your show ,from sunday, as i missed it sunday ,as had to go out, gotta say one of the best i have heard, in all time , top marks to both of you, keep up the good work ,all the best to both of you, youres m r j.p. ps could you give a mention to my wonderfull wife vicky,on one of your future shows , tell her,all my love ,rom john.

That's really nice of you to say , glad you enjoyed it!! Best Wishes ,Eddie

Social source share

Another great show Shaun! some superb picks from Eddie, we really enjoyed it mate :ohmy:

Dee Dee, Masqueraders, and that blinder by Arthur Alexander (right up my street!) stood out for me, also wondered bout the Jimmy Ruffin, is it LP only? really nice track that!

Thanx for keeping our Sunday mornings Soulful! Can't recommend Shaun's show enough, :lol:

Steve

Hello Steve , the Jimmy Ruffin is on the really cheap MFP album " I've passed this way before " [ check those boot sales !! ] Full of unissued and interesting Jimmy Ruffin tracks " Kickin' stones " is another killer track .Really pleased you enjoyed the show ,Best ,Eddie

Social source share

Guest soultempo

cheers Steve ...

Hope Tina & yourself are both OK ... !

love that Four Tops track btw ... :sweatingbullets:

Quick Update:

Paul Thrower representing the popular 'Chi-Soul' alldayer returns to the Solar Lounge in July ... only weeks away ... !

best, Shaun.

Social source share

Hello Steve , the Jimmy Ruffin is on the really cheap MFP album " I've passed this way before " [ check those boot sales !! ] Full of unissued and interesting Jimmy Ruffin tracks " Kickin' stones " is another killer track .Really pleased you enjoyed the show ,Best ,Eddie

Cheers for the info Eddie, remember them MFP jobbies! 99p and our first taste of some unissued Motown way back then! somebody had their finger on a pulse in them days, wonder who done the selections?

...And again Eddie.... great selections mate :thumbsup:

Steve

Social source share

cheers Steve ...

Hope Tina & yourself are both OK ... !

love that Four Tops track btw ... :thumbsup:

Quick Update:

Paul Thrower representing the popular 'Chi-Soul' alldayer returns to the Solar Lounge in July ... only weeks away ... !

best, Shaun.

Tina sends her love Shaun. glad ya got another by the Tops (and there's more!) :yes:

We looking forward to Mr Thrower, and yasel this week! Tina still waiting for that Sam Dees track! Ya gotta play it for the lass Shaun! :lol:

steve

Social source share

Cheers for the info Eddie, remember them MFP jobbies! 99p and our first taste of some unissued Motown way back then! somebody had their finger on a pulse in them days, wonder who done the selections?

...And again Eddie.... great selections mate :rolleyes:

Steve

Yes they were great albums , I've got most of them , all have some really interesting selections with maybe one or two hits to attract the masses .Thanks again for the positive comments Steve , hope to do it again sometime ,Best ,Eddie

Social source share

hi shaun,thanks for reply,just been reminded,that it is our wedding anerversary, on july 5, no less than 32 years,if you could just mention it ,on sundays show,as vicky and i both listen most of the time.both been into soul since early teenagers, started of, going to the torch ,stoke, vicky only 16 at time, those were the days,nowadays into the more mellow stuff, like you are playing , keep it going, still do the odd allnighter now and again, like willton and lifeline.also dont know if you can help ,been trying to get in touch with essential modern soul forum, tried to register one night in last week , got e mail back to say that i am registered and can log on , but when try it will not let me in , tried to find e mail address but can not find one, any way to contact them ,all the best john ,ps on tuesday we fly to sicily for 1 week for sun ,sand ,and any soul we can find.

Social source share

hi zane, thanks for message mail , dont know how to do ,that, but thanks , will try what you said all best mr j.p. ps not to clued up with these computer things, cheers john .

Social source share

Guest soultempo

Hiya John ... just writing it down now ... have a terrific mid-tempo madness gem lined up for you both today ... :D

I run my playlists on www.essentialmodernsoul.co.nr as well, as you know ... you can now view the 'media section' where they are contained without havin' to join ... just click on the link here. If you want to add feedback you have to join the forum, same as soul source. It looks as if you have done everything correct. Not sure what the problem is? I would just start again.

If you are struggling with Megaupload Zane may be able to offer an alternative ... ???

Failing that ... a small payment to subscribe ... and then these often temperamental download (file sharing) sites do work ... :thumbsup:

best, Shaun.

(PS: Steve & Tina ... having a frantic search now ... haha ... fingers crossed i'll find it ... best, Shaun)

Edited by soultempo
Social source share

Afternoon soul folks

Cracking show - again!

Steptones - brilliant

Jesse James doing a Sam Dees song - can't go wrong!

Ashford & Simpson - wonderful

Finishing Touch - one of my all time favourites

I could go on, but I won't!

Here's a download link on Megaupload

https://SRSSS01Jul07fullshow.notlong.com

I'll post the split show link later

All the best,

Zane

PS - Mr JP, glad you got sorted. If you are having trrouble with the download links, PM me and I'll try to help. Best wishes for your wedding anniversary - 32 is impressive! It was ours yesterday, 20 behind you!

Edited by Zane10
Social source share

Guest mrjp

hi shaun ,great show again,thanks for request, top tune ,all best mr j.p. ps vicky says ,its quite strange, is it not, but shaun also finds these records , for 50 pence atime like you do jp ?.

Social source share

Guest mrjp

hi zane , thanks , you got me sorted yesterday i am now registered on ems ,thank you very much , could not answer your message mail as did not know how to ,all best mr j.p.

Social source share

Guest soultempo

Apologies if the website's connection proved a little temperamental today ...

Thanks, as always Zane for the show's download link ...

Hopefully giving those people affected a second chance to listen ... :D

Playlist: 01/07/2007

Cottonmouth - Treat You Kindly (RCA) 45

Bits & Pieces - Did I Scare You (Nasco) 45

Tyrone Davis - Satisfy You Before I Satisfy Me (Prelude) LP track

Steptones - Don't You Want To Fall In Love (IX Chains) 45

Howard Melvin & The Blue Notes - Let's Talk It Over (ABC) LP track ... timeless mid-tempo ... !

Intrigues - In A Moment (Yew) 45

De-lite-ful - Forget That Girl (Vigor) 45

Intrigues - I'm Gonna Love You (Yew) 45

Finishing Touch - Sunshine & Promises (Philly Groove) 45

Ralph Graham - Let Me Love You (Sussex) 45 ... lovely mid-tempo ... !

Ron Preyer - If You Don't Want My Love (Shock) 45

Greg Perry - Come On Down (Casablanca) 45 ... *Wakefield City Soul Club's* tune ... !

Howard Melvin & The Blue Notes - Where's The Concern For The People (ABC) ... today's beer'd up monster!

Ronnie McNeir - Wendy Is Gone (Setting Sun) 45

Leon Thomas - Love Each Other (Sunday Soul Selection CD)

Joe McKeever - Dance With Me (AMS) 45

McFadden & Whitehead - I Heard It In A Love Song (TSOP) 45

Willie Hutch - Brother's Gonna Work It Out (Motown) 45

Philadelphia Story - If You Lived Here, You'd Be Home Now (Wand) 45 ... timeless ballad ... !

Jesse James - I Need You Baby (Zea) 45

Jesse James - More Than A Friend Of Mine (Gunsmoke) LP track

September - I'll Go Crazy (Brunswick) 45

McFadden & Whitehead - Always Room For One More (TSOP) 45

Ashford & Simpson - Get Out Your Handkerchief (WB) 45

Martha Reeves - No-One There (Gordy) LP track

Henry Turner's Crystal Band - Giving My Love To You (Lotus Land) 45 ... 45 of the year for me, so far ... !

Dottie Pearson - Bring It over Baby (Grapevine) 45

If you need any more information regarding any particular item please do not hesitate to ask ...

best, Shaun.

Social source share

Apologies if the website's connection proved a little temperamental today ...

Thanks, as always Zane for the show's download link ...

Hopefully giving those people affected a second chance to listen ... :D

Playlist: 01/07/2007

Cottonmouth - Treat You Kindly (RCA) 45

Bits & Pieces - Did I Scare You (Nasco) 45

Tyrone Davis - Satisfy You Before I Satisfy Me (Prelude) LP track

Steptones - Don't You Want To Fall In Love (IX Chains) 45

Howard Melvin & The Blue Notes - Let's Talk It Over (ABC) LP track ... timeless mid-tempo ... !

Intrigues - In A Moment (Yew) 45

De-lite-ful - Forget That Girl (Vigor) 45

Intrigues - I'm Gonna Love You (Yew) 45

Finishing Touch - Sunshine & Promises (Philly Groove) 45

Ralph Graham - Let Me Love You (Sussex) 45 ... lovely mid-tempo ... !

Ron Preyer - If You Don't Want My Love (Shock) 45

Greg Perry - Come On Down (Casablanca) 45 ... *Wakefield City Soul Club's* tune ... !

Howard Melvin & The Blue Notes - Where's The Concern For The People (ABC) ... today's beer'd up monster!

Ronnie McNeir - Wendy Is Gone (Setting Sun) 45

Leon Thomas - Love Each Other (Sunday Soul Selection CD)

Joe McKeever - Dance With Me (AMS) 45

McFadden & Whitehead - I Heard It In A Love Song (TSOP) 45

Willie Hutch - Brother's Gonna Work It Out (Motown) 45

Philadelphia Story - If You Lived Here, You'd Be Home Now (Wand) 45 ... timeless ballad ... !

Jesse James - I Need You Baby (Zea) 45

Jesse James - More Than A Friend Of Mine (Gunsmoke) LP track

September - I'll Go Crazy (Brunswick) 45

McFadden & Whitehead - Always Room For One More (TSOP) 45

Martha Reeves - No-One There (Gordy) LP track

Henry Turner's Crystal Band - Giving My Love To You (Lotus Land) 45 ... 45 of the year for me, so far ... !

Dottie Pearson - Bring It over Baby (Grapevine) 45

If you need any more information regarding any particular item please do not hesitate to ask ...

best, Shaun.

Classy show again Shaun! some real belters in the playlist, and a few I'm ratching around for right now :thumbsup:

Big thanx from Tina 'n me for the dedi Shaun, apprieciated mate, and what a tune too!

Catch ya soon

steve

Social source share

Guest soultempo

Radio Show Update:

08th July 2007: Shaun Robbins

15th July 2007: Bob 'the Crate' Smith

22nd July 2007: Paul Thrower ... my very special guest (returns to the Solar Lounge)

394131.jpg

Paul Thower / Andy Lett / Sean O'Connor / Kevin Oxberry ... @ Morecambe (NW Festival) ... !

If you have attended one of the many recent popular Soul Weekenders, at home or abroad, the chances are you will have bumped into Paul ... one of the friendliest personalities on the scene today, with a collection t' boot ... !

Famed for arriving early doors, for breakfast, at one particular famous venue with fresh pint in hand, ready to wash down the full english brekkie ... which was met with an applause of approval ... :P

Social source share

Guest soultempo

Playlist: 8th July 2007

Luckey Davis - It's Not Where You Start It's Where You Finish (Highland) 45

Syl Johnson feat. Brenda Johnson - All I Need Is Someone Like You (Grapevine) 45

Willie Johnson - It's Me (Savannah International) 45 ... lovely mid-tempo ... !

JR Bailey - Heaven On Earth (Toy) 45

Leon Bryant - Love Only You (Unidisc) CD

William DeVaughn - Give The Little Man A Great Big Hand (Roxbury) 45

Bobby Sheen - Love Stealing (Chelsea) 45

Electrified Action - Love Foundation (Delite) 45 ... nice mid-tempo ... !

Willie Hutch - Sunshine Lady (Motown) 45

Leon Bryant - Never (Unidisc) CD ... nice Modern dancer ... !

Bloodstone - Just Wanna Get The Feel Of It (Motown) 12"

Marshall Downing - Almost Had A Good Thing (GCS) 45

I.N.D. - I Just Got To Have You (Erect) LP track

Bill Brandon - Baby, Love Is A Two Way Street (Unidisc) CD

Gloria Scott - What Am I Gonna Do (Casablanca) 45 ... today's W.C.S.C beer'd up monster!

Barbara Acklin - You Don't Have To Beg Me To Stay (Capitol) LP track

Willie Hutch - Anything Is Possible If You Believe In Love (Whitfield) LP track

Ronnie Shannon - Sweet Games Of Love (Unidisc) CD ... (Dynamics - What A Shame CD ... bonus track)

Sun - Just A Minute Of Your Time (Capitol) 45

The Dynamics? - Get Myself High (Unidisc) CD

Charlie Mitchell - Love Don't Come Easy (Janus) 45

The Tams - This Precious Moment (Sounds South) LP track

Pulse - Sunshine (Sunday Soul Selection CD)

Silent Majority - Frightened Girl (Hot Wax) 45

Aretha Franklin - April Fools (Atlantic) 45

The O'Jays - I'm So Glad I Found You (Bell) 45

Otis Leavill - Why Why Why (Dakar) 45

Honey Cone feat. Sharon Cash - Somebody's Always Messing Up A Good Thing (Hot Wax) 45

If you require any more information regarding any particular item please do not hesitate to ask ... best, Shaun ... :wicked:

Social source share

Another great show.

Here are download links on Megaupload - the usual deal, the full show and then split into two for CDR burning

https://SRSSS8thJuly07fullshow.notlong.com

https://SRSSS080707inparts.notlong.com

Stand-out tracks for me were

Willie Johnson - It's Me,

(the wonderful) Electrified Action - Love Foundation,

Willie Hutch - Sunshine Lady (can't beat it),

Marshall Downing - Almost Had A Good Thing,

Bill Brandon - Baby, Love Is A Two Way Street,

Barbara Acklin - You Don't Have To Beg Me To Stay,

The Dynamics - Get Myself High ( I received this on a soul mix years ago from a friend in California),

Charlie Mitchell - Love Don't Come Easy

The Tams - This Precious Moment (nice selection whoever came up with it!)

All the best,

Zane

Social source share

Playlist: 8th July 2007

Luckey Davis - It's Not Where You Start It's Where You Finish (Highland) 45

Syl Johnson feat. Brenda Johnson - All I Need Is Someone Like You (Grapevine) 45

Willie Johnson - It's Me (Savannah International) 45 ... lovely mid-tempo ... !

JR Bailey - Heaven On Earth (Toy) 45

Leon Bryant - Love Only You (Unidisc) CD

William DeVaughn - Give The Little Man A Great Big Hand (Roxbury) 45

Bobby Sheen - Love Stealing (Chelsea) 45

Electrified Action - Love Foundation (Delite) 45 ... nice mid-tempo ... !

Willie Hutch - Sunshine Lady (Motown) 45

Leon Bryant - Never (Unidisc) CD ... nice Modern dancer ... !

Bloodstone - Just Wanna Get The Feel Of It (Motown) 12"

Marshall Downing - Almost Had A Good Thing (GCS) 45

I.N.D. - I Just Got To Have You (Erect) LP track

Bill Brandon - Baby, Love Is A Two Way Street (Unidisc) CD

Gloria Scott - What Am I Gonna Do (Casablanca) 45 ... today's W.C.S.C beer'd up monster!

Barbara Acklin - You Don't Have To Beg Me To Stay (Capitol) LP track

Willie Hutch - Anything Is Possible If You Believe In Love (Whitfield) LP track

Ronnie Shannon - Sweet Games Of Love (Unidisc) CD ... (Dynamics - What A Shame CD ... bonus track)

Sun - Just A Minute Of Your Time (Capitol) 45

The Dynamics? - Get Myself High (Unidisc) CD

Charlie Mitchell - Love Don't Come Easy (Janus) 45

The Tams - This Precious Moment (Sounds South) LP track

Pulse - Sunshine (Sunday Soul Selection CD)

Silent Majority - Frightened Girl (Hot Wax) 45

Aretha Franklin - April Fools (Atlantic) 45

The O'Jays - I'm So Glad I Found You (Bell) 45

Otis Leavill - Why Why Why (Dakar) 45

Honey Cone feat. Sharon Cash - Somebody's Always Messing Up A Good Thing (Hot Wax) 45

If you require any more information regarding any particular item please do not hesitate to ask ... best, Shaun ... thumbsup.gif

Another top show Shaun, so many goodies again this week. Ya spoilin us mate! :D

Ya find out who the lady was singing on that Dynamics track?.... very nice! :lol:

steve

Social source share

Guest soultempo

cheers Steve ... thumbsup.gif

The track was written by Ronnie Shannon (sleeve notes) ... but doesn't say who she is ... :lol: ... !

Quick Update:

Next week - Bob 'the Crate' Smith

22nd July - Paul Thrower (my very special guest)

www.essentialmodernsoul.co.nr ... playlists (& more info.) thread ... Go to Media Section ... !

Social source share

Guest soultempo

Playlist - 15th July 2007: Bob Smith's Sunday Soul Selection

Bobby Moore - Call Me Your Anything Man (45)

Bobby Sheen - Come On & Love Me (45)

Flowers - For Real (45)

Fifth Avenue Band feat. Carol Townes - Love has found my heart (45) ... v. nice dancer ... !

Margaret Reynolds - Today I Started Lovin' you (45)

Dynamics Superiors - Soon (LP track)

True Image - A Fool And His Money (LP track)

Hard Cover - Do You Care (like you say you do) 45

Albert Jones - Unity (45)

Sunday - Where Did He Come From (45)

Dells - Make Sure (45)

Five Wagers - Come & Ask Me (45)

Unknown Artist - If it's All Right (Soul Spectrum CD)

Alex Brown - I'm Not Responsible (45)

Rhonda Davis - Can You Remember (45)

Stevens & Foster - I Wanna Be Loved (45) ... today's W.C.S.C beeer'd up monster ... !

New Birth - Falling In Love (LP track)

Mcfadden & Whitehead - I've Been Pushed Aside (LP track)

Reginald - Stop To Think It Over (12")

Big Al (The Ladies Pal) - Don't Bring No Early Mornings (45) ... lovely mid-tempo ... !

Bessie Banks - Try To Leave Me If You Can (45)

Dorthy Johnson - If It's Not Love Don't Waste My Time (45)

Jimmy Okera Hightower - Love & Life (45) ... v. nice mid-tempo ... !

Caeser Frazier - Till Another Day (LP track)

Delegation - One More Step To Take (LP track)

Brother's By Choice - She Put's The Ease Back Into Easy (LP track)

Randy Brown - I Was Blessed The Day I Found You (LP track)

Lawrence Hilton Jacobs - Baby Your Eyes (LP track)

Willie Hutch - I'm Gonna Stay (LP track)

Margie Joesph - Don't Turn The Lights Off (45)

Well done Bob ... another v. enjoyable selection ... *Big Al (The Ladies Pal)* ... great name ... reminds me of Gary 'Jazzrooms' for some reason ... :thumbsup:

If you require any more info. regarding any particular item please do not hesitate to ask ... 395126.gif

Next Week:

Paul Thrower is my very special guest ... !

Plus feat. the latest wonderful 45 from the Shotgun/Selecta Label (one of the Labels of the Year, so far ... !)

Social source share

Tremendous selections from Bob - well done that man!

We particularly loved these, but could list just about them all!

Fifth Avenue Band feat. Carol Townes - Love has found my heart

Margaret Reynolds - Today I Started Lovin' you

Hard Cover - Do You Care (like you say you do)

Alex Brown - I'm Not Responsible (45)

Rhonda Davis - Can You Remember (45)

New Birth - Falling In Love

Jimmy Okera Hightower - Love & Life

Caeser Frazier - Till Another Day

Here's a download link - https://SRSSS15Jul07fullshow.notlong.com

Another link with the show split into two for CDR burning willl follow later

All the best,

Zane

Social source share

Guest soultempo

Cheers Gary, I'm replying on Shaun's ID because I'm not signed up yet.

Great times, great memories of those days thumbsup.gif

Ken's not forgotten.

Very best wishes, Bob.

(PS: keep in touch)

Social source share

Guest soultempo

Radio Show Update - 22nd July 2007:

This coming Sunday a sun-tanned, refreshed, relaxed & fully re-charged Paul Thrower returns from another enjoyable Rimini (Italian) Soul weekender to join me in the Solar Lounge as my very special guest ... thumbsup.gif

Cappuccino's & Espresso's all the way ... 395069.gif ... as Paul lays down his special blend of mid-tempo madness gems & crossover/70s modern room dancers ...

Edited by soultempo
Social source share

Guest Marcus B

Shaun, excellent show mate and paying homage to Paul T (home of Chisoul.)

Paul, Some seriously excellent choonage played on the show. Simply love it mate. Looking forward to Chisoul soo much listening to these tracks. !!! Have a great time in Espanol !

Marcus

Social source share

great show Shaun, big up to Paul, some fantastic tracks played, loved hearing the flip ov Loraine Rudolph great deep soul, also nice to hear Richard Brown's "Sweet & Kind". And without doubt THE best version of "Rolling Down A Mountainside" The Main Ingredient. Waiting for the playlist coz there's some wants in there! Great ending with the late Dan Folger, sums up Paul's excellent playlist... he certainly didnt go along with the way of the crowd! :thumbup:

Steve & Tina

Social source share

Guest soultempo

Marcus / Steve & Tina ... thanks for your posts & feedback ... :D

It's always great fun being in the company of one of the 'true gents' of the scene ... Mr. Paul Thrower. Another superb selection of tunes Paul! Impossible to choose a fav'. A real mixed bag of deep soul & gospel ballads, mid-pacers, crossover & modern room dancer gems ... Real 'strings & things' for a Sunday ... Thanks Paul. Already lookin' forward to the day you return, once again ... best, Shaun ... yes.gif

22nd July 2007: Paul Thrower's Sunday Soul Selection

Bobby Foster - Where Do You Go (45)

Soul Brothers Inc - I Saw Forever My Love (45)

Jay Poole - I Love You (45)

Chapter 8 - How Can I Get Next To You (45)

Reggie Saddler Revue - Just Wait And See (45)

Shirley Wahls And Spouse - Cry Myself To Sleep (45)

E.G. Taylor - Pick Yourself Up (45)

The Internationals - Beautiful Philosophy (45)

Reggie Soul - My World Of Ecstasy (45) ... esp. for the W.C.S.C.

Betty Stokes - Is It True (45)

Berry Street Station - All I Want Is You (45)

Sensations Wild - Love Somebody, Love Someone (45)

Dontells - I Can't Wait (45)

Anthony White - Yes You Need Love (Sunday Soul Selection CD)

Buddy Miles - Got To Find Ms Right (LP track)

Rozetta Johnson - You Better Keep What You Got (Shotgun 45) ... v. nice - brand new ... !

William Bell - You Got The Kind Of Love (45) ... Mid-morning mover ... !

Fontella Bass - Leaving The Choice To You (45)

Barbara Rudolph - After All I've Been Through (45)

The Originals - Ladies (LP track)

Freda Payne - I Hear Rumours (LP track)

Bazuka - Come To Me (LP track)

Main Ingredient - Rolling Down A Mountainside (45)

Executive Suite - Hey Pearl (45)

Glen Ricketts - Does It Really Matter (45)

Moses Smith - Keep On Striving (45)

Fourth Creation - I Think I Would Cry (45)

Richard Brown - Sweet & Kind (45)

Bob & Gene - I Gotta Find A Way (45)

Round Robin Monopoly - I'd Rather Loan You Out (45)

Earles - What Would Your Daddy Say (45)

Dan Folger - The Way Of The Crowd (45)

If you require any more info. regarding any particular item please do not hesitate to ask ... best, Shaun.

Social source share

What a tremendous selection of music from Mr T!

Far too many to choose, but particular favourites are

Reggie Soul - My World Of Ecstasy (45)

Anthony White - Yes You Need Love

Here are download links on megaupload - same deal as before.

https://SRSSS22Jul07fullshow.notlong.com

https://SRSSS22Jul07inparts.notlong.com

Best wishes to all,

Zane

Social source share

Marcus / Steve & Tina ... thanks for your posts & feedback ... thumbsup.gif

It's always great fun being in the company of one of the 'true gents' of the scene ... Mr. Paul Thrower. Another superb selection of tunes Paul! Impossible to choose a fav'. A real mixed bag of deep soul & gospel ballads, mid-pacers, crossover & modern room dancer gems ... Real 'strings & things' for a Sunday ... Thanks Paul. Already lookin' forward to the day you return, once again ... best, Shaun ... :lol:

22nd July 2007: Paul Thrower's Sunday Soul Selection

Bobby Foster - Where Do You Go (45)

Soul Brothers Inc - I Saw Forever My Love (45)

Chapter 8 - How Can I Get Next To You (45)

Reggie Saddler Revue - Just Wait And See (45)

E.G. Taylor - Pick Yourself Up (45)

The Internationals - Beautiful Philosophy (45)

Reggie Soul - My World Of Ecstasy (45) ... esp. for the W.C.S.C.

Betty Stokes - Is It True (45)

Berry Street Station - All I Want Is You (45)

Anthony White - Yes You Need Love (Sunday Soul Selection CD)

Buddy Miles - Got To Find Ms Right (LP track)

Rozetta Johnson - You Better Keep What You Got (Shotgun 45) ... v. nice - brand new ... !

William Bell - You Got The Kind Of Love (45) ... Mid-morning mover ... !

Fontella Bass - Leaving The Choice To You (45)

Barbara Rudolph - After All I've Been Through (45)

The Originals - Ladies (LP track)

Freda Payne - I Hear Rumours (LP track)

Bazuka - Come To Me (LP track)

Main Ingredient - Rolling Down A Mountainside (45)

Executive Suite - Hey Pearl (45)

Glen Ricketts - Does It Really Matter (45)

Richard Brown - Sweet & Kind (45)

Bob & Gene - I Gotta Find A Way (45)

Earles - What Would Your Daddy Say (45)

Dan Folger - The Way Of The Crowd (45)

If you require any more info. regarding any particular item please do not hesitate to ask ... best, Shaun.

Great show yesterday fellas thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Guest soultempo

Cheers, Steve ... thumbsup.gif

Best wishes to the Orwell lads ... & have a great time in Darlington (THE ORWELL @ JOES BAR, DARLINGTON - SUNDAY 29th JULY)

Best, Shaun.

THE ORWELL:

Wigan Pier, Wigan (9pm til 2am) £6 entry.

Friday 27th JULY - ONE ROOM 'OPEN DECKS' SPECIAL!!!!

DJ's include:

Derek Smith / Jim Elliott / Adam Garbutt, Mike Lofthouse, Alan Thompson / Paul Havakin / Pete Best / Pete Haigh & Andy Lett / Neil Jones ...

396101.gif ... should be a gud 1 ... !

Social source share

Guest soultempo

Stop Press:

Sunday Soul Selection 'on tour' in Yorkshire ... :P

August 4th 2007: *Wakefield City Soul* Club Night @ the Red Bar ...

3 George Crown Yard

Chancery Lane

Off Wood Street

Wakefield

WF1 1UQ

Shaun Robbins & Bob 'the Crate' Smith join Wakefield's finest resident jocks: DJ Richard; Martin H; Chappie; John 'dinosaur' Green; John Britton, DJ Smooth, DJ Strawberry, DJ Rudeboy ... for an evening of Northern/Crossover/Modern Soul gems ... !

100% Solid Soul Nite ... 395100.gif

7pm till 2am

Free Admission

wcsclub@btinternet.com

395063.gif instead of ... 395107.gif ... !

Social source share

Guest soultempo

Sunday Soul Selection Playlist: 29th July 2007 ... :thumbsup:

Bilalian Creation - Save The Children (California Gold) 12"

The Lost Family - Blow My Mind (Innovation II) 45

Bean Brothers - I'm Glad That I'm Me (Davida) 12"

Lenny Williams - Since I Met You (Motown) 45 ... v. nice cheapie ... !

Lou Courtney - What Do You Want Me To Do (Epic) 45

J.B. Bingham - She's Gone (UA) 45

Donny Mann - This Love Is Real (Uni) 45

Donny Mann - Treat Me Like A Stranger (Avalanche) 45

Donny Mann - Try Me (Wooden Nickel) 45

Sadane - One Minute From Love (WB) 45

McFadden & Whitehead - I Heard It In A Love Song (TSOP) 12"

Shirley Brown - When You Really Love Somebody (Soul Brother Records) CD

Dynamic Superiors - Leave it Alone (Motown) 45 ... today's W.C.S.C's beeer'd up monster ... !

Mary Mundy - You Put A Hurtin' On Me (Sunday Soul Selection) CD

Bits N' Pieces - Keep On Running Away (Nasco) 45

Unknown Artist - If It's Alright (Soul Spectrum Vol II) CD

Soul Children - Midnight Sunshine (Epic) 45 ... desert island disc ... !

Norman Connors (feat. Glenn Jones) - Melancholy Fire (Arista) Japanese CD

Harlem Meat Company - I'm Not Gonna Be Anybody's Fool (Cash) 45 ... nice ballad ... !

J.B. Bingham - All Alone By The Telephone (UA) 45

Four Tops - I Just Can't Get You Out of My Mind (Dunhill) 45

Lawrence Payton - Tell Me You Love Me (Love Sounds) (ABC Dunhill) 45 ... also on a Four Tops LP.

Four Tops - (It's The Way) Nature Planned It (Motown) 45

Al Johnson - You Are My Personal Angel (Columbia) 45

Rozetta Johnson - You Better Keep What You Got (Shotgun) 45 ... label of the year ... !

If you require any more information regarding any particular item please do not hesitate to ask ...

Best, Shaun.

Social source share

Another tremendous outing for Mr Robbins - particularly loved the three Donny Mann tracks - good effort!

Dynamic Superiors - Leave it Alone - brilliant!

Harlem Meat Company & Lenny Williams - both also brilliant, but I would say that, wouldn't I!

As usual, self-explanatory download links on megaupload

https://SRSSS29Jul07fullshow.notlong.com

https://SRSSS29Jul07inparts.notlong.com

Let me know if there are problems with the downloads.

All the best,

Zane

Social source share