The Kid - in a shirt a tie - nice

André Brasseur, (born 1939) is a Belgian keyboard player and organist. Brasseur has released many albums and singles in his own country, but internationally is best known for his double A sided single The Kid/Holiday, which was released on the CBS label in the UK.

Though it never reached the UK charts, The Kid became popular in the famous Northern Soul venue The Twisted Wheel, based in Manchester, and DJ Noel Edmonds used Holiday as the theme tune to his Radio 1programme in the 1970s. In the same period at Radio Veronica, a Dutch pirate radio, DJ Lex Harding used The Kid as the opening sequence to his daily afternoon broadcast programme.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

One of my all time fave Stomping instrumentals.Got it on First UK issue and the Original US Congress which is harder to find than most think.Most of the Congress ones are the lookalike Boot.Also most of the UK CBS ones are the later reissue.

20171022_091143.thumb.jpg.4d777a743f29224fca5cb3e4b8679c3b.jpg20161230_124707.thumb.jpg.58807fd455c084f707e73f8731061785.jpg

• Up vote 3
Social source share

1 hour ago, RC166 said:

I cannot tell if my copy is original or boot 

abtk.jpg

The original matrix is K- 10163-1   

A Stamped R is directly opposite th K

The counterfeit boot matrix is 1K-10163 and no stamped R

Took me ages to find a real un

• Up vote 1
Social source share

17 minutes ago, Patto said:

The original matrix is K- 10163-1   

A Stamped R is directly opposite th K

The counterfeit boot matrix is 1K-10163 and no stamped R

Took me ages to find a real un

Cheers,one more boot in my collection

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 minute ago, RC166 said:

Cheers,one more boot in my collection

Sorry about that RC.Over the years ive seen several of the boots sold and played as originals.I have bought a couple off the internet and had to send em back.Seen a few say they have the UK original as well but it was the 2nd issue.

• Thanks 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!