Jump to content
  • Sign Up
mike

Liverpool V Real Madrid Final tonight - any calls?

Recommended Posts

looking forward to tonights match - using the below free method 

3-2 to Liverpool be my call after rnormal time

whats yours?

How can I watch Liverpool v Real Madrid on TV and online?

The match is showing in the UK on BT Sport 2 – but BT are also offering a FREE live stream on YouTube for non-subscribers.

Non-BT Sport subscribers can watch for free on YouTube, on BTSport.com and the BT Sport app.

Subscribers will also be able to watch 360-degree highlights via the app, with the whole match broadcast in 4K Ultra HD.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-05-26/champions-league-2018-final-live-tv-coverage-liverpool-v-real-madrid/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool 3-1 for me..hoping they play as well as they have this season..not a fan by any stretch of the other team either..hopefully be a good attacking game to watch for the neutral.hope the ref has a good game without too much drama/bias.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ramos will either get or get someone sent off, and Ronaldo who has had a stinker will score an injury time penalty even though Madrid are already winning 3-0 will whip off his shirt do three laps of honour and claim HE won the cup!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Used to like a little punt when l was still living in blighty, but don't bother since l've been here ( mugs game ) but bet Fred's 7/1for both teams to score in both halves is to good to miss , 0/0 will probably be the result though .  fence sit and all that jazz ⚽👅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Amazing set of events.

Salah gets injured.

Pool goalie drops 2 clangers

Bale proves a point.

Hardly one sided, but as ever, the luckiest team wins.

The Fulham Villa game was also down to luck, or lack of it for Bruce Boy.

Ed

Edited by tomangoes
Spello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Have it. Great result for United fans.  On my way out to Bury nighter even happier now

Ste 

The Allnighter should help you get over United’s loss to Chelsea last weekend...Pogba must have been poking pins in his eyes to miss an easy scoring chance. Better to lose a European Final to tough opposition than to capitulate feebly to a team that didn’t qualify for next year’s Champions’ League.

Edited by FRANKIE CROCKER
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Sign up/in to remove

8 hours ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

Quietly confident. Reds are rested and raring to go. Allez, allez, allez....

Quietly drowning my sorrows with IPA. Beaten by a totally brilliant goal by Bale. But for two cataclysmic goalkeeping errors, Reds played well with loads of creditable individual performances. Losing Mo Salah was the turning point and the team were struggling from then onwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Mike. I Would rather stick pins in my eyes while watching paint dry than watch the Scousers.  Real Madrid win . Ronnie gets the winner 

Steve 

There is a God. United could have won the Premier League, the FA Cup, the Carabao Cup, the Boat Race, the Grand National, the Super Bowl, the entire Olympic Games, the Ashes and had  Fellainii as the first Belgian on the moon and I would still have wanted the bin dippers to lose. That bank holiday is looking so much better now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Jaco said:

There is a God. United could have won the Premier League, the FA Cup, the Carabao Cup, the Boat Race, the Grand National, the Super Bowl, the entire Olympic Games, the Ashes and had  Fellainii as the first Belgian on the moon and I would still have wanted the bin dippers to lose. That bank holiday is looking so much better now.

CHELSEA WON THE F A CUP 👍😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to the local miners club to watch the match, put my red shirt on but it wasn't lucky. Think that the "pool" keeper could have done better but just happy that they got that far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

As if losing Salah wasn’t bad enough we  have a keeper that couldn’t hold a bag of crisps, real were the better side but Karius gifted them two , apart from possibly the greatest champions league goal scored ever , the score line slightly flattered them . One thing though, 2actually , at least preening Christine didn’t get one and was made to look so so , and Maureen will be going to the board with ‘ I reckon that Bale is a good player ‘ .😄 

Edited by Colnago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

The Allnighter should help you get over United’s loss to Chelsea last weekend...Pogba must have been poking pins in his eyes to miss an easy scoring chance. Better to lose a European Final to tough opposition than to capitulate feebly to a team that didn’t qualify for next year’s Champions’ League.

I've watched United home and away since 1972 . Ups and downs. Winning . Losing . This is what happened when you support the biggest most successful club in the country . Something that the bin dippers  can only aspire to.

We were actually the better team against Chelsea and couldn't score. But I don't worry . I was over it when the final whistle was blown.  

Out of respect to Mike. I won't post what I and most United fans really think about the mickies. 

Ste

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

I've watched United home and away since 1972 . Ups and downs. Winning . Losing . This is what happened when you support the biggest most successful club in the country . Something that the bin dippers  can only aspire to.

We were actually the better team against Chelsea and couldn't score. But I don't worry . I was over it when the final whistle was blown.  

Out of respect to Mike. I won't post what I and most United fans really think about the mickies. 

Ste

Aspire to Steve?  Man U have won 6 more trophies than Liverpool, Community Shield honours 😉 

As a neutral I'd want any UK team to win.

Good to see you last night btw mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chalky said:

Aspire to Steve?  Man U have won 6 more trophies than Liverpool, Community Shield honours 😉 

As a neutral I'd want any UK team to win.

Good to see you last night btw mate.

Chalky. United have won 43 major trophies and the scousers 42. 

Always good to see you to mate. Had a good night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Chalky. United have won 43 major trophies and the scousers 42. 

Always good to see you to mate. Had a good night

nowt between em then :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, chalky said:

nowt between em then :) 

Another site has United 6 in front on major trophies.  Another one was 3. Your guess is as good as mine mate on totals.  The result is always United in front though. Before anyone starts shouting . Google was the search engine i used. 

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, monny1916 said:

Just proves Liverpool are a one player team but unfortunately not in the same mould as Gareth Bale 

I don't think thats the case tbh.  They should have put Solanke on and therefore kept the three up front and the same attacking formation.  Lallana has played 16 minutes football, he didn't have the legs.  Liverpool then dropped deep and gave Madrid the incentive to go forward. I agree they haven't the squad like Madrid but it was a poor choice of sub IMO.  But at the end of the day you can't gift a team like Real two goals like Karius did and have any expectation of winning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If Gareth bale had started we might not be talking goal keeper errors we may be talking about the possibility of him scoring a bag full given his recent form  so you think Koop is a bad manager or just technically naive 

Edited by monny1916
Went to get washing in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, chalky said:

I don't think thats the case tbh.  They should have put Solanke on and therefore kept the three up front and the same attacking formation.  Lallana has played 16 minutes football, he didn't have the legs.  Liverpool then dropped deep and gave Madrid the incentive to go forward. I agree they haven't the squad like Madrid but it was a poor choice of sub IMO.  But at the end of the day you can't gift a team like Real two goals like Karius did and have any expectation of winning.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, monny1916 said:

If Gareth bale had started we might not be talking goal keeper errors we may be talking about the possibility of him scoring a bag full given his recent form  so you think Koop is a bad manager or just technically naive 

I don't think he is either, just thought it was a strange choice of substitute given his lack of games.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who knows anything has been saying for the last two years that LFC need a top class keeper. Perhaps Klopp has learned his lesson now. Having said that what possesses him to play Karius before Mignolet  is a bit of a mystery to me. I think Mignolet has made mistakes but nothing on the scale of Karius.

As an aside I wonder what the Spanish press are saying about Zidane's team selection after Bale's exploits ?

Seems like Bale wants to leave Madrid, but going to MUFC with Jose and his style - would that work ? 

Pogba for Madrid ? Rumoured most of the season. Swap deal with Bale involved ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much as it pains me, If the Dirties would have had De-Gea they would have finished second in the Premiership and be Champions League winners. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Zed1 said:

Much as it pains me, If the Dirties would have had De-Gea they would have finished second in the Premiership and be Champions League winners. 

Wash your mouth out with soap young man. How very dare you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Wash your mouth out with soap young man. How very dare you

OOooop's Sorry Ste. 😩

Must admit though it does puzzle me why teams seem happy to lay out £50+ million on some VERY average forward yet baulk at paying a fraction of this for a quality keeper. Like yourself I was a regular in the Schmeichel years and what people rarely mention is that not only was he the best shot stopper, but he also turned 1 point into 3 points countless times by launching those pin-point throws 50+ yards right into the path of a certain Mr Giggs who was already on his bike, and if he didn't then go on and finish the move our Resident God would. I seem to remember one season Schmeichel finished second in our assists which just shows how good at this he was.

Edited by Zed1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mike said:

why have we these crap 'banter' style posts coming in

idea is that the topic is just members talking about a football match

do we really have to start using nicknames that will just put peoples backs up and lead to similar follow on posts?

 

 

 

The word Tribal springs to mind  , and l thought it only applied to music . 👅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Andy Mac said:

Anyone who knows anything has been saying for the last two years that LFC need a top class keeper. Perhaps Klopp has learned his lesson now. Having said that what possesses him to play Karius before Mignolet  is a bit of a mystery to me. I think Mignolet has made mistakes but nothing on the scale of Karius.

As an aside I wonder what the Spanish press are saying about Zidane's team selection after Bale's exploits ?

Seems like Bale wants to leave Madrid, but going to MUFC with Jose and his style - would that work ? 

Pogba for Madrid ? Rumoured most of the season. Swap deal with Bale involved ?

Ah ha. A proper contribution that contributes constructively to the thread.  Not sure what the Mancs have added apart from bigotry and bile from the Neville pop-up book. Not much between Mignolet and Karius - both are error prone: Reds need a world class keeper like De Gea. Klopp is far from perfect and may have erred in playing Lallana. Klopp has made other poor substitutions this season notably pulling Salah off against Roma. The more I think about it. Sergio Ramos used a judo throw to injure Salah and eliminate him from the game - up until then, Liverpool were looking the more threatening. Liverpool contained Real Madrid pretty well for most of the match and it was a wonder goal from Bale that clinched it for the winners. Liverpool lack depth in attack having kept Ings on and sold Sturridge so this was a potential problem that contributed to them losing. Just glad it was not a result determined completely by goalkeeping errors, but yet again, Liverpool will be left wondering what might have been...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 14:10, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

Quietly confident. Reds are rested and raring to go. Allez, allez, allez....

They thought they'd  conquered Europe

celebrating six

Thank you Gareth Bale

Made them look like dicks

The Twenty sixth of May

Always in our heart

United won the treble

The scousers fell apart

Allez. Allez. Allez.

Ste

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok , well it’s been clear all season that we have needed not just a first class keeper but a stronger back four . 

Klopp always thinks he can improve players with support and off field training and it’s worked with a few . Look how good Salah , Robertson , and to some extent Alexander Arnold have become ( remember he’s only 19 ). But what he didn’t do is sort out one of the most important positions from day one . It has always been clear to most Liverpool fans that none of our keepers have been good enough and this cost us not only the final but a huge number of points during the season . 

Klopp is building and moving forward and with summer signings , hopefully will build a team that will provide a stronger challenge to Man City next season . I can’t see United doing that with “ The Special One “ and his red parking bus.  

As for the Manc - Scouse banter , that will never change , it’s in the DNA ...  it’s not personal to the individual , it’s to the club and shirt .  

Its still hurting though .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Sign Up

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign up now!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts



×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.