"POPCORN"

I know a lot of people are going to say, Here we go with another Pigeon Hole For another form of Music or Scene.

But, where did the term "Pop Corn" as in Music come from? was it connected in  some way with the Low Rider Scene or

am i Barking up th wrong tree here.There must be a lot of experts out there who would be able to explain.

I have a few records that seem to fit the term but were just purchased because i liked

them and not because they were part of any Music Culture.

If this Subject has been discussed on here before, appoligies.Rick

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

28 minutes ago, RICK SCOTT said:

I know a lot of people are going to say, Here we go with another Pigeon Hole For another form of Music or Scene.

But, where did the term "Pop Corn" as in Music come from? was it connected in  some way with the Low Rider Scene or

am i Barking up th wrong tree here.There must be a lot of experts out there who would be able to explain.

I have a few records that seem to fit the term but were just purchased because i liked

them and not because they were part of any Music Culture.

If this Subject has been discussed on here before, appoligies.Rick

All you need to know here Rick....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popcorn_(music_style)

• Up vote 1
Social source share

And now we know some records are both Popcorn and Northern Soul at the same time.

These must be 'crossover hybrids' listed for sale on confused.com

Joking I am.........

I wonder if the Popcorn scene have tunes played that are loved and loathed at the same time by punters, like on the Northern Soul scene?

Ed

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!