Caston & Majors

Hi,

Just aquired a test pressing of the above artist Child of Love/ No One Will Know with paper work. As is shown on photo's the paperwork is of German origin, is anyone able to shine a light on the Motown / Jobete Music Co. connection?

Regards,

Funk Brother Joe.

20180602_203215.jpg

20180602_203246.jpg

Edited by funk brother joe
duplication
Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The record itself is just a demo of the pretty common german release. German 70s Tamla-Motown demos usually came in the respective picture sleeve. The sleeve you have is an in-house one. Not meant to be distributed. Probably EMI archive copy.

Social source share

4 minutes ago, Benji said:

The record iInformationf is just a demo of the pre tty common german release. German 70s Tamla-Motown demos usually came in the respective picture sleeve. The sleeve you have is an in-house one. Not meant to be distributed. Probably EMI archive copy.

Correct, the sleeve i have is plain with the words "Muster zu Ihrer Information" at the top.

Social source share

EMI was handling Motown product throughout much of Europe at that time ... 

BTW, Caston & Majors were Leonard Caston & Carolyn Majors ... Leonard Caston was a songwriter, record producer, pianist and singer. He worked for Chess in the 1960s. He co-wrote or co-produced several major hit records, including Mitty Collier's "I Had A Talk With My Man" (1964) plus stuff by the Radiants, Jan Bradley, Sugar Pie Desanto, Billy Stewart, the Dells, Laura Lee, Little Milton, Bobby McClure, Marlena Shaw and many others. He seemed to quit Chess at the end of the 60's (when the label was starting to struggle a bit). He joined Motown in the early 70's and worked there mainly with (the solo) Eddie Kendricks.  

EMI70sMotownEurope.jpg

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!