Mtume / Lucas Picks

10 minutes ago, Mickey Finn said:

Chris, I strongly recommend you get yourself a copy of this great compilation on Expansion:

Cheers Mickey, I've got a lot of them on vinyl already but quite a few I don't know - luckily none seem too hard to pick up on original

Used to play Rena Scott loads years ago on the Kent Mecca / Buddah compilation but didn't realise it was Mtume Lucas

Just spotted your post from a couple of weeks ago re. Reggie Lucas - totally missed that

Social source share

That comp steered me much deeper into their output than I had been previously. Everything seems to be available cheap as chips on vinyl or on cd reissue which makes for a very nice price/quality ratio.

I'll never forget seeing Shaun Robbins pack the Blackpool Hilton lounge twice in the same weekend with that Sadane track. But Ralph Tee and Paul Clifford have been two of the biggest champions of this production team, representing what Ralph means by the whole luxury soul concept. This tune regularly gets described as the best Mtume-Lucas production that wasn't produced by the great men themselves - Michael Lovesmith gets the credit:

Vinyl only for the album (easily her best for me - the others too eurodisco but all reissued), but this tune appears on another Expansion comp well worth acquiring:

image.png.f3f9f69d0bba29e8eebc404ae417f7f8.png

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!