Poll: Version Battle - Our Love (Is In The Pocket)

Version Battle: Our Love (Is In The Pocket)  

1. 1. Which Version does it for you?

• Darrell Banks
    • J.J. Barnes

This poll is closed to new votes

Suggested by Mick aka  @Greedy Mick this time around we are going for a classic battle royale, its...

Darrell Banks - Our Love (Is In The Pocket)

v

J.J. Barnes - Our Love Is In The Pocket

voice your choice

and as always once posted your choice then feel most free to share your reasons, view, stories, memories etc etc  

Social source share

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Got to be Darrell banks for me.

Was one of my first 45s I bought and still play it regularly at home. 

It's the raw sound for me and as good as JJs version is I still prefer Darrell's version. 

Neal

Social source share

If i'm not mistaken wasn't this covered in 2014?. For me it has to be Darrell Bank's 7inch single version.Was the version as a pposed to JJ Barnes's that was always played at the Wheel and other noted clubs during the early days of the scene.

Regards Fred. 

Social source share

Darrell Banks every day of the week. The original, and the best. Hands down. No argument. The version played at the Wheel, Torch, and everywhere else back in the "olden days". And probably the finest double sider ever to grace our scene.

Social source share

Brit groups like the Move & Amen Corner always used to perform this live (though many more did "Open The Door") ... that's how it was back then ... 

MIND YOU ... I think a lot of the time (by 67/68-ish), their managers were telling them what to include in their live acts ... the Move, Amen Corner & Eyes of Blue all had the same manager ... 

UKgroupsR&B.jpg

Social source share

Voted JJ, but man it’s close! Backing vocal wise I love the punchy male vocals on Darrell’s but the girls sure do sound good on JJ’s... 

JJ’s vocal just wins here for me...

glad I got both on 45, that way I don’t actually ever really have to properly vote... 🙂

malc

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

11 minutes ago, solidsoul said:

I never vote on these version battles! 

These are both wonderful records, and one is not inferior in any way to the other!

thanks for that

the idea behind these  is a bit of fun,  get some discussion going and all that

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

closing shortly next one starting soon!

Social source share

2 hours ago, solidsoul said:

I never vote on these version battles! 

These are both wonderful records, and one is not inferior in any way to the other!

Agree both are 1st class but the poll is not asking which is better, just which version does it for you. I prefer D.Bs version but that doesn't mean its any better than J.Js. 

Social source share

On 20/06/2018 at 12:22, tomangoes said:

Whats on the flip of this?

Ed

Screenshot_20180620-121640.png

My London demo had Our Love......as the B side. I would assume that the one issue in existence has the very same. If there's a second issue out there somewhere, and I find it, I'll be VERY sure to let everyone know what the flip is!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!