Art Posey No More Heartaches - Scope Records

Does anybody know if the 45 by Art Posey "No More Heartaches" on Scope Records had ever come with a picture sleeve? A seller on discogs mentions that the one they have for sale "doesn't have  picture sleeve". I have never seen nor heard of this release having a picture sleeve. Possibly it shares the rarity like that illusive M-S Records pic sleeve "Stop" by Lonette….

R-10275123-1509030566-4303.jpeg.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, djspproductions said:

Does anybody know if the 45 by Art Posey "No More Heartaches" on Scope Records had ever come with a picture sleeve? A seller on discogs mentions that the one they have for sale "doesn't have  picture sleeve". I have never seen nor heard of this release having a picture sleeve. Possibly it shares the rarity like that illusive M-S Records pic sleeve "Stop" by Lonette….

R-10275123-1509030566-4303.jpeg.jpg

All I can say is, if it DOES exist, I'd guess it's a LOT rarer the Lonette's picture sleeve, which I've seen probably 75 copies.  I've never seen nor heard of an Art Posey picture sleeve.  And to put it in context, I used to go to distributors in Chicago once a week from 1965-72, and drove to Detroit to look through record warehouses, record shops, discount store record racks and piles, thrift and junk stores, and even furniture stores that carried used records two Saturdays a month.  I must have looked through several million 45s in all those years, and saw a LOT of both of those records.  But I never saw the Art Posey picture sleeve.  I knew a lot of the big Detroit Soul collectors.  I never saw it in any of their collections.  I knew Art.  He recorded for our Airwave Records.  I should have asked him for one!!!  Ha!Ha!  🤣

Social source share

Thanks for your input Rob. Hope all is well my friend. I was going to reach out and ask the seller if he has a scan of it, or any details. I have only seen the lonnete picture sleeve once. It was either on here or a facebook group. Should send me that list of big Detroit collectors if any are around... :) 

Social source share

1 minute ago, djspproductions said:

Thanks for your input Rob. Hope all is well my friend. I was going to reach out and ask the seller if he has a scan of it, or any details. I have only seen the lonnete picture sleeve once. It was either on here or a facebook group. Should send me that list of big Detroit collectors if any are around... :) 

I'm sure that MOST of them are deceased now.    We had a scan of Lonnette's sleeve on this very forum, not all that long ago (maybe within the last 2-3 years?  Hard for me to gage the last many years because it flies by so fast.  I think someone just told me something within the last year, and find out that was 10 years ago. 😱

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert