The Latin stuff that seems to be everywhere.

I was lucky enough to get the last year of Stafford and was introduced to the Latin sounds that were big at that time , Spanish Maiden , Bobby Valentin , etc and more importantly the above which was a big tune mid eighties tune in Scotland on the scene 

I haven’t known anything else as for me they have been around on the scene as long as I have ! However I can imagine the Wigan crowd at that time walking off the dance floors in droves !!! 

But I guess that is why the scene is so forward thinking and diverse with dj’s taking the risk and seeing the dance floor reaction , don’t get me wrong there’s still a lot of dross played out there !! 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

9 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Only bought this 30 years ago for a few pound's because of the label. 😎 then it ended up being quite a sort after tune

Steve 

Love Tony Middletons Spanish maiden As well . Nice one Steve 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

3 hours ago, the Happy Hooker said:

Any of these are a much welcome change to endless repeats of Marlena Shaw  Lets Wade in the Water

Loved this for ages but someone in Mexico seems to be buying them up and charging enough to fund a small army. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, John Moffatt said:

This one Baz? 🙂 Nice chill-out job.

Sorry, but anyone who knows me knows that my northern or soul tastes are varied, disco, garage, soulfully house, northern, Latin , popcorn, r&b, rocking blues, reggae, ska, Bluebeard, soca, jazz, mod, sweet, beach, add whatever

But this is, FFS ,god knows ..Carlos Santana brother apparently

• Up vote 1
Social source share

16 hours ago, codfromderby said:

Sorry, but anyone who knows me knows that my northern or soul tastes are varied, disco, garage, soulfully house, northern, Latin , popcorn, r&b, rocking blues, reggae, ska, Bluebeard, soca, jazz, mod, sweet, beach, add whatever

But this is, FFS ,god knows ..Carlos Santana brother apparently

Sorry😂 I like it thought and played it this aft for a mate of mine an he liked it also 👍 sorry again for making you angry 😂 atb baz

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!