The Latin stuff that seems to be everywhere.

Guest woolie mark

This thread has got legs....maaaan.  Not bad for a bunch of autumnal gringos.  Thanks guys, I’m lovin’ It!

You lot are welcome in the back seat of my low rider (if I had one) anytime!

Edited by woolie mark
Social source share

Guest woolie mark
2 hours ago, andybellwood said:

Not forgetting 

Yes, another northern soul dancefloor latin anthem.  In the mid noughties we went berserk to this down the Oxford Street basement.  You certainly know your latino onions Andy.

This one would certainly send a few tumbling over the manhole cover in front of the stage at number one hundred.

Social source share

On 14/06/2018 at 20:26, the yank said:

Hi Jose-

Thanks for the info> My early Salsoul releases don't mention anything about Mericana

they just show "A division of Caytronics- a Cayre Industries Company". This release of "La Botella"

on Epic does show the connection though.

Does anyone like the B side to this?

I do, but it's very strange, it goes from crap to awesome to crap to brilliant again. I think it's Joe singing isn't it... if so, he's got a voice more suitable for instrumentals.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Heres the original backing track to the Jobell Orchestra first heard Colin Law play this at the 100 club a couple of years ago it Rocked the Dancefloor.

Us 100 Clubbers have always had a soft spot for Latin since it first got played there in the mid 80s.

A lot of that had to do with the fact that Latin was played on the Mod scene  back then so we already knew the Rhythms anyway

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!