Silky Hargreaves ADDITIONAL COSTS!

WARNING !!! Outside Schengen eBay purchases on eBay USA through the GSP (not notified anymore on auction pages) now have the buyer to pay the stamps to the GSP center and this costs will be included in the value of the item to pre-calculate by eBay the import taxes supposedly due.

The unfortunate buyer will be aware of the details of this rip-off through cross reading all following eBay and Paypal invoices received only once the whole payment is made. This means the refund in case of issue with the item (not as described...) will become much more hazardous. BEWARE !

eBay, Paypal and GSP are so interconnected and share of "heads" and wallets... nasty business in sight !

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Then if the buyer has to send it back because it does not play very well, he will have duty to pay again to return the item!

Lets hope President Trump can get the EU/UK to drop their ridiculous import duties from the USA!!!😉

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I doubt to see any of those duties drop. When such bilateral deals between States are reached, it aims at the big industries and never the consumers. Now easier to realize; eBay could just drop that terrible GSP crap thing and set the clock back ! And leave us to deal with such issues as before. Mind you eBay, Paypal and GSP are different tentacles from the same octopus and do their business on the back of both sellers and buyers is their moto. Sellers do pay fee on the post costs as well ! This is a "win - win" deal for them 3 !

Edited by tlscapital
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

I won a bid on a record recently on ebay, the seller in the States did mention there would be import duty to pay, I assumed I would be making a payment when the record arrived at my local post sorting office, but for the first time I had the money taken from me at the same time I made the payment for the single, which did take the shine of being the winning bidder!  :(  

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!