Nite - Liters/K Jee

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I bought this 45 when it was originally released (RCA 74-0461) BUT, I've never seen a demo with that release #.

There are these variations- SPS-45-264 with the 4:02 long version on both sides in Stereo.

Then there's SPS-45- 275 with a 4:02 version on one side and a short 3:22 version on the other side (both stereo)

Finally there's a SPS-45-281 with the 3:22 Stereo version on both sides.

I've also seen a variation of the SPS-45-281 on the later tan RCA label .

If I was a betting man, I would say this was the original release-

k-jee.jpg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

"K-Jee" entered the US 45 charts at the beginning of July 71 ... here's an early ad for the band's releases at that time ...  

The 45 first hit the shops in the US back in April 71 when it seems RCA 74-0461 (issue) & promos SPS-45-264 + SPS-45-275 were all pressed up at the same time ... guess copies of the two promos went to different outlets (soul radio stns, rock radio stns, juke box suppliers, clubs) ...

NiteLiters45ad71.jpg

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

This is just a theory but that # (JH 11362) would have put the release around 1978. This might have been a re-release of the single 

to cash in on MFSB's version of "K-Jee"  on the "Saturday Night Fever" soundtrack ??

Philly Int'l also released "K-Jee" as a single in '78 (#3641) 3 years after its appearance on the "Universal Love" album from 1975.

Edited by the yank
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!