RICK SCOTT

All Our Yesterdays * Cutting Edge Comedy Heroes

Was talking to my son Richard a while back ( he's 35 now), about the heroes from the past who stood out because they were so different at the time that we would look forward to each week on the telly and sit giggling our heads off, Oh i miss those times, so here are a couple of my favourite memories, Early Harry Enfield and The Late Great Rik Mayal.........Enjoy

Edited by RICK SCOTT
more info

Not sure if everyone will share my taste etc, but found some episodes of a children's show from the late 79s, early 80s called "educating marmalade", remember I liked it at the time, still seems good now ,  35 plus years later, I'll try and post a clip when I can figure out how to on my silly complicated young person's phone

20 hours ago, Peter99 said:

Brilliant :D

I never got the 'Dead Parrot' sketch though (Although Michael Palin is a very funny man) Am I the only person? 

Dave Allen - Genius! 

Len :thumbsup:

P.s - Never got 'Fawlty Towers' either :face:

12 hours ago, LEN said:

Brilliant :D

I never got the 'Dead Parrot' sketch though (Although Michael Palin is a very funny man) Am I the only person? 

Dave Allen - Genius! 

Len :thumbsup:

P.s - Never got 'Fawlty Towers' either :face:

Obviously a Southern thing Len 😆

Finally found something on the internet relating to this. It was a show in the early 80's in which the competitor Maverick Morgan messed up every round as I recall, monumentally. It was hilarious at the time, so much so I have remembered the name to this day. His parts may have been a spoof, but regardless they were great. Does anyone remember this show and know where the full video can be found? Thanks, Martin

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6273878/

51 minutes ago, Martin S said:

Finally found something on the internet relating to this. It was a show in the early 80's in which the competitor Maverick Morgan messed up every round as I recall, monumentally. It was hilarious at the time, so much so I have remembered the name to this day. His parts may have been a spoof, but regardless they were great. Does anyone remember this show and know where the full video can be found? Thanks, Martin

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6273878/

I was in Japan, so no, never seen it, I do enjoy people hurting themselves though, schadenfreude is a wonderful thing.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.