mike

World cup 2018 underway

“ It’s commin home “ 

Well it was at someone’s home last night ...

Passers by stopped outside someone’s house that had a huge TV on show .. should have charged them ... isn’t there a FIFA licensing fee ..

29790911-3890-41D8-B910-9C3125475B10.jpeg

3 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

Said only to secure his supply of cocaine from the Columbians, why are they giving this fat cheat airtime?

Apparently he is there as a "FIFA Legend" and ambassador for Argentinian football.   Mind you, Wes Brown is FIFA's choice for English legend. 

On 29/06/2018 at 19:11, chalky said:

Gareth Southgate can do no wrong IMO, he has built a squad that have gelled, look like they enjoy each others company with no egos.  He has them playing a decent passing, attacking style of football which for England fans is quite refreshing.  We qualified for the knockout stages, that was the one hope England fans had, little to no mention of the knockout stages.  

Southgate is impressing me more and more, the best manager England have had for a long long time......

41 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

That should last him to half time.

And me. 😎  

Was sat in my garden looking for some peace and quiet.  As there's fcuk all  on the television and the weather is lovely when all I could hear was noisy bastards with loud tv and radios . 

Steve 

Steve

27 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

And me. 😎  

all I could hear was noisy bastards with loud tv and radios . 

Steve 

Steve

Is that right 

Steve 

Steve 

Steve 

suddley developed a stammer .. sorry 

at the business end now

any forecasts?

Friday, 6 July        
Uruguay v France    
Brazil v Belgium   

Saturday, 7 July        
Sweden v England    
Russia v Croatia    

Im hoping that Uruguay beat France as they are my pick for the tournament and I've got a few quid on them at a decent price.

Belgium vs Brazil should be a fascinating tie on paper and Brazil don't look unbeatable that's for sure so maybe the Belgians can just spring a suprise with a bit of luck,they have a team good enough to do it,certainly. 

I also think.England will beat Sweden and Croatia will be too strong for Russia, so that's my prediction, but just don't put your house on it, hehe.

3 hours ago, mike said:

at the business end now

any forecasts?

Friday, 6 July        
Uruguay v France    
Brazil v Belgium   

Saturday, 7 July        
Sweden v England    
Russia v Croatia    

Just looking at the odds before I saw this, what I'm hoping for is Uruguay and Belgium, going to have a double on those two, already backed Uruguay as the winners, [proper jinxed them]  England to win either 3-2 or 4-2,  and Russia on penalties,  not doing too bad up to now, best world cup for yonks.

Posted (edited)

Uruguay 1 v 2 France    
Brazil  2 v 2 Belgium   (Brazil win in extra time) 

Sweden 0 v 2 England    
Russia 1 v 0 Croatia 

Today’s games are stunning on paper and  tactically , could be awesome to watch ...if Cavani is out , don’t think Uraguay have a chance but I hope so as I have them in the sweep at school . 

Brazil just edge it over the Belacs for me , just hope they stop with the dramatics . 

It could be coming home for our boys although the likes of Sterling and Ali have to step up and show us what they really have other than tattoo’s and nice hair . 

Russia just edge it being host nation and players spirit . 

School summer fete on Saturday , so trying to stream it in our hall and make some more money for the school selling England merchandise ..... “ henna gun tattoos a fiver “ 

Don’t think that’ll go down to well with my Heads 

Edited by stevegods

On 04/07/2018 at 08:58, Steve S 60 said:

Here's what fat cheat Maradona had to say about it.......

And maybe he'd like to pass comment on the head butting incident also.

1 hour ago, Tai-Pan said:

And maybe he'd like to pass comment on the head butting incident also.

He's currently squeezing himself into a Swedish shirt ready for tomorrow's clash.  His entourage probably had to cut him out of the Columbian shirt he wore on Tuesday night.

Great that our players didn't rise to any of the 'awfulness'. I would have fully understood if one the England players lost it and butted someone, especially for the frustrating obstructions when corners were taken - It was done so blatantly what with wrapping their arms around them for gawds sakes.

COME ON ENGLAND!

1 hour ago, chalky said:

I doubt it very much after seeing France and Belgium.  It is a shame one of those two will be going home as they have been by far the best two teams and the likely winners, IMO.

Just a bit of fun that's all 😊

Just 3 games away ... 

I think we can beat the Swedes at asembeling flat packs as well as football . 

Then go on to beat Russia or Croatia .. I really do .

As for Belgium or France ... I thought we where the better team for most of the game against Belgium in the group stage and that was with a changed team . I think it’s all about momentum now .. and a bit of luck . 

We are not a great team by any means , in fact decidedly average in parts but the sum of those parts = desire and team spirit and a bit more belief . 

Maybe .... just maybe 

12 hours ago, chalky said:

I doubt it very much after seeing France and Belgium.  It is a shame one of those two will be going home as they have been by far the best two teams and the likely winners, IMO.

Brazil should have had a penalty, DeBruyne scored an individual effort one-off wonder goal, and if you look at the match stats Brazil bossed the match.  France are something special, but so can we be if we are at our best (which we haven’t really achieved yet).

At this stage in a knockout tournament it’s just what you do on the day that matters, not how good you are on paper.

It definitely is coming home....at least until about 5.00pm today.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

23 minutes ago, woolie mark said:

Brazil should have had a penalty, DeBruyne scored an individual effort one-off wonder goal, and if you look at the match stats Brazil bossed the match.  France are something special, but so can we be if we are at our best (which we haven’t really achieved yet).

At this stage in a knockout tournament it’s just what you do on the day that matters, not how good you are on paper.

It definitely is coming home....at least until about 5.00pm today.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

Yep definately a penalty, only the ref will know why he said no after VAR? Maybe Neymar's antics? The first 60 minutes Belgium were outstanding, only one team bossing it really up to that point.  Yes Brazil played really good too and had some great chances to have won the game.  France had a stroll in the park and weren't really tested either.

I agree, a one off game anything is possible, one or two players have an off day, things you try don't come off etc etc.  Hopefully we can create and actually put away some chances.  But yes I agree we have a chance but we will have to be at our very very best.

And that fcuking moronic song...if I never hear it again will be too soon.

9 hours ago, stevegods said:

Just 3 games away ... 

I think we can beat the Swedes at asembeling flat packs as well as football . 

Then go on to beat Russia or Croatia .. I really do .

As for Belgium or France ... I thought we where the better team for most of the game against Belgium in the group stage and that was with a changed team . I think it’s all about momentum now .. and a bit of luck . 

We are not a great team by any means , in fact decidedly average in parts but the sum of those parts = desire and team spirit and a bit more belief . 

Maybe .... just maybe 

We hardly got near Belgium, they passed it round us for fun at times.  But as I said, a one off game anything is possible.  We have to get here first.  One game at a time.

7 minutes ago, chalky said:

We hardly got near Belgium, they passed it round us for fun at times.  But as I said, a one off game anything is possible.  We have to get here first.  One game at a time.

Agree with the one game at a time .. just that you can’t help dreaming and looking at how this draw has worked out .. 

As for Belgium .. and i know you can make Stats work however you want them , but we didn’t have that bad a game against them . More passes yes .. but it’s what you do with it .. Man City showed us that all season . 

Come on England !!! 

90FE668B-0A88-486F-BD30-20881FFAD46E.png

3 hours ago, stevegods said:

As for Belgium .. and i know you can make Stats work however you want them , but we didn’t have that bad a game against them .

Yesterday Belgium was really impressive, they have a "clean" and efficient way of playing so the 1/2 should be a good spectacle. Well, I hope so. Also, I must say that Cavani's absence helped us a lot.

EUREKA in fact  ,  come on ENGLAND 😉

8 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

Whatever happened to a night at the pictures being a night at the pictures?  Now it's one film preceded by some adverts and trailers.

40 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

Well that showed Sven Goran Irksome

While I’m not A footy fan I would like England go all the way , with every body and his dog watching I took advantage of the weather & deserted roads & headed up the cat & fiddle on motor bike , had A cracking couple of hours scraping my pegs ,bring on the next game 👍🏻

3 hours ago, TattooDave said:

Sterling needs to finish his chances, should have been 3 to the good by now

Stirling has a gun tattoo because it’s his shooting leg ... yea right ..

should be a wet mop ... 

the only good thing is he’s still making the runs and wanting the ball .. just needs     to sort out his end product .. 

Maguire again ... stunning performance .. it’s funny how a big tournament can make some lesser know players shine and rise to the occasion .. top class with Trippier and Hendo’s engine keeps the midfield running hard ..

Role on Wednesday !!! 

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.