mike

World cup 2018 underway

I am happy to say that I have eaten a piece of humble pie and I apologise to Gareth Southgate as England manager. I've not much watched of he tournament and I dont know much about some of his players - the keeper for example and a few others. However, his choices so seem to be a bit inspired, his team has progressed well, and Southgate has had a massive smile on his face throughout. Good on him, and I'm very pleased for him and the team, that Ive been proved wrong.

Pete

:hatsoff2:

Posted (edited)

This is what I'm going to be singing for about two hours this evening.  Good job I'm not at work tomorrow because my voice will be completely gone.  

How exciting is this?  Win one more game and we've only gone and got in the flippin final.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

Edited by woolie mark

Posted (edited)

Not sure what the odds where before all this started, or even better, what they where just after we got beaten by Iceland but for us to go and win the bloody thing ? Anyone know ? 

Martin Luther had a dream, well Southgate has given this whole country one 🙏

Stuff Brexit and Boris !! 

Let Froome come home again and win La Tour ... 

And Sterling scores a screamer in the final ...

Maybe the last bit is pie in the sky , but we can do this. Let us eat cake and arise Sir Gareth !!! 

78CB41B4-065C-4937-B5CB-34C44F18467A.png

Edited by stevegods

MISSED GOLDEN CHANCES

We really should have put this game to bed in the first half, could of easily been 3-0
up at half time.

All this and a DODGY CONTAMINATED 4 PACK OF KRONENBOURG from the local Tesco
that nearly put me in EMERGENCY WARD NOVO-CHOC . . . Ah Well it was fun
while it lasted.

Ditto - Just about to say 'it was fun while it lasted' - It really was.

My poor 12 year old Son (Bailey) was of course in tears.

Roll on 4 years time (for more of the same)........

Len :thumbsup:

Missed chances or not. We were second best by the end of the game.  Personallynthink we should have gone 4-4-2 at half time as they were exploiting the space behind the wing backs.  Henderson was over run, Delle was nowhere to be seen nor Lingard. Kane had no one alongside when Sterling went off who was causing their centre halfs problems. 

Inexperience, players and managemnet told.  Croatia have been round the block, have some big game players and it showed.  We really need someone who could play and feed the strikers in the midfield, just like they had with Modric who is world class. 

That said most didn’t give us a prayer of getting past the group stage.  The last world cup we were on our way home after 7 days, not much longer at the Euros.  7 games in and an 8 to come really is a great achievment for such a young inexperienced squad. 

We are world champs at U17, U19.  Semi finalist and finalists at other levels.  The future isn’t as bleak as some might think, just as long as the youngsters can get some games in. 

The Euros will however be tough. Germany, Spain etc will rebuild.  The next world cup in the desert will be a write off probably for the fair skinned europeans but one can hope. 

Well done to Gareth & the team for getting so far and to the obvious all round progress. I just hope everyone incl the press remains realistic in the build up to the next Euro's because we still have some catching up to do to get to say France, Belgium, Croatia, Spain....  and I expect Germany & Italy will be back up by then,  and you are also likely to have Holland plus Denmark, Sweden and Portugal (i've prob forgotten a couple of others) who are no pushovers. 

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.