Benji

BabyBoyAndMyLass's Moderating sucks

Sorry, am not sure if this is the appropriate sub-forum.

But anyway, I strongly object to BabyBoyAndMyLass's moderating style. Deleting other member's post because they're off topic in his opinion w/out any notice is just wrong.

A moderator's duty is to monitor the respective threads and to see if anyone is going off-topic. That duty doesn't imply to delete any post that are off-topc in his rather narrow-minded opinion.

Also I noticed that he's deleting his own posts if they turned out to be inappropriate. Again, without any notice. E.g. in my thread about the Fabulous Peps, he posted a wrong youtube vid. I corrected him. He deleted his post w/out any notice. Leaving my following post without any context.

Whoever BabyBoy is, I don't know. And I don't care. I consider myself a senior member of this site. And of all the mod's I've seen over the last 15+ years I never experienced one behaving like BabyBoy before.

Rant over

Good night

Benji

PS: Many member know, english isn't my first language. I'm struggling a bit to express my opinion.

Posted (edited)

Agree that the random deleting of posts for meandering slightly off topic leaving threads disjointed and incoherent is poor practice , moderation is no easy task I know but this should be avoided where possible in my opinion .

Edited by WoodButcher

It's not as easy as one thinks at times finding the right balance.  I've found the amount of off topic rubbish has been detrimental to the site with many choosing to get their on line soul fix elsewhere or not even bothering.  I think the topics have been better for getting rid of posts that have no bearing on the topic,  although a comment may help, "off topic posts removed" etc. Yes the odd joke and a bit of banter is often necessary, especially if the topic is quite serious and heavy going but it is finding that balance and IMO the balance has swung too far the other way in recent times.

Mind you he should be sacked for deleting my "divs" comment 😂

15 minutes ago, Soulsides said:

I've seen Mike mention this many times before on here but isn't there a support forum for this kind of stuff with questions about moderation etcetera ? 

Think this is possibly the link you need to use but not 100% sure tbh.

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/source-help/

errr... this is in the right place

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/forum/41-site-stuff/

Soul Source - Site Stuff

Support & feedback site related feedback, questions, views, suggestions etc
Please browse recent topics as your issue may have already been reported/resolved.

seen yep?

------------------------

on rest of  above

thanks for all views , all feedback always appreciated

am sure simon aka @BabyBoyAndMyLass will be along soon

cheers

mike

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.