Conversation Stopper/if Looks Could Kill

KevH

HI ALL, RECENTLY AT A LOCAL NITE,GOT TALKING TO A GUY AND BECAME OBVIOUS IT WAS A LITTLE BIT OF A " MINE'S BIGGER THAN YOURS CHAT" FROM HIM. ANYWAY FROM OUT OF NOWHERE I SAID " HEARD DOTTIE CAMBRIDGE THE OTHER NITE,NOT HEARD IT SINCE GOD KNOWS WHEN.SOUNDED GOOD"...... THE LOOK ON HIS FACE whistling.gif , NEEDLESS TO SAY, HE WALKED AWAY.

LOOKED AT ME AS THOUGH I WAS TERRY F* CK WIT.

DOES THAT COUNT AS 1-0 TO ME?

COME ON ,ANY OTHER STORIES ..BE HONEST .

Social source share

• Replies 40
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

my dear kev..

did he cry his eyes out..?

8=)

bless

jc

the messiah of northern soul

he did, of course should have realised my mentioning of such a record would have met with one of two responses

;1...the one said fella gave me ..or..

;2... a complete blank look as in" what's a dottie cambridge"? whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

That wasnt very friendly of him. I dont quite get it. Were you pretending to like it as a joke to see what his reaction would be ?

Social source share

sad to say lol i visited a little soul chat room fingy...and myself and certain others met with mr " mines bigger than yours "...we spent a good half hour making up artists and songs...to which he replied invariably..." oh yer got the demo and the issue " all of course made up completely... but when faced with....ducky and the glowlighters he said..."you're making that up....pmsfl the only real record of the whole convo :lol:

cookie :shhh:

Social source share

That wasnt very friendly of him. I dont quite get it. Were you pretending to like it as a joke to see what his reaction would be ?

you know how sometimes you think out loud?.well that's what i did i suppose.i was gettin a little bored with the conversation..rare blah..wdj..£200..btw not all correct!!, and i dropped DCambridge into the mix( got bored of it years ago,then heard it with fresh ears ,sounded ok). just wondered in some circles if you only mention oldies like that in hushed tones? :thumbsup:

Social source share

sad to say lol i visited a little soul chat room fingy...and myself and certain others met with mr " mines bigger than yours "...we spent a good half hour making up artists and songs...to which he replied invariably..." oh yer got the demo and the issue " all of course made up completely... but when faced with....ducky and the glowlighters he said..."you're making that up....pmsfl the only real record of the whole convo :thumbsup:

cookie :thumbsup:

Always like to add 'Sherry & The Trifles' myself

Social source share

HI ALL, RECENTLY AT A LOCAL NITE,GOT TALKING TO A GUY AND BECAME OBVIOUS IT WAS A LITTLE BIT OF A " MINE'S BIGGER THAN YOURS CHAT" FROM HIM. ANYWAY FROM OUT OF NOWHERE I SAID " HEARD DOTTIE CAMBRIDGE THE OTHER NITE,NOT HEARD IT SINCE GOD KNOWS WHEN.SOUNDED GOOD"...... THE LOOK ON HIS FACE :thumbsup: , NEEDLESS TO SAY, HE WALKED AWAY.

LOOKED AT ME AS THOUGH I WAS TERRY F* CK WIT.

DOES THAT COUNT AS 1-0 TO ME?

COME ON ,ANY OTHER STORIES ..BE HONEST .

my DICK is very large when it is erect..........my scooter is an SX Lambretta.........my missus is a cock loving whore..........and my fav recording is by Karmello Brooks.................and I have the best Charlie in town

........................................................................Next ! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest sydney bridge

my DICK is very large when it is erect..........my scooter is an SX Lambretta.........my missus is a cock loving whore..........and my fav recording is by Karmello Brooks.................and I have the best Charlie in town

........................................................................Next ! :)

Maybe ,but I bet your Dottie Cambridge isnt a 12 incher.
Social source share

........................................................................Next ! :)

Talking about me, three on five are true... Guess what they are...? :unsure:

Roccia

Social source share

Is this the worst thread we have ever had on Soul Source? What the bloody hell is everyone on about.

Also some of the responses are just offensive.

Get real. This type of thread will drive people away.

no its not the worst thread ever there have been many worse...which bit do you find offensive??

its actually about big headed boasters who think they are better/know more have been there and got the t-shirt...basically bullshitters

cookie :)

Social source share

Pat B: "Yeh, that was Little Carl Carlton - Try me for your new love"

Nige P: "That's Junior McCants"

one extremely pregnant pause and and ashen face later

Pat B: "yes it does sound like him, but it's not"

Hey Simon :) I remeber you and Nige going on about Pat B , back then .

Social source share

Is this the worst thread we have ever had on Soul Source? What the bloody hell is everyone on about.

Also some of the responses are just offensive.

Get real. This type of thread will drive people away.

sorry Brian, IYO this is the worst thread. just looking for those moments when you want the ground to swallow you/them up,,Condor moments.. inject a little humor into what would normally be skin crawling...please tell me how this is going to drive people away. Btw ,Like Simon t's post....

Edited by KevH
Social source share

........................................................................Next ! :shades:

You lucky b*****d!

I have'nt got any of them. ranting_1.gif

Edited by Bjorn78
Social source share

........................................................................Next ! shhh.gif

So this is all about soul music and not offensive?

Social source share

my dear Brian,firstly the category is "all about the soul".,not all about the soul music.

If you're offended, then i apologise.But at least it shows you're a sensitive soul.

Why not try and participate or ignore the thread?

i did ask for any stories related to the heading(post1).

Of course your responses could be misinterpreted and be found offensive.

So if the mediators are reading the thread,please feel free to it lock off( after Brian's response), if you feel the threads too offensive,Kev. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

personally i like a bit of silly banter every now and then....peeps take this all too seriously...music is a passion of ours but if we cant laugh at ourselves its a poor show.....the word cock was used to demonstrate how many people lie to make themselves look good ( least i think he was joking about the size...if not i can pm my fone number lol )

cookie

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

On the contrary - I think this is a relevant thread, especially if it exposes and ridicules that 'I know more about everything than you do' atitude - but then going to the toilet at the hundred club always terrifies me cos you have to pass all those weirdos with the records !!! only joking! no I'm not !!!!!!!!!

Social source share

my dear Brian,firstly the category is "all about the soul".,not all about the soul music.

If you're offended, then i apologise.But at least it shows you're a sensitive soul.

Why not try and participate or ignore the thread?

i did ask for any stories related to the heading(post1).

Of course your responses could be misinterpreted and be found offensive.

So if the mediators are reading the thread,please feel free to it lock off( after Brian's response), if you feel the threads too offensive,Kev. thumbsup.gif

Thanks for giving my wife and anyone who knows me the laugh of the year by saying I'm a sensitive soul!

How do you think my response could be misinterpreted and thought to be offensive?

Social source share

Thanks for giving my wife and anyone who knows me the laugh of the year by saying I'm a sensitive soul!

How do you think my response could be misinterpreted and thought to be offensive?

hi Brian, glad you found something to laugh about,are you saying you're not a sensitive soul? wicked.gif

i was just pointing out your response could be read as antagonistic,and therefore, IYO, the thread not "worthy".(offensive to me?) :shhh:

This is not going to become a 1 on 1 Brian, although i do love an interesting literary debate.

LOVE ,PEACE AND HAPPINESS TO YOU AND YOUR MISSUS,,KEV. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Hi KevH

Are we ready for pilsley next week?.That dottie cambridge episode wasnt me was it :lol: !

hi Brian, glad you found something to laugh about,are you saying you're not a sensitive soul?
:wicked:

i was just pointing out your response could be read as antagonistic,and therefore, IYO, the thread not "worthy".(offensive to me?)
:shades:

This is not going to become a 1 on 1 Brian, although i do love an interesting literary debate.

LOVE ,PEACE AND HAPPINESS TO YOU AND YOUR MISSUS,,KEV.
:thumbsup:

Social source share

Hi KevH

Are we ready for pilsley next week?.That dottie cambridge episode wasnt me was it :wicked: !

hi rarestags,..no the DC episode wasn't you, unless we can wind the clock back to the 8 BELLS about 30 years ago :shades: .

See you at PILS.

Is the bus still on? could have another passenger on the way back...

Mark B's got nowhere to stay ,so it's all back to Dean's for a p8ss up and fry up...Kev. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Hi KEV 30 YEARS AGO AT THE EIGHT BELLS could have been me :thumbsup: .Yes the ATTIC tour bus is booked for pilsley and theres room for Mark Bicknell on the way back.Ill sort it with steve about pick up arrangements etc.

Social source share

Ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Sorry for having a sense of humer dude ! I will try and surpress it from now on...............RIGHT ON!

Social source share

Ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Sorry for having a sense of humer dude ! I will try and surpress it from now on...............RIGHT ON!

Humour ....Humour ...... Humour! ..... before you all start ATTACKING ME and thinking I am some sort of sub human with no interest in quality 6ts grooves who can not spell and has a bizzare sense or HUMOUR!!!! Still trying to surpress.................ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................HELP

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I remember talking to a guy at the 100 club, and he mentioned Yate. I replied with a few memories of the place and he said 'This has to be the only scene in the world where people pretend to be older than they really are'. Heh heh. Must be my youthful good looks. :thumbsup:

Social source share

I remember talking to a guy at the 100 club, and he mentioned Yate. I replied with a few memories of the place and he said 'This has to be the only scene in the world where people pretend to be older than they really are'. Heh heh. Must be my youthful good looks. :thumbsup:

hi Mikey, maybe you were'nt scratchin your chin and noddin in agreement in the right places whistling.gif . i know what you mean about youthful good looks though :D .

must be this easy life we lead :lol: btw,must have been a blow for guy you mentioned...not being the only one who went to Yate.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

hi Mikey, maybe you were'nt scratchin your chin and noddin in agreement in the right places :thumbsup: . i know what you mean about youthful good looks though rolleyes.gif .

must be this easy life we lead :D btw,must have been a blow for guy you mentioned...not being the only one who went to Yate.

I wouldn't mind too much but I can remember being introduced to him there!!

:lol::lol:

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

It is humour and suppress. I am not a dude, and you sound like a pillock.

Yeah buddy ...I am a right tosser .....but a least i have a laugh and have fun DUDE! See you at Prestatyn this March for a couple of allnighters! I AM the one still dancing at 07:00hrs in the morning on both days !

no boring old farts allowed!................. RIGHT ON! :thumbsup: .................

LIVING MY life ............NOT talking about it or trying to remember how great it was!!!!!!...........thanks MOSSY THE TOSSER..................TOSSER!

IF THE SCENE WAS FULL OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU............I WOULD HAVE LEFT TWICE!

If you feel the need to correct.................................correct away!

Social source share

........................................................................Next ! :thumbsup:

It was all true anyway Geezer! Whats your problem? :sleep3:tongue.gif:ohmy::shhh::shhh::lol::yes::):P:):)

Social source share

Guest mel brat

hi Mikey, maybe you were'nt scratchin your chin and noddin in agreement in the right places :sweatingbullets: . i know what you mean about youthful good looks though :thumbsup: .

must be this easy life we lead wicked.gif btw,must have been a blow for guy you mentioned...not being the only one who went to Yate.

Wots a Yate? :P

Social source share

Guest mel brat

sad to say lol i visited a little soul chat room fingy...and myself and certain others met with mr " mines bigger than yours "...we spent a good half hour making up artists and songs...to which he replied invariably..." oh yer got the demo and the issue " all of course made up completely... but when faced with....ducky and the glowlighters he said..."you're making that up....pmsfl the only real record of the whole convo :P

cookie :thumbsup:

How can we make record titles up as a joke, when cover-ups are/were such a part and parcel of the scene? Maybe the jokes on us! :sweatingbullets:unsure.gif

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

On the contrary - I think this is a relevant thread, especially if it exposes and ridicules that 'I know more about everything than you do' atitude - but then going to the toilet at the hundred club always terrifies me cos you have to pass all those weirdos with the records !!! only joking! no I'm not !!!!!!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.......If you're a fella, I'm one of those weirdos with the records that you have to pass to get to the toilet. Why does it terrify you ?

I know more about beer than I do about records (And all the smart alecs needn't bother replying to that one either...I know who you are :thumbsup: )

Social source share

Yeah buddy ...I am a right tosser .....but a least i have a laugh and have fun DUDE! See you at Prestatyn this March for a couple of allnighters! I AM the one still dancing at 07:00hrs in the morning on both days !

no boring old farts allowed!................. RIGHT ON! :thumbsup: .................

LIVING MY life ............NOT talking about it or trying to remember how great it was!!!!!!...........thanks MOSSY THE TOSSER..................TOSSER!

IF THE SCENE WAS FULL OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU............I WOULD HAVE LEFT TWICE!

If you feel the need to correct.................................correct away!

Mossy,

I apologise. I shouldn't have written that. I was out of order.

All the best

Brian

Social source share

Mossy,

I apologise. I shouldn't have written that. I was out of order.

All the best

Brian

No problem Buddy, accepted, I was only pranking about too, have a great new year! :unsure: xx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert