Mike

Poll: Version Battle - I Have Faith in You  

1. 1. . Which Version does it for you?

• Edwin Starr
    • Doni Burdick

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, JoeSoap said:

Edwin Starr, obviously.

Doni Burdick sounds a bit weak heard through this medium but I'm sure it sounded better cranked up through a primitive sound system in an atmospheric dancehall. Or maybe it was the drugs? Lol!

I have to confess that I voted for Doni - based really on my memories of hearing it out - but after taking the time to listen to both properly, clearly Edwin by a mile! Definitely got that one wrong.

But what a pair of double siders they are!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

19 hours ago, Rich B said:

I have to confess that I voted for Doni - based really on my memories of hearing it out - but after taking the time to listen to both properly, clearly Edwin by a mile! Definitely got that one wrong.

But what a pair of double siders they are!

This I can emphasis with... Doni Burdick's voice is... only that BUT his mastering AND ORCHESTRATION job is so impressive that we have to lend an ear from the first note... then comes in Doni's voice and if you listen to it, you JUST fall out of love with it...

Meaning that the label's name 'SOUND IMPRESSION' is well deserved. For that I favor Doni's instrumental work on 'Bari's track'. Oh and I voted naturally for Ed on this one. Off course ! How else. Pedigree credits and feast for the ear's tastebuds connected to the heart (=SOUL).

Every ear-dication of Edwin's 'I have faith in you' heartfelt vocal performance, so strong it is, I just can't help singing along to it... Only hoping no one around hears me... Hopefully muffled by the fantastic Funk Bro's outstanding performance...

Social source share

Spanner in the works? Clearly Edwin, and that’s where I sent my vote, however we should concider the includion of the Donnie inst with girlie backing? That’s the white / green label Sound impression release? Also seen an acetate from Mick Smith some years back called Lebron Strings. 

Its a separate audio experience all on its own, we need to discuss this.... laughs 

malcolm 

Social source share

ok than a  monday and a new month is as good a time as any to close this current poll

the final result is

Edwin Starr 86%
Doni Burdick 14%

interesting poll and discussion and thanks to all who took part :thumbsup:

over to the winner Edwin to close...

• Up vote 2
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!