shufflin

Reject calls to ban Staffordshire Bull Terriers

I've never owned a Staffy, but I have walked them for other people and I've always found them an absolute joy, when people know the dog even when it's a different person walking they'll smile as the dog recognises them and starts doing the peculiar walk that they have, when not only their tails wag, but 3/4 of their body too.  

5 hours ago, TattooDave said:

Sorry for your loss, she looks like a Shiba Inu in her face, also a smiling dog breed.  What was her colour classed as? as I'd probably try and get one similar.

Phoebe was classed as red ! I wouldn’t have another the same colour as wouldnt like anyone comparing the 2 ! She won A competition 4 best looking dog & we won an oil painting of her ! Tho  was an ordeal trying get her sit still

1 hour ago, hornet said:

Phoebe was classed as red ! I wouldn’t have another the same colour as wouldnt like anyone comparing the 2 ! She won A competition 4 best looking dog & we won an oil painting of her ! Tho  was an ordeal trying get her sit still

Probably wise not going for a red, but I can understand her winning a best looking dog competition, I've not seen a red before and she looked stunning.  Was she painted from life, or a photo?  Any dog would find sitting for an artist quite an ordeal, I have no idea how Sir Edwin Landseer ever managed his great dog paintings.

They took A photo 1st , this is the painting minus my son who was going through chemotherapy @ the time & wouldn’t thank me 4 posting the full pic with him not looking @ his best 😞

Edited by hornet
Error

On 25/06/2018 at 18:49, jumpinjoan said:

Signed and quietly fuming. I too own a staffie and she's the sweetest, most loving dog you could ever hope for. Thinking about starting a 'ban dangerous owners of dogs' petition as that's where the problem [usually] lies x

Totally 100% - bad owners are the problem

More than silently fuming today. Popped out at of work at 12pm to do some shopping and found a poor little dog tied to railings, with no shade whatsoever, in 30° heat. The owner had popped into the arcade to do some shopping. God knows how long she had been there before I saw her. 

I had a bottle of water with me but nothing to put it in so used my glasses case. Poor little thing was shaking she was so dehydrated. Moved her into the shade and stayed with her for 45 minutes, by this time a crowd of arcade security and other council staff were there too. Still no sign of the owner. By 12.55 we'd all had enough of waiting and my colleagues took the gorgeous wee thing to the Town Hall.

Half an hour later the irresponsible tw*t of an owner turned up. Seriously, wtf???? 

Edited by jumpinjoan

19 minutes ago, jumpinjoan said:

More than silently fuming today. Popped out at of work at 12pm to do some shopping and found a poor little dog tied to railings, with no shade whatsoever, in 30° heat. The owner had popped into the arcade to do some shopping. God knows how long she had been there before I saw her. 

I had a bottle of water with me but nothing to put it in so used my glasses case. Poor little thing was shaking she was so dehydrated. Moved her into the shade and stayed with her for 45 minutes, by this time a crowd of arcade security and other council staff were there too. Still no sign of the owner. By 12.55 we'd all had enough of waiting and my colleagues took the gorgeous wee thing to the Town Hall.

Half an hour later the irresponsible tw*t of an owner turned up. Seriously, wtf???? 

Should have tied the ‘owner ‘ up to the railings and let the dog go to a good home . 

40 minutes ago, jumpinjoan said:

Hi Joan. I hope your ok. 

Good job mate. Well done

Peter 

5 hours ago, jumpinjoan said:

the dangers of doing this to dogs have been talked about forever, so it's them choosing to gamble with the dogs health, my dog gets early and late walks in this heat, otherwise we play tug indoors, fans on - question though - are we allowed to smash a car window if we a see a dog in distress or do we have to call & wait for emergency services?

Edited by shufflin

10 hours ago, shufflin said:

the dangers of doing this to dogs have been talked about forever, so it's them choosing to gamble with the dogs health, my dog gets early and late walks in this heat, otherwise we play tug indoors, fans on - question though - are we allowed to smash a car window if we a see a dog in distress or do we have to call & wait for emergency services?

According to the law you might be guilty of criminal damage, best to call the Police, RSPCA etc. and wait, unless it's in a terrible state.  

3 hours ago, tosh said:

Just signed.

Its a great shame that they are the go to dog for all manner of wankers up and down the country.

They are such a happy breed when raised correctly

🤔

21 hours ago, shufflin said:

I wouldn't hesitate to smash the window if a dog was suffering.  I'd happily take my chances with the old bill - if I did get prosecuted, well WTF, I'd pay a fine any day.

Pete

I have just signed, I have loved Stafford`s all of my life having owned five of these great dogs I will hopefully die owning one of them if I have anything to do with it. How things change during the 60`s and early seventies we had the only Stafford on our estate  ( Bushbury Wolverhampton) a red called Rex . Wish I had a pound for each one there is today. Stafford`s are one of the few things in life I have any interest apart from this great music of ours and my old car habit.

Signed, so has the wife and our lads they have got 32 of their friends on board who are now spreading the word. I think we can take sollace in the fact that very little of what PETA tries on comes to anything they are regarded universally as a laughing stock yet borderline dangerous, people on here may or may not be familiar with Games Workshop, a massive company based in Nottingham, they manufacture as huge amount of fantasy based military models many of whom wear animal fur on clothing items such as coats

and boots, not real fur of course as the models are quite small and made of plastic, PETA tried to get this tiny plastic fur banned, to say they were met with mockery is a huge understatement, so chin up they will not take our babies.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.