Shufflin profile photo

Reject calls to ban Staffordshire Bull Terriers

Freebasing Shufflin

Posted

As a Staffy owner I find this PETA madness upsetting, be grateful if people could sign the petition rejecting the PETA call to ban Staffys

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/222419

• Up vote 2

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted
28 minutes ago, shufflin said:

As a Staffy owner I find this PETA madness upsetting, be grateful if people could sign the petition rejecting the PETA call to ban Staffys

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/222419

just signed

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted

Signed and quietly fuming. I too own a staffie and she's the sweetest, most loving dog you could ever hope for. Thinking about starting a 'ban dangerous owners of dogs' petition as that's where the problem [usually] lies x

• Up vote 11
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted

Signed

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted (edited)

We took our girl to the pub after a walk on the weekend, it was very busy, everyone sitting on picnic tables in the large outside garden area enjoying the beer & sun - we had plenty of people coming up and asking to pet her, including a few parents letting toddlers stroke her and so on - it's the idiot owners (of all breeds) to blame not the dogs

Edited by shufflin
  • Up vote 8

soul source url
Posted

Signed.

When will people learn, it's always the owners? Ban the bad ones from keeping dogs of any description, ban staffies and the twats, well, they'll just move on to another breed won't they?

• Up vote 5
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted

Signed👍🏽

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted

Signed, and shared.

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted

Done,mate.

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted

Signed 

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted

Had three all rescued - still got two Betty & Stanley. Crave love & human contact not vilification by PETA. Duly signed & shared. 

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted

Signed.

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted

Signed 👍

With out a doubt in my mind one of the best dogs you could ever want . they tick all the boxes.

Loyal, friendly, affectionate , great company and child friendly. 

This really needs stopping.

• Up vote 3
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted (edited)

I saw someone kicking and dragging a staffie pup across the road from my office window. I took the dog off him and called the police. Good on the old bill - they arrested him and prosecuted him. The dog was taken to a local rehoming place. 

Unfortunately staffies are a trophy dog for many that are on the periphery, or engaged in, criminal activity. Usually associated with drug and alcohol related activity. 

Pete

ps - had I not been an upstanding citizen, and able to have remained anonymous, I would have smacked the cowardly wanker. 

Edited by Peter99
  • Up vote 10

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Lost Phoebe last week ,aged 13 , house is empty without her , post-17985-0-55848400-1427870885_thumb.jpg

Edited by hornet
  • Up vote 5

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, hornet said:

Lost Phoebe last week ,aged 13 , house is empty without her , post-17985-0-55848400-1427870885_thumb.jpg

Sorry for your loss, she looks like a Shiba Inu in her face, also a smiling dog breed.  What was her colour classed as? as I'd probably try and get one similar.

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted

Phoebe is gorgeous. Here's Bettsy, as you can tell she's a truly dangerous beast that needs banning. The second one is her in her favourite place next to her favourite thing x

20170128_195941.jpg

20161211_113346.jpg

• Up vote 7

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Have had two Staffys the big loves of my life , Scarlett from a pup great with people but mildly psycotic with other dogs but easy enough t control and Tig the rescue dog she was in a state when we got her but a beutifull natured dog they both lived for 14 years and I still miss  them . 

Picture TIGGY (1).jpg

Edited by Mark S
  • Up vote 5

soul source url
Posted

Duly Signed

I have had 3 Staffies over a period of 40 years all living to a ripe old age, and never had a problem with any of them. Just the best breed in the world when handled properly.

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted

It is the bad owners I agree - I am one who has always been scared to death of (all) dogs. They sense it, so doesn't help that first meeting.

A while back I knocked on a customer’s front door who wanted something sorted on her garden gate...."Bark bark bark"......"Here we go"......She opened the door, and (of course) the dog went straight for me......"It's never done that before"..........Really irritating, and an unpleasant experience.

Another time, I was in the local park with my (then) two year old daughter - Two staffies came hurtling towards us. I immediately picked up my daughter and froze, with the dogs barking at me. I hasten to add, the two dogs were just excited, they didn't go for us. But. The owner took an age to call them away....."They won't hurt you"...... I can't help being scared of dogs, but still agree it's the stupid owners that spoil it for those that have common sense / are respectful of those around them / and look after their dogs properly.

In contrast to 'all of the above', here's a pic of me and some dogs that I wouldn't have dreamed of being anywhere near, thanks to Robbo who put me completely at ease - He even left the room for a while, and I was fine with them. I wish all dog owners had some sense. 

All the best,

Len (In a scared but understanding way) :thumbsup:

You should have seen the size of the dog taking the photo :D

Wow.jpg.e5a0d97c76c6a4e1e7963056cf0f3e21.jpg

• Up vote 9

soul source url
Posted

I've never owned a Staffy, but I have walked them for other people and I've always found them an absolute joy, when people know the dog even when it's a different person walking they'll smile as the dog recognises them and starts doing the peculiar walk that they have, when not only their tails wag, but 3/4 of their body too.  

• Up vote 4

soul source url
Posted
5 hours ago, TattooDave said:

Sorry for your loss, she looks like a Shiba Inu in her face, also a smiling dog breed.  What was her colour classed as? as I'd probably try and get one similar.

Phoebe was classed as red ! I wouldn’t have another the same colour as wouldnt like anyone comparing the 2 ! She won A competition 4 best looking dog & we won an oil painting of her ! Tho  was an ordeal trying get her sit still

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, hornet said:

Phoebe was classed as red ! I wouldn’t have another the same colour as wouldnt like anyone comparing the 2 ! She won A competition 4 best looking dog & we won an oil painting of her ! Tho  was an ordeal trying get her sit still

Probably wise not going for a red, but I can understand her winning a best looking dog competition, I've not seen a red before and she looked stunning.  Was she painted from life, or a photo?  Any dog would find sitting for an artist quite an ordeal, I have no idea how Sir Edwin Landseer ever managed his great dog paintings.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

5284A43A-14AA-465D-9891-EB656B2E7464.jpeg

• Up vote 6

soul source url
Posted (edited)

They took A photo 1st , this is the painting minus my son who was going through chemotherapy @ the time & wouldn’t thank me 4 posting the full pic with him not looking @ his best 😞

Edited by hornet
Error
  • Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted (edited)

thanks everyone, the petition has passed the 100,000 mark which means

'Parliament considers all petitions that get more than 100,000 signatures for a debate

Waiting for a debate date'

- next step I'm writing to my MP!

Edited by shufflin
typo
  • Up vote 5

soul source url
Posted

Got on this a bit late.  I have posted this to all fellow owners I know.

When will the public learn, it is rarely the dog, more likely the owner with poor ownership skills.

Chris.

• Up vote 7
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted

We`ve Signed. Got to stick with our brothers!

20180307_180712.jpg

• Up vote 6

soul source url
Posted

Signed.

This is our beautiful girl blossom.

DSCF1516.JPG

• Up vote 8

soul source url
Posted

Star is a happy girl, bonkers but loves everybody, won 'dog of the month' in a local thing not long ago

star.jpg

• Up vote 6

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Meet Medli

EC85002D-11C1-44DE-9E67-0624C3632F52.jpeg

Edited by hornet
  • Up vote 6

soul source url
Posted
On 25/06/2018 at 18:49, jumpinjoan said:

Signed and quietly fuming. I too own a staffie and she's the sweetest, most loving dog you could ever hope for. Thinking about starting a 'ban dangerous owners of dogs' petition as that's where the problem [usually] lies x

Totally 100% - bad owners are the problem

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted

Signed. My friends have had quite a few Staffies  over the years, they are Great pets, a crying shame bad ownership has given them a bad reputation. 

14316722_1291978620815023_6293289097153283425_n.jpg

31841764_1923914034288142_7200737461742338048_n.jpg

1546404_945672658778956_1937235800133071531_n.jpg

• Up vote 5

soul source url
Posted
On 26/06/2018 at 21:56, hornet said:

Meet Medli

EC85002D-11C1-44DE-9E67-0624C3632F52.jpeg

Wow. Isn’t he/she beautiful. 

Pete 

soul source url
Posted (edited)

More than silently fuming today. Popped out at of work at 12pm to do some shopping and found a poor little dog tied to railings, with no shade whatsoever, in 30° heat. The owner had popped into the arcade to do some shopping. God knows how long she had been there before I saw her. 

I had a bottle of water with me but nothing to put it in so used my glasses case. Poor little thing was shaking she was so dehydrated. Moved her into the shade and stayed with her for 45 minutes, by this time a crowd of arcade security and other council staff were there too. Still no sign of the owner. By 12.55 we'd all had enough of waiting and my colleagues took the gorgeous wee thing to the Town Hall.

Half an hour later the irresponsible tw*t of an owner turned up. Seriously, wtf???? 

Edited by jumpinjoan
  • Up vote 4

soul source url
Posted
19 minutes ago, jumpinjoan said:

More than silently fuming today. Popped out at of work at 12pm to do some shopping and found a poor little dog tied to railings, with no shade whatsoever, in 30° heat. The owner had popped into the arcade to do some shopping. God knows how long she had been there before I saw her. 

I had a bottle of water with me but nothing to put it in so used my glasses case. Poor little thing was shaking she was so dehydrated. Moved her into the shade and stayed with her for 45 minutes, by this time a crowd of arcade security and other council staff were there too. Still no sign of the owner. By 12.55 we'd all had enough of waiting and my colleagues took the gorgeous wee thing to the Town Hall.

Half an hour later the irresponsible tw*t of an owner turned up. Seriously, wtf???? 

Should have tied the ‘owner ‘ up to the railings and let the dog go to a good home . 

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted
40 minutes ago, jumpinjoan said:

Hi Joan. I hope your ok. 

Good job mate. Well done

Peter 

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
36 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Hi Joan. I hope your ok. 

Good job mate. Well done

Peter 

Good thank you Peter, hope you are too x

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, jumpinjoan said:

the dangers of doing this to dogs have been talked about forever, so it's them choosing to gamble with the dogs health, my dog gets early and late walks in this heat, otherwise we play tug indoors, fans on - question though - are we allowed to smash a car window if we a see a dog in distress or do we have to call & wait for emergency services?

Edited by shufflin
  • Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Of course the problem lies with irresponsible dog owners but that's too big a problem to be solved by any government in power. I'm afraid banning certain dog breeds is according to them the simplest, quickest and most direct solution to the problem and probably a nice little vote winner on the quiet.

You can bet that whilst Staffy's are currently top of the 'dogs to be banned list' there's almost certainly a long list to other dog breeds just waiting behind them to be banned when the Government think the time's right.

Here's my dog Ruby aged at least 11+ years old. Part Staffy, part Labrador, part Collie.

Derek

593257333_Ruby@BarkInThePark25_02_18b.thumb.jpg.93765b39794b1ae2e5cc9070d2db203e.jpg

• Up vote 5

soul source url
Posted
10 hours ago, shufflin said:

the dangers of doing this to dogs have been talked about forever, so it's them choosing to gamble with the dogs health, my dog gets early and late walks in this heat, otherwise we play tug indoors, fans on - question though - are we allowed to smash a car window if we a see a dog in distress or do we have to call & wait for emergency services?

According to the law you might be guilty of criminal damage, best to call the Police, RSPCA etc. and wait, unless it's in a terrible state.  

soul source url
Posted

Signed I walk dogs at an animal rescue,staffies are lovely & affectionate, it's the irrisponsible owners that need training.

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted

Just signed.

Its a great shame that they are the go to dog for all manner of wankers up and down the country.

They are such a happy breed when raised correctly

• Up vote 5

soul source url
Posted
3 hours ago, tosh said:

Just signed.

Its a great shame that they are the go to dog for all manner of wankers up and down the country.

They are such a happy breed when raised correctly

🤔

soul source url
Posted
21 hours ago, shufflin said:

I wouldn't hesitate to smash the window if a dog was suffering.  I'd happily take my chances with the old bill - if I did get prosecuted, well WTF, I'd pay a fine any day.

Pete

• Up vote 4

soul source url
Posted

I have just signed, I have loved Stafford`s all of my life having owned five of these great dogs I will hopefully die owning one of them if I have anything to do with it. How things change during the 60`s and early seventies we had the only Stafford on our estate  ( Bushbury Wolverhampton) a red called Rex . Wish I had a pound for each one there is today. Stafford`s are one of the few things in life I have any interest apart from this great music of ours and my old car habit.

• Up vote 4

soul source url
Posted

Signed, so has the wife and our lads they have got 32 of their friends on board who are now spreading the word. I think we can take sollace in the fact that very little of what PETA tries on comes to anything they are regarded universally as a laughing stock yet borderline dangerous, people on here may or may not be familiar with Games Workshop, a massive company based in Nottingham, they manufacture as huge amount of fantasy based military models many of whom wear animal fur on clothing items such as coats

and boots, not real fur of course as the models are quite small and made of plastic, PETA tried to get this tiny plastic fur banned, to say they were met with mockery is a huge understatement, so chin up they will not take our babies.

• Up vote 3
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted

They're just discussing this on BBC1 now.  The PETA representative is having a hard time putting their case across.

soul source url
Posted
On 28/06/2018 at 22:43, Peter99 said:

Wow. Isn’t he/she beautiful. 

Pete 

3766D64B-6951-489A-869F-8F54BFA6A470.thumb.jpeg.5515f6353a1998777cab87d439bcc025.jpegShe A biter when awake 

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
14 minutes ago, hornet said:

3766D64B-6951-489A-869F-8F54BFA6A470.thumb.jpeg.5515f6353a1998777cab87d439bcc025.jpegShe A biter when awake 

That doesn't stop her being beautiful, teething is traumatic for tiny terriers.

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.