Sweet & Low Specials, 9 killas !!!!!

Sweet & Low Specials, 9 killas !!!!!
All are Mint/Mint-, never seen a needle !!!, something for ever pocket
Sugar - I want you/Most important thing - True Soul £55
From the cool Little rock label come this classic sweet soul stepper, killa harmonies and so sweet lead vocals. Flip is the addition of of a crossover gem, that has killa shades of Arnold Blair

Curtis Wiggins - Can't buy love with money/Stand up when I talk to you - Palm £100
One time member of the Louisville Heartbreakers brings us this killa two sider. Starting off with a spoken intro, the A side moves into a pleading slice of stunning mature sweet soul. The flip is a midtempo horns and things funky destroyer ....

Epics - Lets walk in the lime-light/I want to be your girl - Zot £150
What a two sides slice of group harmony sweet soul, now real hard to find. A side with it soaring lead vocals matched with superb backing vocals, strings and things. Flip side had been over looked due to the popularity of the A side, but mid tempo crossover group perfection.............

Brighter Side Of Darkness - Because I love you/Ooh bay - Starvue £15
This has Chicago written all over it, full production backing, strings, horns oh so good. Teen sweet lead vocals back by stylish backing harmonies. Flip continues the classic Chicago sound into a mid tempo crossover winner.

Bobbie Roberson - Don't leave me baby - Bolivia £50
What more can be said about this indemand killa 2 sider. This has become, over the years a 'Lowrider' classic, with the bonus of a nice crossover flip. Soulful in the extreme, female lead over male group harmonies

Spec & The G.H. Outlaw Gang - Hell girl/I wonder about myself - Faces £45
Outta Shreveport, La comes this unique slice of jazz style vocals over powerful horn section and swirling keyboard, but soul with a capitol 'S'. Flip and it don't stop, a total funky dancefloor destroyer, what a two sider ............

Samuel T. Robinson - Somewhere in Mississippi - Vimla £15
One of the great southern deep soul sides, pleading vocals with haunting keyboard passages, his broken heart is plain to hear.............

Impalas - Think it over - Down To Earth £15
Now we are in 'Lowrider' heaven, questioning lead vocalist with great harmony response backing vocals, then the bonus of a full classic Chicago backing, sublime

Soul Searchers - (My) Living won't be in vain/Gone on home - Memorial £60
Last one for today, is soulful gospel heaven that just raps you in a warm blanket of goodness, classic oh so soulful message song one side, flip is a great tribute song to MLK
IMPORTANT these all have water damaged labels, wax is mint, never seen a needle, but has a little residual in grooves from years of storage, but play close to mint !!!!

Thanks for looking www.topdogrecords.co.uk
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source