surfcity

Willie Hutch / Bobby Hutton

8 hours ago, dougielawton said:

green sleeve with horizontal lines 1976-1979 according to uk 45 rpm sleeves book ( it's a brilliant book )

Thank you sir - as I thought but not having bought it at the time wasn't completely sure .

strange one this as the ABC label on this was plain cream if I remember, nothing like the multi-couloured labels for the floaters and Marilyn mcoo etc being released at the same time.

also released then was the reflections adam and eve with possibly the august and deneen we go together on the flip.

about the same time as my first all-dayer at reading top rank when chris hill brought all the funk and soul fans down into the main hall as the upper dance room was too small for them

3 hours ago, ganesh said:

strange one this as the ABC label on this was plain cream if I remember, nothing like the multi-couloured labels for the floaters and Marilyn mcoo etc being released at the same time.

also released then was the reflections adam and eve with possibly the august and deneen we go together on the flip.

about the same time as my first all-dayer at reading top rank when chris hill brought all the funk and soul fans down into the main hall as the upper dance room was too small for them

Maybe that's why I never recall seeing one in the green striped sleeve - just assumed that they were sleeved the same as other current issues . Maybe different as they were 'northern' releases and not current ?

4 hours ago, ganesh said:

Also released was Eddie Regan hide and seek and the sapphires version of gonna be a big thing

Regarding the Bobby Hutton/Willy Hutch,some 'dodgy' copies appeared a few years ago, these did not have the 'anti slip milling' around the label and were generally seen as boots.  

eddie regan and sapphires - yes I remember that - and then hearing how atmospheric eddie regan sounded through the sound system.  I still have my ABC demo of that picked up about 40 years ago

10 hours ago, concrete said:

Regarding the Bobby Hutton/Willy Hutch,some 'dodgy' copies appeared a few years ago, these did not have the 'anti slip milling' around the label and were generally seen as boots.  

Font all wrong as well - easy to spot .

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, concrete said:

I noticed these, and the fact that they could reach £30 or more at the time they appeared.

Edited by gogs

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.