harold soul club bradford no more

after sixteen and a bit years myself Lawrence and jools are calling it a day at the Harold soul club  numbers droping a little so we go out on a high

massive thanks to all who have been over the years love you all 

Lawrence and jools 

Edited by algsoul
Social source share

Sad sad day a proper club run by 2 genuine  lads and lasses in it for the right reasons not just for financial gains had the pleasure of djing there a few times in the early days what ever you do jooles and Lawrence good luck and good health to you both the Harold was brilliant atb yocky and Mandy 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

24 minutes ago, Stubbsy said:

Sorry to hear you're closing The Harold Lawrence. Enjoyed a few good nights there! Proper soul club/music!

thanks we have allways tried to play a good mix of atb  but most seem to want just northern 

Edited by algsoul
Social source share

Sad news Lawrence about your father our thoughts are with you.

We only attended The Harold Club on a few occasions and we were met with open arms by yourself Jules and the two Sue's all such lovely people.

The music was always of the highest standard the regulars always greeted us with friendly smiles, the dance floor one of the best around, so sad at the closure, thanks for the memories of such good nights some of the best.

We look forward to seeing you and please pass on our best wishes to Jules and the two Sue's.

Your Friends from Manchester Al Kev Pat & Sue x

• Up vote 1
Social source share

What a sad day for the soul scene. Just got back from Whitby, fantastic weekend and hear this news. I have had the pleasure of DJing at this great club many times. Bev and all the Rammy crew where always given a tremendous welcome. I do know how you are both feeling, been there. But always remember this Jools & Laurence, you have given many people including myself many happy soulful memories. 

All the best for the future, see you around. 

Regards Des & Bev. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Sorry to hear this The Harold Soul Club was a great Soul Club! 

Run by 2 Great Dj's and Great lads Jools & Lawrence, l also worked there and always had a great night!!

l'm sure that you will keep going, and you will find another venue soon.

All the very best for the future.

Pete Roberts The Twisted Wheel Club.

Edited by Pete Roberts
Social source share

2 hours ago, Pete Roberts said:

Sorry to hear this The Harold Soul Club was a great Soul Club! 

Run by 2 Great Dj's and Great lads Jools & Lawrence, l also worked there and always had a great night!!

l'm sure that you will keep going, and you will find another venue soon.

All the very best for the future.

Pete Roberts The Twisted Wheel Club.

thanks pete/des/alan

Social source share

On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 21:14, algsoul said:

thanks we have allways tried to play a good mix of atb  but most seem to want just northern 

I know what you mean Lawrence! I, personally, would always prefer to hear atb but it seems a lot of the folks that go out nowadays only want to hear classic oldies and not interested in hearing anything else 😪

• Up vote 1
Social source share

This came up on Facebook earlier in the week and I was sorry to hear this Lawrence and Jools. The Harold Soul Club was on our list of venues to visit later this year but unfortunately that won’t be able to happen now. Are you having a ‘last ever’ night or is that it done now?

Having met with you over many years in Jersey I can honestly say you are two of the nicest blokes in the business. Lawrence you personally introduced me to the RL Burnside track and sold me my first £50 record (Gerry Gainey You Don’t Love Me) which I later sold for £100 so I owe you a pint or two in Jersey mate! Good luck in the future and whatever happens see you in Jersey.

Jim

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!