Watts 103rd Chelsea Bank

Guest ganesh

Guest ganesh

About 40 years ago I brought Watts 103rd Chelsea Bank - Get It- Heritage (multi-coloured label) as a cover -up (Royal Spades - World's Greatest Lover)

It's one of the sounds I like to play on the odd occasion I do get the Vinyl out at home.

Does anybody else know it, have it or play it?  I never saw another copy listed or at a niter in the 10 years or so I was going regularly and only keep up with what I see on these website now.

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Watts Chelsea Bank (Heritage) was a May 71 release, the Red Fox 45 seems to date from earlier (69?) and that label was based out of Pittsburgh ...   producers Gary Knight & Gene Allan seemed to have some Canadian connections as they had a 45 out on Roulette by Castle Creek (A Canadian rock band) around the same time that the Heritage 45 escaped ...

As writers, (earlier on) Gary Knight had worked a lot with Bob Crewe AND Gene Allan had written songs with / for Bobby Vinton, then the Archies. He went on to do songs cut by the likes of Marian Love, Jay & Techniques, Donny Beaumont, Jimmy Jackson, Sarah Dash, Floaters, Don Downing, Lenny Williams, Marlena Shaw, Loleatta Holloway, etc (some of those songs written with Gary Knight).

In 74, the two guys produced (& wrote) for J Kelly & Premiers (Roadshow / UK People).

WattsChelseaBank45.jpg

Edited by Roburt
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!