Soul Revolution Allnighter Feb 24th

Guest James Trouble

Guest James Trouble

med_gallery_663_811_526077.jpg

Saturday 24th February at The Bedroom EC2. 10pm till 6am. £10 entry.

Room 1: Northern Soul

DJs: Butch, Arthur Fenn, Mick H, Val Palmer + James Trouble.

This is a great space with large wooden dance floor and classy booth seating.

Room 2: Deepfunk

DJs: Ian Wright, Snowboy, Jazzman Gerald, Fryer + The Legendary Rustler.

This room will be hosting the launch of Ian's Sister Funk 2 compilation on Jazzman Records.

Room 3: Soul Or Nothing Suite

DJs: Steve Cato, Adam Leaver + guests playing Jamaican soul, beat ballads, crossover, weird gear and anything else they fancy.

This room has it's own bed, it's own bar and a great sound system. A place for the soul connoisseurs.

This event will be bringing together the full circle of rare soul and funk from the 60s and 70s, played off original vinyl only. A celebration of forgotten genius, an all night dance party of the highest standards.

Further details and website to follow...

Edited by James Trouble
  • Replies 256
  • Views 16.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Guest James Trouble

For those who have not heard, Simon Bendle who was well known on the funk and mod scenes was recently murdered by the mother of his children.

One of the last posts that Simon made on the funk board was that he was going to be coming to Soul Revolution with his friends and fellow mods gavin from shotgun, steve,james.phil ,joel and a few others

As a mark of respect we will be playing a set of Simon's recent favourate records which include Honey And The Bees "Love Addict" and The Soul Hustlers "Super Party" and I will also be donating any profits that I may make from this event to his two children oliver and giorgi.

Truely shocking news :thumbsup:

This room has it's own private bed, it's own bar and a great sound system. A place for the soul connaisseurs.

I'm sorry if i'm a bit thick.... but the mind boggles it really does!

Seeings as the connaisseurs get their own private bed.... what do the connoisseurs get?

PS: Very sad what happened to your friend.... hope you have a really busy night and raise loads of cash for those two children.

Guest James Trouble

I'm sorry if i'm a bit thick.... but the mind boggles it really does!

Seeings as the connaisseurs get their own private bed.... what do the connoisseurs get?

PS: Very sad what happened to your friend.... hope you have a really busy night and raise loads of cash for those two children.

I'm not sure "friend" is the right word, I didn't know him personally, he was someone who was well known on the funk and mod forums. A very knowledgable and influential voice. We all respected him, his knowledge, his opinion, his taste.

It's not much, but we feel for the children that are left behind and would jsut like to do somthing to show our respect, through the music, the club, the dancing.

And Joan, we'll be hopeing to attract connoisseurs of rare soul music, not connoisseurs of countdown or scrabble :wicked: Bloody students, you all think you're so clever :thumbsup::shades:

Edited by James Trouble

For those who have not heard, Simon Bendle who was well known on the funk and mod scenes was recently murdered by the mother of his children.

One of the last posts that Simon made on the funk board was that he was going to be coming to Soul Revolution with his friends and fellow mods gavin from shotgun, steve,james.phil ,joel and a few others

As a mark of respect we will be playing a set of Simon's recent favourate records which include Honey And The Bees "Love Addict" and The Soul Hustlers "Super Party" and I will also be donating any profits that I may make from this event to his two children oliver and giorgi.

Truely shocking news :wicked:

Hi James

Not sure if i know Simon or not,its a small scene and chances are that i do...Really sad news indeed..I will drop you a pm...

Maybe you should take the private bed bit out of the post :thumbsup: ,not sure what people will think..

Guest James Trouble

I've taken the 'private' bit out. But the bed is a four poster with curtains you can draw close. It's pretty private in there if you want it to be :thumbsup:

I think Simon's close friends will be organising a proper tribute event for him, but donating any profits from the launch of Soul Revolution to his two children somehow seems the right thing to do.

There is more information about Simon's passing here.

Edited by James Trouble

Truely shocking news sad.gif

Simon was a top bloke - swapped a good few cd's with him in the past...

Looks like a good night - looking forward to it!

Guest James Trouble

Some slightly bad news, spoke to the venue today and it doesn't look like there will be an allnight kitchen serving soul food like I had originally planned, there will be snacks available, like nachos, nibbles, that sort of thing. But the soul food menu is a no goer, for the first event at least. There are plenty of restaurants and cafes in the area though.

I'm not quite sure how much of blow this is for you lot wicked.gif:lol:

Edited by James Trouble

Some slightly bad news, spoke to the venue today and it doesn't look like there will be an allnight kitchen serving soul food like I had originally planned, there will be snacks available, like nachos, nibbles, that sort of thing. But the soul food menu is a no goer, for the first event at least. There are plenty of restaurants and cafes in the area though.

I'm not quite sure how much of blow this is for you lot wicked.gif:lol:

Well at least you have given us plenty of notice of the 'no show soul kitchen'. :lol: Mind you by the time this event comes around I'd have been able to build you one. Good luck with this James and I hope to make it.

Warren

• 3 weeks later...

Well at least you have given us plenty of notice of the 'no show soul kitchen'. :shades: Mind you by the time this event comes around I'd have been able to build you one. Good luck with this James and I hope to make it.

Warren

IF THIS THIS BLEEDING RAIN CONTINUES YOU BETTER BUILD A 'SOUL-ARK' TOO ...BE GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN..CHEERS CHRIS M thumbsup.gif
Guest James Trouble

Website is being polished off now, will be online within the hour...

Tickets are now printed as well and on sale. You can either buy them online and they'll be posted out or you can collect/pay me in person. This weekend I am in north London, DJing at the Mouse Trap allnighter on Saturday and probably down at Deepfunk on Friday if anyone wants to pick up from me at either of those two soul holes...

thumbsup.gif

Website is being polished off now, will be online within the hour...

Tickets are now printed as well and on sale. You can either buy them online and they'll be posted out or you can collect/pay me in person. This weekend I am in north London, DJing at the Mouse Trap allnighter on Saturday and probably down at Deepfunk on Friday if anyone wants to pick up from me at either of those two soul holes...

thumbsup.gif

Plenty of interest from North of Watford should be a night to remember and a night to celebrate the diversity of styles that only this special music can give 'The feeling is in my heart' it'll be great to have some 'Unity in The Community' Bring it on !!!!!

Chris M :shades:

Nice one James..Will get the ball rolling...I will post the full dj line up for the Soul Or Nothing room very soon..Remember if any other folk out there are looking to play in our little room in the coming months then drop me a line.. stevecato64@yahoo.co.uk...

THEY'LL BE A FEW HEADING SOUTH FOR THIS NIGHT , WHICH WILL HOPEFULLY BE THE FIRST OF MANY, LOTS OF INTEREST !!!!!!!! CPTN M :thumbsup: CU SOON STEVIE

Really lookin forward to spinnin a few in the SON room, me self and steve have been disscussing various records and salavating over them as you do :thumbsup: R&B, ballards, and weird gear.....sounds like a good mixture :thumbsup:

Really lookin forward to spinnin a few in the SON room, me self and steve have been disscussing various records and salavating over them as you do :shades: R&B, ballards, and weird gear.....sounds like a good mixture :thumbsup:

LOOKING FORWARD TO DROPPING A FEW TUNES IN TOO AND LIKE YOU SAY BAZ LOTS OF SCOPE...SHOULD BE A REAL BUZZ !!!! :thumbsup:
Guest James Trouble

The Soul Or Nothing room looks like it's going to be a terrific event in it's own right!

Tickets have been flying out over the past week to all corners of the UK as far south as Cornwall and as north as Edinburgh, and to countries in Europe including Germany, Holland, France and Italy. Looking good so far...

We're going to be organising an afternoon session as well in one the local DJ bars. It's being discussed over at the funk forum, once everything is confirmed I'll post details on here.

Edited by James Trouble
Guest James Trouble

Is it likely to be ticket only, or will there be sales at door?

PS Website wasn't working when I looked an hour or so ago, havent tried again.

Hi jocko, the site is working now, must have been a glitch in the matrix!

Tickets will be available on the door if there are any left but I would suggest buying in advance going by the rate I've been posting them out! I'll give plenty of warning when I get towards the last 100 so no rush yet if you're not sure whether or not you can make it yet. :thumbsup:

Edited by James Trouble

Here is the dj line up for the Soul Or Nothing room...Good mix of djs and styles...

Baz

Andy Pollard

Chris - bear soul- Morgan

Adam Leaver

Olof

Wayne Dearman

Gareth x sweeny

Steve Cato

Here is a little starter from Baz....A little cover up :thumbsup: ...Have a listen and see what you think.... ..The room is gonna feature many styles and different tempo stuff,just like a little freestyle room should be..

Celest_Hardy___You_broke_my_heart_and_soul___cover_up.mp3

Edited by little-stevie

Here is the dj line up for the Soul Or Nothing room...Good mix of djs and styles...

Baz

Andy Pollard

Chris - bear soul- Morgan

Adam Leaver

Wayne Dearman

Gareth x sweeny

Steve Cato

Here is a little starter from Baz....A little cover up :thumbsup: ...Have a listen and see what you think.... ..The room is gonna feature many styles and different tempo stuff,just like a little freestyle room should be..

Celest_Hardy___You_broke_my_heart_and_soul___cover_up.mp3

Hi Stevie

Would love to hear it but keep getting a error message

Dave

Sorry Dave

Some problems with soundfile but i think its up and working now..

you broke my heart and soul - celest hardy - cover up..un-known

13436 refosoul

A sample of what on offer in the Soul Or Nothing room at Soul Revolution...This track comes from Baz..A little un-known sound maybe..

Edited by little-stevie

Sorry Dave

13436 refosoul

A sample of what on offer in the Soul Or Nothing room at Soul Revolution...This track comes from Baz..A little un-known sound maybe..

O.K. only had to hear the opening bars, someone sell it to me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wild guess, has she recorded some C&W stuff

Edited by Dave Thorley

Sorry Dave

13436 refosoul

Dolly Parton.

Guest James Trouble

We're planning on coming down. will try and purchase the tickets later off the website.

Anyone tell me the nearest tube station as we may come down by train.

Thanks

Liverpool Street is very close and if coming round the circle or central lines easiest I would say. Other wise Old street is a bit closer. There is a handy map on the website :thumbsup:

Am i right,must be........ :thumbsup:

Way off Ken :D (all though i do admit it does sound alittle dolly parton ish) One clue...........its on the same lable as a planet rarity and same lable design, thats all your getting :D

Really looking forward to heading back down to London for another great night out :D .

But if I venture into the room with the bed, I ask that nobody lets me sit on it. Last time I was there, I was so relaxed after a few drinks and some damn fine sounds, I was desperate to spread out and snooze :D .

-Hope you're not bringing a camera again Mr T :thumbsup:

Surely the tickets must be close to selling out soon?

I better get cracking with our mates down there

m

Edited by Maria O

Really looking forward to heading back down to London for another great night out :D .

But if I venture into the room with the bed, I ask that nobody lets me sit on it. Last time I was there, I was so relaxed after a few drinks and some damn fine sounds, I was desperate to spread out and snooze :D .

-Hope you're not bringing a camera again Mr T :thumbsup:

m

Too late Maria, i've claimed the bed all ready, i'll also be wearing a paisley dressing gown!

Baz Hefner

Guest James Trouble

so are theses beds for VIPs only/? will they be cordoned off?

The bed in the Soul Or Nothing Suite has a fancy dangly curtain for some privacy from any onlooking dancers, the bed in the deepfunk room is by the DJ booth and sometimes provides interesting viewing, especially for the DJs who get the best view. No bed in the Northern room I'm afraid, just lots of wooden dance floor space and nice booth style seating around the outside. Each room has it's own bar, with the bar for the northern room being seperated from the main dance area but with it's own speaker system pumping music in from the northern dance hall.

Maybe we should sell VIP tickets for the two beds? And there I was thinking that rare soul music was going to sell the event, when really everyone is more interested in the four poster! :-D

Edited by James Trouble

The bed in the Soul Or Nothing Suite has a fancy dangly curtain for some privacy from any onlooking dancers, the bed in the deepfunk room is by the DJ booth and sometimes provides interesting viewing, especially for the DJs who get the best view. No bed in the Northern room I'm afraid, just lots of wooden dance floor space and nice booth style seating around the outside. Each room has it's own bar, with the bar for the northern room being seperated from the main dance area but with it's own speaker system pumping music in from the northern dance hall.

Maybe we should sell VIP tickets for the two beds? And there I was thinking that rare soul music was going to sell the event, when really everyone is more interested in the four poster! :-D

half-hour spots on the bed ? raise some more brass for the kids ? who'd police it though?

so are theses beds for VIPs only/? will they be cordoned off?

i was not too happy when someone asked us to join them in the VIP area of another do recently.

As far as i'm concerned, if they insist on a VIP area at a soul venue, it should be used for vinyl or soul artists who do not wish to mix with the masses (if any)

However, half an hour on the bed for charity sounds great. I might need a kip at a niter :D

m

i was not too happy when someone asked us to join them in the VIP area of another do recently.

As far as i'm concerned, if they insist on a VIP area at a soul venue, it should be used for vinyl or soul artists who do not wish to mix with the masses (if any)

However, half an hour on the bed for charity sounds great. I might need a kip at a niter :D

m

I noticed at st ives,misrable or what :thumbsup: and i left me shoe`s.

I reckon you should do it in 30 min time slots - guest list only!

Guest James Trouble

Somthing I'd not thought about, but I have just taken an order for tickets over the phone with a credit card. So if anyone wants to pay over the phone, this is certainly possible, phone number on the web site and I can take orders between 7am and 6pm. :rolleyes:

However, half an hour on the bed for charity sounds great. I might need a kip at a niter :rolleyes:

m

We only sat there because the seating was more comfortable....and I note you thought so as you slept most of the night..... :lol:

Somthing I'd not thought about, but I have just taken an order for tickets over the phone with a credit card. So if anyone wants to pay over the phone, this is certainly possible, phone number on the web site and I can take orders between 7am and 6pm. :rolleyes:

It all helps James...I will pass on that info to my mates and others too..Its all looking good with a few weeks to go..In the words of that freddie Laker "book early"

It all helps James...I will pass on that info to my mates and others too..Its all looking good with a few weeks to go..In the words of that freddie Laker "book early"