Soul Revolution Allnighter Feb 24th

Guest James Trouble

Heres an idea........Soul Killer! for the pool bar..........same as killer but you stick a record in instead, nothing major just a cheapo £10 from your sales box or summin, as long as its a good record no crap thrown in :rolleyes:

Any one game? get a few people in and you could potentially walk away with a handfull of records for nowt thumbsup.gif

• Replies 256
  • Views 17.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Good man thumbsup.gif

I've just had an email from someone coming down to London from the north west for the whole weekend and was wondering what was happenning on the Friday. Is there anything else on the Friday that is not in the soul-source calender? :rolleyes:

Depending on their taste Sounds Of Blackness are on live at Jazz Cafe Friday night (Saturday too) seen them many years ago at Southport and they were just unbelievable, down to the bone soul music, althought the churchy lyrics are a bit much at times (as you would expect from a gospel outfit!)

Not for the Northern only crowd obviously.....

Heres an idea........Soul Killer! for the pool bar..........same as killer but you stick a record in instead, nothing major just a cheapo £10 from your sales box or summin, as long as its a good record no crap thrown in :thumbsup:

Any one game? get a few people in and you could potentially walk away with a handfull of records for nowt :thumbsup:

Baz that counts out at least half the scene,as some folk dont own cheap records or thats the impression i get lookin`in some sales boxes,lets stikc with the wonga`Baz........bottled it allready have ya` whistling.gif

Wasn't that worried about spinning tunes as will be plenty of time for that at the nighter, but will have me box so 5 or 10 wont hurt :thumbsup:

Keep us posted

SOUNDS A BOSS IDEA I'LL BE THERE FOR THE AFTERNOON SESSION ARMED TO THE TEETH WITH VINYL ! A GAME OF EIGHT BALL WILL DO NISELY TOO...JUST WAITING FOR A KENNY WITTICISM NOW :lol:
Guest James Trouble

can't wait for this one -seems a few are coming down from York, and hoping to persuade some more.

Have already got our tickets -impressive on-line ordering /payment and website.

Flyer must be one of the best I've seen .

Thanks for the comments about the promotion Andy. Fingers crossed the night itself will run as smoothly unsure.gif

I'll be at Lifeline tonight and the Rugby allnighter tomorrow, so if you're at either of these events and want to buy tickets off me in person, give Jen or myself a shout...

Edited by James Trouble

SOUNDS A BOSS IDEA I'LL BE THERE FOR THE AFTERNOON SESSION ARMED TO THE TEETH WITH VINYL ! A GAME OF EIGHT BALL WILL DO NISELY TOO...JUST WAITING FOR A KENNY WITTICISM NOW thumbsup.gif

used em`all up. :thumbup:

Guest James Trouble

IMPORTANT: There are only 18 rooms left at the holiday inn on old street, and I think Wrighty said his mate is about to phone them to book one of those up.

It is only a stones throw from the venue, so perhaps worth getting in contact with them if you are thinking of staying there...

thumbsup.gif

IMPORTANT: There are only 18 rooms left at the holiday inn on old street, and I think Wrighty said his mate is about to phone them to book one of those up.

It is only a stones throw from the venue, so perhaps worth getting in contact with them if you are thinking of staying there...

thumbsup.gif

BLIMEY !!! WE WERE GONNA BOOK THERE BETTER GET CRACKING !!

Quite a few messages in over the last few days about tickets..Not sure what the count is,i am sure James will keep you up-dated...A few more European soul people confirmed as well,i love to get the mix of folk from all over uk/Europe..Counting the days now..

I have said to folk today to buy tickets and then you aint gonna have to think about not getting in on the night.. :unsure:

Guest James Trouble

12 days to go, 200 tickets left out of the 550...

This is shaping up to be a real packer. There have been tickets sold to the USA this week, to go with sales to Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Portugal, Germany, England, Wales and Scotland.

I've been told that Giles Peterson is going to mention it on his Radio 1 show and talk about Ian Wright's Sister Funk 2 that is being launched in the deepfunk room, so seriously, no cock and bull, please, if you are planning to attend, think about buying your ticket in advance!

Info on the afternoon warm up session to follow tomorrow...

Guest James Trouble

Any flyers left James ?

Need some to spread the word further..

Cannot wait to give the 45s a good caning; dead keen for this one !

Hi Russ,

Let me know your address and I'll put a batch in the post for you tomorrow...

I think a few folk are looking forward to The Rustler's "quality soul sounds" set. Are you still in contact with the old Spitlefield's gang? Danny Delta et al? Have you heard about the afternoon session at The Pool Bar?

Edited by James Trouble
Guest James Trouble

Hi James

Starting to sort out our trip to London....

I have to be sorted before hand, maybe it's a Virgo thing or maybe I am mad..... :thumbsup:

I haven't been to London in a car since the charges were introduced....not quite sure how it works.

Is the Bedroom in that area?

Does it start and end at a set time or is it continuous?

Thanks Sian

Hi Sian,

No congestion charge, so don't stress :thumbsup:

There is parking down Rivington Street, or on the roads that ring around Rivington Street (probably easier than on Rivington St). We had more trouble getting parked in the car park at your Rugby allnighter than I normally have parking in Shoreditch! :thumbsup:

Hope that relieves your worries? smile.gif

Edited by James Trouble
Guest Andy BB

Baz that counts out at least half the scene,as some folk dont own cheap records or thats the impression i get lookin`in some sales boxes,lets stikc with the wonga`Baz........bottled it allready have ya` :thumbsup:

Count me in.

How about winner gets a fiver off everyone, loser has to take a record from each of yours and Baz's play boxes?

:thumbsup:

count me in for this event :thumbsup:

looking forward to it

Shane

Good news indeed..Its been a while mate..Are you gonna come to the warm up early doors for a few first...Its looking like its gonna be a full house...I'm sure James will keep you all up-dated and let you know the ticket situation..Can't fecking wait...

Andy BB on the pool table..Lets hope you aint got any of then Scouse fivers to give away :thumbsup: ...Game on...

Guest James Trouble

Good news indeed..Its been a while mate..Are you gonna come to the warm up early doors for a few first...Its looking like its gonna be a full house...I'm sure James will keep you all up-dated and let you know the ticket situation..Can't fecking wait...

Andy BB on the pool table..Lets hope you aint got any of then Scouse fivers to give away :thumbsup: ...Game on...

Stevie, are you in a position to sort out DJ times etc and help out organise folk for the warm up as I am going to need to be in the Bedroom just round the corner from around 2.30 till 4ish, maybe later, setting up sound system etc? I think my hands are going to be pretty full for alot of the afternoon?

So far DJs on the list for the afternoon session 100% are: Andy Brazil, Yann V, Adam (mod/Val's boyfriend not Adam Leaver), Craig The Funky Plumber, Sami from Finland, possibly Liam Large who lives round the corner but has yet to confirm. Also hoping to hear back from Jappy Jimmy Dynamite. But obviously there are two or three from around here who have expressed interest, so people who confirm 100% first will get the slots.

Just short of 200 tickets left for sale, which is so much better than any of us ever expected at this stage of the promotion, and it means that even if we don't sell another ticket it's going to be a buzzing party. I'll keep you all up too speed on availabilty, so no rush just yet, still plenty of time to decide if you are going to come along. But I would say that if you knew how good the "Northern Soul Hall" is, like those who have seen it know how good it is, you'd have purchased a ticket already! :thumbsup:

Edited by James Trouble

So far DJs on the list for the afternoon session 100% are: Andy Brazil, Yann V, Adam (mod/Val's boyfriend not Adam Leaver), Craig The Funky Plumber, Sami from Finland, possibly Liam Large who lives round the corner but has yet to confirm. Also hoping to hear back from Jappy Jimmy Dynamite. But obviously there are two or three from around here who have expressed interest, so people who confirm 100% first will get the slots.

Count me in for a top 5/10 current spins slot :thumbsup:

Hi James..Not sure what time i will be there in the afternoon with travel from Manchester..See if any others are able to help with afternoon session first....If no offers then i will sort it out...Whats the start finish time for the warm up and then you can see how many djs are reqired..30 min slot each to get the 10 records in thumbsup.gif

Guest Stuart T

Also hoping to hear back from Jappy Jimmy Dynamite.

Is he the one who says horrible things about you on his website?

Afraid that I'll be missing this which is a shame but I hope its a good one, looks very promising as an ongoing event.

Guest James Trouble

Hi James..Not sure what time i will be there in the afternoon with travel from Manchester..See if any others are able to help with afternoon session first....If no offers then i will sort it out...Whats the start finish time for the warm up and then you can see how many djs are reqired..30 min slot each to get the 10 records in thumbsup.gif

Ok, Steve. Will do. I was thinking someone from London...

Guest clanger v2

Looks like a really good afternoon / evening / night / early morning :shades:ohmy.gif

Count me in James.......you gonna have tickets with you over the weekend?

Looks like there's a place for a southern shark on the pool table as well.....!

Guest James Trouble

Looks like a really good afternoon / evening / night / early morning :shhh::shades:

Count me in James.......you gonna have tickets with you over the weekend?

Looks like there's a place for a southern shark on the pool table as well.....!

I might be in London on Friday for Solid Hit, but I'm DJing in Portugal on Saturday so I won't be about anywhere for the rest of the weekend. I think Jen is going to Peterborough though, so I'll give her a few to take there.

If I can't be at The Pool Bar all afternoon on the 24th, is it going to be ok to let everyone sort themselfs out? wicked.gif And what time does everyone think would be best for them to open up? Is 3pm ok?

Well chuffed for this event, it seems to have about everything you could want, well done Mr Trouble!

Superb website as well. thumbsup.gif

Would have been great fun to bring a current top 10 for spinning but unfortunately working Saturday so won' be able to make it until the main event...

Olof> Way happy to hear you play in Soul or Nothing room! Be good to catch up broder.

Not long now...

Guest James Trouble

Well chuffed for this event, it seems to have about everything you could want, well done Mr Trouble!

Would have been great fun to bring a current top 10 for spinning but unfortunately working Saturday so won' be able to make it until the main event...

Olof> Way happy to hear you play in Soul or Nothing room! Be good to catch up broder.

Not long now...

Thanks for the feedback Macke. Yes, we're all getting excited now. Can't wait...

I've heard this afternoon that we are going to be featured in the Guardian as 'club of the week', which should help bring in plenty of interested people. So again I'll ask that if you are thinking of coming, please think seriously about buying a ticket in advance as once we hit the 550 mark it'll be one in one out.

Less than 200 tickets left for sale now... thumbup.gif

Edited by James Trouble

Yes Ollie get tickets to make sure..

Its all shaping up pretty well...Nice to have a buzz going for the event and folk seem to be up for the mix of Soul/Funk..Look forward to meeting old freinds and meeting new folk too..I have been asked to post some dj times by some of the djs in the Soul Or Nothing room..Will sort it out after the weekend...

All the best

Steve

Somthing I'd not thought about, but I have just taken an order for tickets over the phone with a credit card. So if anyone wants to pay over the phone, this is certainly possible, phone number on the web site and I can take orders between 7am and 6pm.

Hi James, Hope all is well, I know your Man of the World & probably don't need telling but PAYPAL is Great for doing tickets with, & you don't end up felling like your in an INDIAN CALL CENTRE ....

Keep @ It

Jon & Sue Buck

:lol:

# I can cover for you Macke. Im smart enough :P

# Cant wait! Will try to get a coach a.s.a.p so ill be there in time

Not long now...

Guest James Trouble

Hi James, Hope all is well, I know your Man of the World & probably don't need telling but PAYPAL is Great for doing tickets with, & you don't end up felling like your in an INDIAN CALL CENTRE ....

Keep @ It

Jon & Sue Buck

thumbsup.gif

Cheers Jon, buy yourself a pair of tickets and you'll see that we do use paypal :rolleyes:

Guest James Trouble

This sounds like a Fabulous night... I baggsy the bed at around 4am please :rolleyes: What's parking like there and will I have to pay the congestion charge?

Parking is not an issue at that time of night, there are plenty of spaces in the area, but just read the signs and double check the markings on the road. There is no congestion charge thumbsup.gif

Edited by James Trouble
Guest James Trouble

hey james, don't know where the warm-up is at, or what times it's on for. let us know mofo

I think most the info is on this thread, but I'll post it on the events calender as well tomorrow morning.

It's at The Pool Bar, Curtain Road, 3pm till 8pmish. Full list of DJs etc will be online tomorrow. Should be some pretty interesting music by the looks of it, to wet the pallet for the allnighter... yes.gif

Guest James Trouble

I'd just like to to say that I have found there to be two very clearly defined type of people on the soul scene since I have been pushing the Soul Revolution allnighter hard. Nice people who care about the music and those around them and the nasty pieces of work who are in it for their own gain.

On several occassions now posters and flyers have been removed from allnighters. Most recently and specifically at Peterborough and Rugby. I hope they are being taken for the right reasins, but I'm worried they are not as they are going at the start of the nights.

I'd like to highlight Chris and Marcelle's attitude as somthing all on the scene should look up to. Not only do they have an event on the same night as Soul Revolution, they also allowed me to flyer and put posters up at their allnighters. When I questioned chris about why he allowed me to do this he said "Look kiddo, we all love the music, people will choose where they want to go, you're welcome to promote it at my events."

That is the reason New Century events are successfull, because they love the music and the people on the scene know this and support them. thumbsup.gif

And a message to the wallies who have been removing posters: It is not me you are taking away from, it is two children who's father was stabbed to death by their mother. So you are taking from two children, not me.

If anyone wants posters from future events, ask me and I'll be happy to give..

Edited by James Trouble