• Views 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest James Trouble

James I wouldn't mind a poster for this event if you have any left :P

Val

Most of them have been removed before end of nighters so I am down to my last mint copy. Really should keep it for myself.

Although I am trying to trade that one plus the famous 'funk 45 in a head' poster from the Funk 45 nights of a few years ago for a copy of the original deepfunk poster that Jason Stirland has! :D

Edited by James Trouble

Most of them have been removed before end of nighters so I am down to my last mint copy. Really should keep it for myself.

Although I am trying to trade that one plus the famous 'funk 45 in a head' poster from the Funk 45 nights of a few years ago for a copy of the original deepfunk poster that Jason Stirland has! wicked.gif

what, you mean this one...

poster1.jpg

not the original poster but an original poster if you nah'mean

...or this one

poster2.jpg

..not a chance :rolleyes:

Edited by J-Brew
Guest wrighty

Really , whats it say Ian , just playing some jazzy stuff Mr Salter sent me ..

"originally spun on the early UK Modern Soul scene by pioneering DJ Robin Salter"

thumbsup.gif

Guest Marcelle

Although I am trying to trade that one plus the famous 'funk 45 in a head' poster from the Funk 45 nights of a few years ago for a copy of the original deepfunk poster that Jason Stirland has! :rolleyes:

Awww ........ dont be mean saving the last one for yourself :rolleyes: thats just so selfish hehehe

Tell you what James I`ll trade you POSTER for ................... Chris whistling.gif

Hope you all have a super night sorry I wont be there :wicked:

Edited by Marcelle

Another Profile for one of the djs in the Soul Or Nothing room..Andy Pollard or Kid Mohair on soul source..Its a real mixed bag of djs,just like we wanted for a freestyle room.. I got to see Andy play at Backbeat and he did the business there..

Andy Pollard from Kettering Northants

Age 47

Occupation House decoration & renovators

First Allnighter 1975 (begged my brothers to take me)

First Taste of Soul 1972 (older brothers)

Music Style R&B -1960s up tempo northern soul

Interests clothes, Records,

Likes To DJ occasionally

dj`d at Middleton r&b room,half time orange leices,wellingborough embankment,mkt harborough rugby club, piercebridge and a few mod do`s,

a few tunes i will be playing in the soul or nothing room.......

The decisions i cant forget about you..... The contours jealousy......Banny price you love me pretty baby.....The chesterfields you walked away,

regards ,........Kid mohair.

Awww ........ dont be mean saving the last one for yourself :rolleyes: thats just so selfish hehehe

Tell you what James I`ll trade you POSTER for ................... Chris whistling.gif

Hope you all have a super night sorry I wont be there :wicked:

Keep the poster James,please keep the poster :rolleyes:

Another profile from one of the Soul Or Nothing djs..Good lad from Yorkshire who as played at two soul or nothing events in the past..Real passion and a good feel for tunes when he is behind the decks..

Name: Wayne Dearman

Enjoys: Music, my kids, Love, Life, Freedom and Unity.

Places DJ'ed: Started on the Mod scene some 20+ years ago. Brighton Beach (Leeds, Sheffield, Newcastle and Leicester) was one of the last people to DJ at Clifton Hall. Been doing bits and bobs for years.Also and experienced House DJ and mix Soulful, Funky house and lots of other stuff.

3 tunes for airing at SON suite@ Revolution nighter: The Idelas - The Gorilla , Don Fardon - I'm Alive, Ad libs - Think of me.

Styles for the night: an amalgamation of everything to tantalise the senses.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to let folk know about the ticket situation...

I can probably allow another 125 advance tickets go, well 124 as we really should save a space for Simon who sadly can't be with us :unsure: What I haven't told many people is that the official capacity is 700, but we are keeping it at 550 to allow space for the dancers.

I am about to go to the post box now with this morning's sales and I will do one more post out this afternoon. After that I will hold any more advance ticket sales on the door.

I will also be popping into Soul In The City tonight and I will have tickets on me there.

Three more days to go... :unsure:

CAN YOU SAVE A TICKET FOR A PAL OF MINE ..JOHN 'KIPPER' KERR ON THE DOOR OR AT 'THE DITCH' I'LL STUMP UP WHEN I GET THERE IS THAT OK JAMES ? :unsure:
Guest James Trouble

Not being the sort of person who ducks away from difficult decisions I've gone and done a crazy thing, but it might just work...

The venue for the warm up has changed from The Pool Bar to:

The Ditch Bar

145 Shoreditch High Street

London

This venue normally hosts Soul In The City, so will be familiar to some of you.

The reason is basically because we can't have the Pool Bar past 8pm, but The Ditch Bar are allowing us to have it from 6pm till 10pm and it is only 40 yards away from The Bedroom. I hope you all agree that this is a good move? :unsure: The Ditch Bar owner has also dropped his prices for anyone who waves a Soul Revolution ticket at the bar maid when they order. Noice :thumbsup:

I will email everyone about this today, DJs are the same, and it should provide us all with a better build up to the Allnighter.

Thankfully all the final details were sorted at The Bedroom last night and if you can remember back far enough when I announced the disappointing news that there would be no 'Soul Kitchen' as was originally planned. I am now pleased to announce that the venue have reversed their decision and will be providing soul food snacks, including jerk chicken and home made pasties at very reasonable prices. Oh yesh! :lol:

The advance ticket sales have exceeded all our expectations with almsot every country in Europe represented as well as Russia and the USA and a much bigger turn out from the north of England than I could have hoped for. I won't be doing another mail out of tickets but will be holding them for collection on the door or at the warm up at The Ditch Bar, so no problem if you still want to buy an advance ticket. I'll also have tickets with me at The Ditch Bar so if you only decide if you are coming down at the last minute the best thing to do will be to arrive at the warm up and buy one there.

Two days to go, and at last it's starting to feel down hill for me and I'm starting to relax. Roll on Saturday... :)

I am now pleased to announce that the venue have reversed their decision and will be providing soul food snacks, including jerk chicken and home made pasties at very reasonable prices. Oh yesh! :thumbsup:

Veggie pasties? :unsure:

Guest James Trouble

James

Finally pulled my finger out and paid for our tickets with paypal last night....

We intend to go to the warm-up...

Who will holding on to the tickets.....

I understand you will be running around like a headless chicken, so don't want to be hassling you on the night....

Hi Sian,

I'll be holding all tickets purchased from now on for collection on the door or at the warm up. Don't worry about me hun, the buck stops here so hassle away. :thumbsup:

Edited by James Trouble

James

Finally pulled my finger out and paid for our tickets with paypal last night....

We intend to go to the warm-up...

Who will holding on to the tickets.....

I understand you will be running around like a headless chicken, so don't want to be hassling you on the night....

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU RASCALS AGAIN!!!!
Guest James Trouble

Ordered a ticket for a friend yesterday and it arrived this morning, hows that for service...........cheers james see you sat.

Good to hear The Soul Revolution Administration Team are doing their job.

I've obviously had to stop posting out tickets now, but people can still feel free to buy in advance for collection either at the warm up or on the door :thumbsup:

Oh how I wish I could be there...as I said before this will be 100% a cracker. Me I will be in rainy Berlin :angry:

Thanks for the message Mark..Hope to get to Berlin soul club this year sometime.... thumbsup.gif

Plenty last minute messages..Gonna be off-line after 1pm....If you want to contact me then call or text.. 07752084878..Still waiting on one dj to confirm and then will get somebody to post dj times...

Have a good weekend..

The fun starts at 1pm tomorrow afternoon, Pie, mash, eels & liquor then on to a few bars for beer.gif will be at the warm up for no later than 8pm thumbsup.gif

I`ll buy you some jellied eels just to see you eat em`,yuk!!double yuk yuk!!!!!!

Guest James Trouble

The fun starts at 1pm tomorrow afternoon, Pie, mash, eels & liquor then on to a few bars for :rolleyes: will be at the warm up for no later than 8pm :rolleyes:

Hi Baz, think there are a few folk over at tha funk board who are at a loose end since the warm up changed. Do you have any solid plans, they are good guys and would probably be worth hooking up with?

Guest Andy BB

Hi Baz, think there are a few folk over at tha funk board who are at a loose end since the warm up changed. Do you have any solid plans, they are good guys and would probably be worth hooking up with?

There's a little boozer directly opposite with pole dancers - pound in the jar.

There's a big grotty boozer 200 yards away with pole dancers, 50p in the jar. very atmospheric.

There's a big place on the corner with pole dancers, pound in the jar, £15 for a private dance.

I'm sure they'll find somewhere to go. What the bloody hell do they want? Jam on it?

Guest James Trouble

There's a big grotty boozer 200 yards away with pole dancers, 50p in the jar. very atmospheric.

There's a big place on the corner with pole dancers, pound in the jar, £15 for a private dance.

I'm sure they'll find somewhere to go. What the bloody hell do they want? Jam on it?

:rolleyes: They are foreign, thought I'd point them somwhere if you guys got any solid plans. Pole dancers sound good though, I'll recomend it if they are at a loose end, but tell them to bring their own Jam! :rolleyes:

Dj times...For the Soul Or Nothing room..

10pm Olof

10.20 Chris Morgan

10.40 Steve Cato..

11.00 Baz

11.30 Wayne

12.00 Gareth

12.30 Adam

1am Andy Pollard

1.30 Wayne Dearman

2.00 Gareth

2.30 Adam

3.00 Chris Morgan

3.40 Olof

4.20 Baz

4.50 Andy

5.20 Steve Cato

6am Meltdown :rolleyes: closed.....

Other dj times..Good to have them all on one page...

DJ times for the northern room:

1130-1 Val Palmer

1-215 James Trouble

215-330 Butch

330-445 Arthur Fenn

445-6 Mick H

DJ times for the Deepfunk room:

930-1230 Fryer + Rustler

1230-230 Ian Wright

230-430 Snowboy

430-6 Jazzman Gerald

Edited by little-stevie

No solid plans mate, im staying over at me mates in Chigwell, with Sharon, Tracy and Dorene, we're just going out for some snap and a few swift ones, then back to his to get change befor hitting the warm up :rolleyes:

Best not let my mate see this, we'll never make it to the nighter :rolleyes:

Guest James Trouble

Probably coming up on the train - what's the nearest tube - Liverpool St. or Old St??

If you coming in from train, I'd say Liverpool street, but Old street is slightly closer.

Just a little favour to ask people:

There are two cloak rooms in the venue, one upstairs, one down stairs in the Northern Soul room. We are running the down stairs one, so it would be nice if you would let us have your pound coins rather than the venue upstairs as we will be giving them to a good cause :rolleyes:

Edited by James Trouble

I think it would be a lot more interesting for Baz to do the pole dancing, I'm sure everyone would pay £1 in the jar...... :thumbsup:

Edited by Rugby Soul Club

I think it would be a lot more interesting for Baz to do the pole dancing, I'm sure everyone would pay £1 in the jar...... :lol:

What a stomach churning thought. You need counselling! :thumbsup::lol:

Guest James Trouble

I think it would be a lot more interesting for Baz to do the pole dancing, I'm sure everyone would pay £1 in the jar...... :lol:

Are you mad?!?!?!

Actually, I think we know the answer to that already! :thumbsup:

Guest James Trouble

Yann + Andy Brazil are kindly going to be on hand to help sort out the warm up for us and will be at the helm there while I have to sort things at The Bedroom. Yann emailed me the DJ times, and it looks like it should be a pretty good party in it's own right, especially going by the feedback emails I've been receiving from people who are attending!

1800-1830 bearsoul

1830-1900 francis

1900-1930 adam

1930-2000 baz

2000-2030 craig the funky plumber

2030-2100 andy brazil

2100-2130 sami

2130-2200 yann

Edited by James Trouble

:yes: Byrney...Elaine says she has a nice 'twin set' you can borrow for the night....you'll look knockout in it :lol:

Val

Has she got anything in Strolling pink? I want to stop trafic tonight darlllling.

See you later Val

:lol:

Has she got anything in Strolling pink? I want to stop trafic tonight darlllling.

See you later Val

:yes:

I am just leaving to get plane (assuming Colin is ready) phone us later and let us know where you are, say hi to Lynn and Jamie for me think Colin wants to shop first, oh no!!

Val are you getting down early, give us a ring if so.

See you

Jock

Edited by jocko

Source Advert