Soulful House / Garage Picks

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 22:16, Mickey Finn said:

I remember Paul Trouble Anderson playing this - Darryl Pandy from 1990:

I saw Paul Trouble Anderson DJ last month. He was great, even with one arm in a sling 😀. Still really loving the music he was playing.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

This was a great idea for a thread - apart from the financial damage, it's had me digging through the recesses of my memory for literally months now trying to track down stuff I don't have, and rediscovering stuff I do. There's a rich seam of releases from the 1990s that would justify another volume of Joey Negro's 90s house collection, plenty of Italian stuff, and since we're at it by 2018 we're well into the new century so there's a new set of comps to be getting on with. So much now is coming out on download only, which is a real shame, so it's even more down to the compilers to put together decent selections - and then for the punters to buy them of course.

Heaven help us when you get started on the soulful disco and boogie thread :facepalm:

Social source share

45 minutes ago, Mickey Finn said:

This was a great idea for a thread - apart from the financial damage, it's had me digging through the recesses of my memory for literally months now trying to track down stuff I don't have, and rediscovering stuff I do. There's a rich seam of releases from the 1990s that would justify another volume of Joey Negro's 90s house collection, plenty of Italian stuff, and since we're at it by 2018 we're well into the new century so there's a new set of comps to be getting on with. So much now is coming out on download only, which is a real shame, so it's even more down to the compilers to put together decent selections - and then for the punters to buy them of course.

Heaven help us when you get started on the soulful disco and boogie thread :facepalm:

Yeah thanks, it's been brilliant - cost me a few quid as well but picked up some fabulous new tunes

Hope people keep posting because there's so much to go at - it could run and run 

Social source share