Chris Turnbull profile photo

Soulful House / Garage Picks

Posted

Mal said it’s ok to wander off piste.

As it’s Friday afto here’s a bit of sleezy deep euro disco from a few years ago. I love this ; it’s never far from a spin in my house. 

• Thanks 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

While we’re on the euro tip or trip. 

A fave 12 from 2016. It’s a broad church we’re all friends here......

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Final one of 3 for me at mo.

Recent release. This is best mix. Chugs and waltzes along in lovely equal measures. 

Just putting off goin’ for a run now !!! 

• Thanks 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

I like those three, especially the last one, in fact I just love that label and sleeve, I want it!! lol

Im comprising a album under the name 'Post Injection Burn' which includes that crazy Spanish Electronica and stuff like 'ImpLOG - Holland Tunnel Dive', if you know that record...    I like creating albums on a theme, and my themes are always based on little quotes I like, 'Post injection Burn' is from the Apollo launches... which just sound cool...all make perfect sense to me honestly!   anyhow enough ramblming, here is impLOG - Holland Tunnel Dive! 

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Tell you what you might like Neil, I force myself to buy random things that just interest me, sure we all do that. This was good little 10 inch lp by french girl group 'Juniore'  sort of retro pop, very french !! lol

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

I feel Ive tainted the thread, so here is some of that Soulful Dancey stuff with a touch of Synth!!

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

and while I was trawling you tube I found this... I think Jo Wallace works for this lot, Ashley Beedle that is, and his record labels..

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

and finally this little beauty, got this from Flying when it came out, sold it then didn't hear it for 20 years until I was on holiday in Greece in some bar, 'its that f&*&&^% record!!'  lol glad i got it back now..

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Blimey ; the Harmonica Song - that brought a distant vague recollection back. I couldn’t have told you what it was called or anything though !!

nice selections Malc. Yep I agree reckon we all buy some odd curiosity stuff deliberately -I then feel I need more to put alongside the others. A nice little off piste foray there. 

Lovin BSO Bless The Darkness. I’m off to look that one up - hopefully to add to basket - notice it’s side 5.

Jo Wallace is boss (I think ) at RamRock. Got some good recent releases.

👍👍👍

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

I'm glad Ive been trawling again cause I just found another track for 'Post Injection Burn, yep tihs is 'that' crazy shit again!  I don't know what genre this stuff belongs to, but I like it, it goes to places Northern soul and Happy house cant touch..

Edited by Mal C

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Ok I had to complete this one, the above is not in cause I haven't bought it, but you get the idea 🙂

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Proper journey there from Mal. 🔥 Post injection burn.

Got the Harvey Sutherland 12 today as tipped by Chris. Really good - both sides. 👍

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Pulled a few 12s at the weekend. This from 2016 - got that spacey cosmic vibe which I am digging a lot. House, Soul..... all that

Doctor I may have balaeria 🤔☀️😜

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 09/08/2019 at 07:07, Mickey Finn said:

Back to 1993 for Victor Simonelli as Cloud 9:

Got to say that's my favourite 'new' track since we revived the thread, superb 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 13/08/2019 at 20:51, neiljon31 said:

Got the Harvey Sutherland 12 today as tipped by Chris. Really good - both sides. 👍

Nice one Neil 😀 

Their 'Priestess / Bravado' 12" is equally good if you don't know it - I think maybe Mickey posted on here ages ago - top quality tuneage

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 13/08/2019 at 20:56, neiljon31 said:

Pulled a few 12s at the weekend. This from 2016 - got that spacey cosmic vibe which I am digging a lot. House, Soul..... all that

That is nice - I like the spacey vibe too - bit like the Phenomenal Handclap / Ray Mang 'Judge not' one I posted recently

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Lovely spacey vibe on this one, soulful as you like

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 11/08/2019 at 09:14, Mal C said:

I'm glad Ive been trawling again cause I just found another track for 'Post Injection Burn, yep tihs is 'that' crazy shit again!  I don't know what genre this stuff belongs to, but I like it, it goes to places Northern soul and Happy house cant touch..

Too freaky for me

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Give me the Harmonica Track any day😁

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 10/08/2019 at 15:10, Mal C said:

I feel Ive tainted the thread, so here is some of that Soulful Dancey stuff with a touch of Synth!!

Like this equally cool Kenny Dope edit

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

don't know if this has been up before, but MOTH deserve a mention. Fundamental tune back in the early 9ts. Detroit house still rules. 

Edited by geeselad

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
9 hours ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Got to say that's my favourite 'new' track since we revived the thread, superb 

Victor Simonelli is up there among the greats of house for me ... during the early to mid 90s in particular he could do no wrong. This piece of jazz house comes from what might be regarded as after his peak, in 1999:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

And much more recent, from 2015, this tune featuring Carolyn Harding:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

And back to 2000 for more jazz house, "Our groove":

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 14/08/2019 at 23:52, Chris Turnbull said:

Too freaky for me

Lol, yep it’s not for the faint hearted Chris!!  always liked stuff like that, allot of these releases here got played alongside stuff like that in The late 8ts early 9ts, just the way it was back then 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Brand new Theo Parrish 12. It’s got a lovely Dego mix on flip too.

Been “umming and ahhhing”over it for some reason but picked it up this morning. Partly on noticing it start to sell out and when it’s gone it’s gone principle ! That’s all the hook we collectors need sometimes ey. 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

'Canal Tavern' spin for me at Thorne circa 1992 .........Wonderful  Enjoy

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

And another from the same year, weren't the 90's just brilliant for 'SOULFUL' Garage Enjoy

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

sorry, should have been this one again from same year Enjoy Rick

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 10/08/2019 at 15:12, Mal C said:

and while I was trawling you tube I found this... I think Jo Wallace works for this lot, Ashley Beedle that is, and his record labels..

Ashley beedle remixing one of the classic techno tracks.  I love this.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Joe T. Vannelli did another 12 that's really top class, 'Dont Let Go' from an EP called 'Overnight EP Vol 1', was a big record for a while in the bedrooms!

Kinda on the same tip, Iv'e been playing this in the car and at home last few weeks, had totally forgotten it existed 😕 glad I remembered Mr Heard!! lol

Edited by Mal C

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 10/08/2019 at 15:10, Mal C said:

Evening - I'm Ashley's trouble and strife :D I don't work for his record labels - I own 4 labels and he remixes for me :) If you're interested in what we're up to now, drop me a line - some outstanding house releases.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I do apologise 🙂 love to find out what you guys are up to... I’ll pop you message on here ..  mal 

Share this forum post

soul source url

Audio Lists - Source Music Forum

Themed soul youtube music video lists

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Soulful House / Garage For Sale
    Record Sales by Guest on Mon 22 Aug 2005
    • 1 / 666
    • on 22 Aug 2005
  2. Soulful House And Garage
    Events Archive by Guest Decroco on Mon 18 Jun 2007
    • 6 / 510
    • Cunnie on 30 Jun 2007
  3. Soulful House And Garage At 'qube' Sheffield
    Events Archive by Guest Decroco on Tue 19 Jun 2007
    • 1 / 405
    • Decroco on 19 Jun 2007
  4. Soulful House/garage
    All About the SOUL by Dave Moore on Mon 01 Dec 2008
    • 282 / 8765
    • Dave Moore on 03 Dec 2008
  5. Soulful House And Garage 12 Inch And Rare Lps
    Record Sales by perux on Wed 02 Sep 2009
    • 1 / 342
    • perux on 02 Sep 2009
  6. Soul-full House And Garage @ Qube Sheffield
    Events Archive by Guest Decroco on Tue 26 Jun 2007
    • 2 / 245
    • SteveM on 26 Jun 2007

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.