recording vinyl onto cd

Guest ganesh

Guest ganesh

hi can any body advise on the best way to record from my vinyl onto CD.

I have seen numerous cheap decks with cd recording facility but have only poor reports on their quality or reliability.

What kit do you guys use

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Connect a record player stereo output to a laptop or PC soundcard input and use a program like audacity to record to wav or similar. Also use it to top and tail each recording . then use a free CD writing program like cdburnerXP to import the recordings and write to a cdr

Social source share

Go for a Phillips CD Recorder, preferably the double drawer which also does cd to cd. Buy good quality Audio CD Recording discs preferably Phillips or Maxell.

Both players and discs on Ebay, but be sure to get a player that is guaranteed as working as there are loads that are advertised as faulty. I have made hundreds of discs which are vinyl to cd. They record as good a quality as the vinyl.

Best of luck.

Kev

Social source share

I use a Sony PSHX500 turntable.  It outputs high resolution audio, and you can decide between WAV or DSD file format.  Connect to your PC via USB, use Sony's own software to record and edit the sound file, then burn to CD if required.  Sounds great through a HiFi.....

https://www.whathifi.com/sony/ps-hx500/review

Edited by Steve S 60
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

I agree with Kevin regarding the Phillips CD recorder, always good quality recordings. I used to use "Maxell cd-r XL -II 80 Music" to record onto. I happen to have 2 x 25 cd spindles sat on the shelf, unopened if you want them. £15 inc postage.

Dave

Social source share

On 18/07/2018 at 21:29, kevin jones said:

Go for a Phillips CD Recorder, preferably the double drawer which also does cd to cd. Buy good quality Audio CD Recording discs preferably Phillips or Maxell.

Both players and discs on Ebay, but be sure to get a player that is guaranteed as working as there are loads that are advertised as faulty. I have made hundreds of discs which are vinyl to cd. They record as good a quality as the vinyl.

Best of luck.

Kev

Hi , I agree ,Phillips cd recorder does record great , however mine packed in on the recording cd , don’t know how common this is with Phillip’s cd recorder , if it is a rare occurrence I’d be tempted to buy another. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!