News: New Release - Broken Hearts Inc - Kimberlite Records

Guest Kimberlite Recs

Email I received from Kimberlite the other day suggested a “European Distributor” had received stock delivery before they had in Canada. Official release date is 1st Aug I believe.

Both the demo and issue went on pre-release sale online on Kimberlite website at midnight our time last night (5pm Canada time). Demo sold out quickly as expected and guessing the issues will too.

Great to see quality new labels and new releases like this still popping up around the globe, even if it is sometimes a bit of a game trying to keep informed and still in with a shout at buying each release directly before they sell out and hit the re-seller market at 3 or 4 times the original retail price..but that’s another thread altogether I guess.

Anyway I look forward to my parcel from Canada in a few weeks and to whatever comes next from Kimberlite Records. Cheers, S

Social source share

7 hours ago, chalky said:

Demos? But they aten’t demos are they, just a way to eek extra out of the collector. Good release mind. 

I meant Promotional Copies..buyer’s choice I guess whether to pay bit more for limited run labels. I’m all for it if it helps the record labels / artists gain a bit more income while they can, invest back for more of the same hopefully. Yes great release and hope it leads to an album or at least further single releases from this group.

Social source share

40 minutes ago, Scotters said:

I meant Promotional Copies..buyer’s choice I guess whether to pay bit more for limited run labels. I’m all for it if it helps the record labels / artists gain a bit more income while they can, invest back for more of the same hopefully. Yes great release and hope it leads to an album or at least further single releases from this group.

I meant they aren't promotional, they are for sale for a start and they aren't used to promote.  You are right though buyers choice but I'm not a fan of the limited runs of say 300.  The cost isn't that much more for 500 or even a 1000.  That surely is the best way to make more money? 

I'd like to see an LP( is one in the future plans Kimberlite?) as that is what I collect these days but I do buy new releases too.

Edited by chalky
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Kimberlite Recs

Thanks for the kind words!

Just to follow-up on some of the conversation,

12 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

I got a copy from Juno this week....

The honest truth is that the sales at Juno were not per our plan and kind of have us scrambling.  No drama, just a miscommunication.  I'm unsure if they have more stock that they'll be selling after our official release date or if they sold out the other day.  Regardless though we won't be able to restock them.  

11 hours ago, chalky said:

Demos? But they aten’t demos are they, just a way to eek extra out of the collector. Good release mind. 

Our promo copies are a limited run and come with a press sheet that includes a short group bio, info about the label, social media links etc.  We've done a very small run-size of the label variation and the lions share are sent out for free to Canadian independent radio stations, influential bloggers, and DJs ahead of the official release date.  The balance we sell at a premium price ($20 CAD) to try and offset the cost of the free ones.   Obviously we don't need to do a label variant to send a record to a blogger, but we're all pretty caught up in collecting soul 45s ourselves and like to pay homage to form.  

3 hours ago, chalky said:

I'd like to see an LP( is one in the future plans Kimberlite?) as that is what I collect these days but I do buy new releases too.

We do intend to release an LP compilation of our 45s once we've got a few more records to fill it, is that interesting to you?   Would you prefer to see full-lengths from individual groups?

Social source share

6 hours ago, Kimberlite Recs said:

We do intend to release an LP compilation of our 45s once we've got a few more records to fill it, is that interesting to you?   Would you prefer to see full-lengths from individual groups?

I do prefer individual LPs from he groups but I guess that depends on what material they have.  

The Estimations, will there be a repress or an LP.  £60 plus on discogs for a new release, that is what narks me about the limited press new releases, many buy to sell once they are sold out at an inflated price and the collectors miss out.

But, keep up the good work!

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!